Page 136 of 191 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 5728

Thread: Controversial Music Opinions...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ugh, man, this just kills me with its awesomeness (admission: I grew up with Frank's music, my parents were huge fans), Frank's story is just awesome:

Oh Jesus Christ... I'm going to have to get drunk now.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    Oh Jesus Christ... I'm going to have to get drunk now.
    Man, if there is one album that somberly addresses aging, it's September of My Years:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get the hype about Greta Van Fleet. They're just another rock band.

I don't like any rap from the 90s through current. Including Tupac and Biggie.

Nirvana is overrated. Soundgarden was the best grunge band between the big four of grunge.

I think Taylor Swift makes good music.

Prince made better music than Michael Jackson. Purple Rain > Thriller

I enjoy Marilyn Manson's music from 2007 - current.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I don't get Brand New.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ton View Post
    I don't get Brand New.
    i don't like their early material (i don't connect with it emotionally at all and musically it's not that interesting), and i don't think that Science Fiction is as amazing as everyone says it is (wants it to be).

but "the devil & god are raging inside me" is a near-perfect album ("handcuffs" is a weak closer) that helped me through some of the worst depression i've ever suffered, and "daisy" is a perfect album that has an amazing balance of rage & sadness that i find incredibly comforting.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Ugh, man, this just kills me with its awesomeness (admission: I grew up with Frank's music, my parents were huge fans), Frank's story is just awesome:

this is my jam. i also love the suicide records.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't like their early material (i don't connect with it emotionally at all and musically it's not that interesting), and i don't think that Science Fiction is as amazing as everyone says it is (wants it to be).

but "the devil & god are raging inside me" is a near-perfect album ("handcuffs" is a weak closer) that helped me through some of the worst depression i've ever suffered, and "daisy" is a perfect album that has an amazing balance of rage & sadness that i find incredibly comforting.

I haven't listened to "The Devil & God" but I have listened to their newest one and some of the earlier singles. I am willing to give that album a chance though. I am always willing to give a band or artist another chance.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to "The Devil & God" but I have listened to their newest one and some of the earlier singles. I am willing to give that album a chance though. I am always willing to give a band or artist another chance.
    yeah, science fiction is definitely not a good entry point for this band at all. start with "the devil & god..." and see what you think. oh, and listen to it loud.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I didn't know where to post this but this 12 year old Alma Deutscher is fucking amazing and fucking scary all at the same time. Please watch the 13 minute video.

https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/alma-deutscher/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not really an opinion but there's no thread for random music thoughts. I will just say it's kind of frustrating that a couple of Prince albums aren't on streaming platforms due to label politics throughout the years.

yeah, science fiction is definitely not a good entry point for this band at all. start with "the devil & god..." and see what you think. oh, and listen to it loud.
    I listened to this album tonight and it's pretty fucking solid. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by ton; 11-05-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I listened to this album tonight and it's pretty fucking solid. I'm pleasantly surprised.
    This song perfectly marries the older "emo" Brand New sound with what they were about to fully unleash on Devil & God:

The best part of probably the best song they've ever wrote:

The best song on Devil & God THAT THEY NEVER PLAY LIVE ANYMORE:

How many different 90's bands are they referencing in this one...Weezer, The Eels, etc etc:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The show I caught last night had CKY as an opener and honestly I've always been a casual fan. I'd classify them as consistent in their output and actually one hell of a live show. Color me impressed.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    funny, it's the only album of theirs i like...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    funny, it's the only album of theirs i like...
    science fiction is the only one you like? that's interesting! it's definitely more easily palatable than the devil & god or daisy, while still being interesting and a bit experimental.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This is probably blasphemy and I do love Bruce Dickinson very dearly. Be that as it may, I think the original Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di'Anno was a better singer than Bruce. I love his energy and the punkish quality of Maiden's first 2 albums.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    This is probably blasphemy and I do love Bruce Dickinson very dearly. Be that as it may, I think the original Iron Maiden vocalist Paul Di'Anno was a better singer than Bruce. I love his energy and the punkish quality of Maiden's first 2 albums.
    I'm a Di'Anno fan, i love those first two Maiden albums (specially "Killers"...)

Dickinson is a better singer in a technical level; but i like Di'Anno's "punkish" voice and attitude better; don't get me wrong Maiden needed a guy like Dickinson to get to the next level and i love the hell out of him; but Di'Anno's work is very underrated....

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    While I think Bruce is a better fit for the band, those first two albums are great. You have a punk-rock singer fronting a heavy metal band. It's like he's the wrong singer, but it worked.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm a Di'Anno fan, i love those first two Maiden albums (specially "Killers"...)

Dickinson is a better singer in a technical level; but i like Di'Anno's "punkish" voice and attitude better; don't get me wrong Maiden needed a guy like Dickinson to get to the next level and i love the hell out of him; but Di'Anno's work is very underrated....
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    While I think Bruce is a better fit for the band, those first two albums are great. You have a punk-rock singer fronting a heavy metal band. It's like he's the wrong singer, but it worked.
    i prefer di'anno as a vocalist (and liked the more punk style) BUT he's a fucking piece of shit human being - http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/08...ter-homophobe/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    i prefer di'anno as a vocalist (and liked the more punk style) BUT he's a fucking piece of shit human being - http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/08...ter-homophobe/
    I heard about that and it doesn't surprise me...

Still, i don't mind; his body of work is one thing, his "issues" are other... if we start to see the flaws in all the artist we like we would be very disappointed, they are fallible persons.
    Even as talented as he was he couldn't put his demons behind and most of this is why he never returned to Maiden; i as a Maiden fan appreciate and love that era but i know that the band needed someone else to move on (both musically and professionally).

So yes, i'm sure he's a crap human being, but that doesn't take away his talent

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    In their heyday I’d take Alice In Chains over Nirvana. And for my money, Facelift, Dirt, and AIC were a better trio of albums than Bleach, Nevermind, and In Utero.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    2017 is the first year where I cannot pick out a new release that I've completely enjoyed. Ugh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Even with the all the controversies, Brand New's Science Fiction will be my album of the year.

I still think NIN's EPs were releases were best in the year tho

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Use Your Illusion>Appetite For Destruction.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Unless I'm overlooking something, I find Death Grips and Youth Code to be absolutely terrible.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Unless I'm overlooking something, I find Death Grips and Youth Code to be absolutely terrible.
    i don't love youth code, but i at least find them listenable and feel something when i listen to them.

death grips just do absolutely nothing for me, musically or emotionally, and their bullshit penchant for cancelling shows is just asinine.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Never understood the Death Grips. As bad as ICP.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    ^Woah, hey now, I'm no Death Grips fan, but let's be reasonable here.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    There’s a whole thread dedicated to how terrible Death Grips are. Never forget.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ht=Death+grips

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    There’s a whole thread dedicated to how terrible Death Grips are. Never forget.

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...ht=Death+grips
    lol this is amazing

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Seth MacFarlane is a legit musical talent: