Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152
Results 4,531 to 4,546 of 4546

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Sarcasm?
    No, I actually think (despite their goofier moments and missteps) that they're a truly fascinating and interesting band that really just did their own thing. At their best they're great. The production on a lot of their albums is a bummer though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I like the Beatles but I can't stand Hey Jude.

I do like Let It Be though.
    I'm with you on this. The Beatles recorded some of my favorite songs and albums of all time, but I have a hard time getting into that one. It's just... bland.

On a somewhat related / controversial opinions note: I really like McCartney II.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    I'm with you on this. The Beatles recorded some of my favorite songs and albums of all time, but I have a hard time getting into that one. It's just... bland.

On a somewhat related / controversial opinions note: I really like McCartney II.
    McCartney II is awesome. New Wave Paul.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Limpbizkit are criminally underrated. Gold Cobra was awesome.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrodoommonkey View Post
    Limpbizkit are criminally underrated. Gold Cobra was awesome.
    They are underappreciated. The rhythm section is top notch if you're able to get past Durst.

And I agree about Hey Jude. Or maybe its just played out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Musically, Bizkit is interesting and worth having in your ears. Vocally, Durst ruins the entire thing. If i could get an entire collection of Limp Bizkit instrumentals, i'd pay for that. I won't put money on any album with Durst, though.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Fred Durst is, arguably, the worst frontman in the history of rock/popular music.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Durst had a good scream and his singing voice wasn't awful. His lyrics kill a lot of their stuff though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Durst had a good scream and his singing voice wasn't awful. His lyrics kill a lot of their stuff though.
    ....and that explains why I like their covers more than their original songs...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Their cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" was excellent and really surprised me. Everything Durst does in Limp Bizkit is shrill and irritating to me though. Like, guy, if you have a decent voice, why are you wasting it sounding purposely like shit?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    His persona is the quality I find most repulsive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I’m convinced that everything Fred Durst does that makes people hate him is done entirely on purpose just to make people hate him. It’s all a Kaufmanesque act.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I think "hating" music in general is stupid. It's an emotion that should be dealt out sparingly and with justification. But they come close. Maybe I am too sensitive but the culture was heading towards this stupidity rooted in the rage of white kids in suburban America and of the 1% who think the famous refrain in Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name Of" has more to do with their parents than the real problems of the world. And somehow right in the middle of all that is this band whose name I feel too stupid to even type out.

That said, blaming their performance for all of Woodstock '99 is erroneous at best. Fred became the focal point because understandably to otherwise sum up everything that went wrong with that show would be difficult. Much easier for the media to blame a white performer who took almost his entire identity from black culture, than the black acts who played the show (though that would have even been more wrong of course, but I could imagine Fox News doing that if they were more of a TV presence in 99).

He (along with the Goo Goo Dolls, who should have known better) added new verses to "Wish You Were Here", which to me is unforgivable.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    i love everything i’ve heard from taylor swift’s new record.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i love everything i’ve heard from taylor swift’s new record.

Lovers reminds me of Mazzy Star.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not exactly sure if this is controversial enough to go here, but the lead singer of Charly Bliss has such an annoying voice