Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Amnesia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amnesia

Have any of you played this game?

I don't even if I would call it a game. I would call it engaged survival horror. You can not play this game with out looking around every corner. Turning on the lights and taking your headphones off. A truly terrifying experience. There are no guns, or knives. Just sanity. I have been trying to finish this game for well over a year and finally got back into it once I heard about a parallel sequel in the works by the people of Dear Esther. With it's Resident Evil-esque puzzles and murky under belly of fear, this game is not about winning but experiencing and takes 'gaming' into an entirely different genre that I would contest parental audience that games are not just for mindless kids.

To put this game on your radars, get on Steam.

And the newly announced sequel Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I am dying to try this game. I've never had a pc good enough to play anything close to it sadly and right now all I have is a laptop. When I finally get a good gaming pc, I'm gonna get a brilliant pair of headphones and a couple hundred pairs of underwear. Games generally dont scare me but I watched a short gameplay clip of this and I can easily see it terrifying the literal shit out of me. Refuse to watch anything else of it and I already know a little bit more about it than I'd like. Saying that, the part I know, I think I'd need a bit of a heads up about it anyway if I'm ever to get past it. Someday soon...

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    If you have a decent laptop like I do, you could run this at Med/high settings.

Game is awesome. Still yet to beat it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well its my fiances laptop so I dont wanna mess it up with a load of games. Also, I'm hoping to get a really good pc so I can play it at the highest settings. It'll be a long time untill I can afford such a thing but I'm willing to wait the extra time to get the best specs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck this fucking fucking fuck

I'm turning on the lights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just beat the Dark Descent about 2 weeks ago. Probably one of the best and most memorable gaming experiences. Now onto some meat...