Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Sober - However you got there, whatever keeps you here.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    10 months no alcohol, after 10+ years struggling with it. Did mushrooms about 2 weeks before I quit, otherwise can't explain it. No desire to start again. Life is so strange

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    10 months no alcohol, after 10+ years struggling with it. Did mushrooms about 2 weeks before I quit, otherwise can't explain it. No desire to start again. Life is so strange
    That's awesome! Sometimes the reality of what needs to be done hits in strange ways. I am so goddamn grateful I hit my proverbial rock bottom this year despite having had much more experience with drinking before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Life has been insane since the last time I logged onto here but for some reason it feels fitting to post in here considering...

Just had to have a second ultrasound of my liver/kidneys/gallbladder. Every time I have to speak with a DR regarding my liver disease I feel like the world's biggest idiot. I know I'm not but that doesn't change the feeling. Suddenly middle-aged and sick I feel foolish for not heeding the warnings and not maintaining sobriety consistently and for not fighting for it. The regret of choosing the other door and now being stuck with the consequences of my decisions is harsh. Especially as I look around and in vain try to justify my choices... The constant echoing of "Well, so-and so was way worse than I was and look at them - their liver isn't crapping out" and the comparisons as if they matter at all is lame. I've been working on trying to retrain my brain to stop using others and their experiences as comparison - no one is the same and none will have the same exact experiences... Similarities, yeah, but not identical...

Anyways, I just needed to let this out somewhere I felt was safe and NIN is safe so here I am.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiahbell View Post
    Life has been insane since the last time I logged onto here but for some reason it feels fitting to post in here considering...

Just had to have a second ultrasound of my liver/kidneys/gallbladder. Every time I have to speak with a DR regarding my liver disease I feel like the world's biggest idiot. I know I'm not but that doesn't change the feeling. Suddenly middle-aged and sick I feel foolish for not heeding the warnings and not maintaining sobriety consistently and for not fighting for it. The regret of choosing the other door and now being stuck with the consequences of my decisions is harsh. Especially as I look around and in vain try to justify my choices... The constant echoing of "Well, so-and so was way worse than I was and look at them - their liver isn't crapping out" and the comparisons as if they matter at all is lame. I've been working on trying to retrain my brain to stop using others and their experiences as comparison - no one is the same and none will have the same exact experiences... Similarities, yeah, but not identical...

Anyways, I just needed to let this out somewhere I felt was safe and NIN is safe so here I am.

I hope that, relatively speaking, you're doing ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I hope that, relatively speaking, you're doing ok
    Thanks for replying. You honestly have no idea how I just really needed someone to hear/read what I wrote. I’ve got kids and both my parents are elderly and just not mentally there enough to comprehend what’s going on with me health wise.... Somedays I just need to throw it out there and just know that someone has heard me. So yeah - thank you.

My home burnt down in a wildfire last year and despite that and my liver hating me a whole lot I’m surprisingly okay mostly and I think I’m doing okay overall!

How are you? How’s life wherever you are???

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiahbell View Post
    Thanks for replying. You honestly have no idea how I just really needed someone to hear/read what I wrote. I’ve got kids and both my parents are elderly and just not mentally there enough to comprehend what’s going on with me health wise.... Somedays I just need to throw it out there and just know that someone has heard me. So yeah - thank you.

My home burnt down in a wildfire last year and despite that and my liver hating me a whole lot I’m surprisingly okay mostly and I think I’m doing okay overall!

How are you? How’s life wherever you are???
    Oh wow! I'm glad to see that despite everything you're doing ok

I'm doing alright. I just get bored with lockdown but I can busy myself with movies and music

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post

I'm doing alright. I just get bored with lockdown but I can busy myself with movies and music
    Right?! I’ve been rediscovering my love for creating playlists. It’s almost like meditating sometimes LOL