Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dead Space

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I finally played this and it was good! The Dead Space atmosphere survived in spite of some horrid dialogue. The mythology was better this time around though. But the rest of the stpry was like a parody of itself.

The graphics were pretty over the top... it was interesting to think theyll he outdated in a year. I didnt think Dead Space really had any roo. To grow visually, so i was surprised. Overall i think i might have liked it more than the second one.

Btw i actually bought this to play co op with my roomate, and found out that couch co op is not supported. ???????? Wtf fuck you EA
    Ellie shouldnt have left so early...
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-03-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finished the game's single player yesterday and unfortunately felt the game derailed heavily towards the last couple of missions. Other than that, this game is on par if not better than Dead Space 2. Weapon crafting was a lot of fun, one shot killed almost everything with my rocket launcher+safety guard. It's the contact beam alt fire of this game (they nerfed the alt fire this time around). The game sure isn't scary, but that's almost a good thing for me. I guess I scare easily

Now, about that ending. Spoiler: They definitely overdid those environments with those huge aliens everywhere, and the mission consisted of just running back and forth. But what bothered me more was the plot hole of how the machine still worked even though it had been torn to pieces by the moon. How the f did that happen? Also, running around on those floating pieces made this game feel like you were in some alternate dimension a la Devil May Cry. It unfortunately took me out of the game... It was just too unrealistic.

Either way, my favorite game in a while, and definitely worth your money. Just expect an action game!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rumors all over the net that due to DS3 being on par to only sell about 74% of DS2, combined with some layoffs...any further DS titles have officially been scrapped by EA. I've asked my friend that works there but he hasn't got back to me. Bummer.

Update: EA of course is vehemently denying it.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Rumors all over the net that due to DS3 being on par to only sell about 74% of DS2, combined with some layoffs...any further DS titles have officially been scrapped by EA. I've asked my friend that works there but he hasn't got back to me. Bummer.

Update: EA of course is vehemently denying it.
    Only in it for the money aren't they?

I don't deny it. This game didn't look or feel that it sold well. I love Dead Space but won't be upset if we don't get anymore. We got 3 games, an arcade game, a spin-off title and a massively deep universe out of it all.

I also can agree I liked this game slightly better than Dead Space 2...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got the DLC. They very obviously lopped off the last 2 hours of this game, it's proper ending, and sold it separately. Very shameless in that respect but overall a good experience.

All the creepy atmosphere and fucked up hallucinations and basically everything the last 2 games were missing are in here, and so in that respect it is a high point. It has a very, very difficult finale. Spoiler: they send and invincible, teleporting enemy after you in a confined space. the only way to take him out is to destroy markers, once they start glowing, and then aim at him during a brief window. The Markers take an entire clip to destroy, so part of this window is spent reloading, and as soon as the marker explode several of the games fastest and most durable enemies rush you. They provide extremely minimal healing support. I almost through the controller through my tv.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I got the DLC. They very obviously lopped off the last 2 hours of this game, it's proper ending, and sold it separately. Very shameless in that respect but overall a good experience.

All the creepy atmosphere and fucked up hallucinations and basically everything the last 2 games were missing are in here, and so in that respect it is a high point. It has a very, very difficult finale. Spoiler: they send and invincible, teleporting enemy after you in a confined space. the only way to take him out is to destroy markers, once they start glowing, and then aim at him during a brief window. The Markers take an entire clip to destroy, so part of this window is spent reloading, and as soon as the marker explode several of the games fastest and most durable enemies rush you. They provide extremely minimal healing support. I almost through the controller through my tv.
    I like challenging games, and I don't think that I'll have too much of an issue with this, but games that make me want to throw shit and get mad when playing aren't fun. Don't know why people do.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I’m a little late here but it’d be a shame if Dead Space never made it to the PS4/Xbox One. In my mind Dead Space, Demons Souls, and Uncharted were the three franchises that defined gaming on the last generation console(s). DS had a great campaign mode and it created an atmosphere that rivaled anything else out there. I think that DS lost steam on the fact that it didn’t translate all that well as an online multiplayer shooter in a gaming era essentially owned by online multiplayer shooters.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    I’m a little late here but it’d be a shame if Dead Space never made it to the PS4/Xbox One. In my mind Dead Space, Demons Souls, and Uncharted were the three franchises that defined gaming on the last generation console(s). DS had a great campaign mode and it created an atmosphere that rivaled anything else out there. I think that DS lost steam on the fact that it didn’t translate all that well as an online multiplayer shooter in a gaming era essentially owned by online multiplayer shooters.
    Minus the disastrously horrendous Dead Space 2 Necromorph vs Human/EarthGov multiplayer, the game did quite well with not needing it. The co-op in 3 was a blast.

Dead Space > Dead Space 3 > Dead Space 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dead Space 2 would be my favorite. It was Isaac's peak with having to deal with the Necromorphs and having Nicole there to torment him.

Step 4: Acceptance

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ........wat

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ yep.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    So, wait... that subtitle concerns me. Are they taking a first-person shooter in the survival horror genre and turning into a battle royale style of game like Call of Duty: Warzone and Fortnite? If that's the case, why would they do that? The whole point of the Dead Space games is to be all by yourself, scared shitless and walking through claustrophobic spaceship corridors and the building tension and creepiness factor of stumbling onto clues of something horrible that happened earlier. I hope they're not going to take a unique game that's known for something fairly specific and convert it into a cookie-cutter clone of games like Fortnite just because that's what's popular with teenyboppers these days. [/old-man-rant]

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's uhh.... that's pretty much what's happening yeah.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love Dead space but I ended up getting stuck on that asteroid mission and after a million goes couldn’t get any further. I will probably try again

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If the new game reboot is all multiplayer focused crap it'll be a hard pass for me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    If the new game reboot is all multiplayer focused crap it'll be a hard pass for me.
    It sounds like that's the case, unfortunately. And yeah, I agree that that's a pretty disappointing change that kind of kills my enthusiasm for it, but I'll wait and see if it looks like fun from the gameplay trailers. I have never played Fort Nite (and likely never will), but the Call of Duty battle royale games are kinda fun once in a while (I prefer deathmatch in CoD, though). The point still stands that this feels like a square peg being forced into a circular hole just because these types of games are popular right now.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    they already lost me with pt 3 to be honest, but this sounds dumb.... is this an EA property?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    If that's really the way this is going, that's the most disappointing game news i've ever heard. I love Dead Space, 2 is my favorite game of all time. Fortnite/PUBG is certainly not what i was hoping for in a Dead Space game.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Terrible news !

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well... Can we just get a new game?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dead Space remake from the ground up for next gen only officially announced. I wanted an entirely new story and characters... But I guess this is better than nothing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Dead Space remake from the ground up for next gen only officially announced. I wanted an entirely new story and characters... But I guess this is better than nothing.

Also worth a note: only single-player and no microtransactions. Made by the same studio from Star Wars: Squadrons.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Have a friend at EA who's working on this and told me about it a few days ago...says it's UNREAL how good it looks and sounds. Word at his office is that someone on the inside was the one that 'leaked' out the possible battle royale game mentioned a few weeks back, just to throw ppl off the scent.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Actually I'm very happy this is a remake. The original is essentially perfect. There's not really anything I need added to it and the sequels are all proof of that

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I’m beyond hyped for this game

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Okay, i feel a lot better about this game now. I'm psyched. Favorite game series of all time. Instant pre-order for me as soon as i see it come up in the Xbox store.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Have a friend at EA who's working on this and told me about it a few days ago...says it's UNREAL how good it looks and sounds. Word at his office is that someone on the inside was the one that 'leaked' out the possible battle royale game mentioned a few weeks back, just to throw ppl off the scent.
    Thanks for the Insider info lol... It just made no sense making a BR for Dead Space. Now, I wanna see what they implement into the remake like the RE2R was handled.

Quote Originally Posted by firewalker
    Also worth a note: only single-player and no microtransactions. Made by the same studio from Star Wars: Squadrons.
    Damn right! I forgot EA had the IP and was like "Oh, great..." cannot wait till' more details are released!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Finally. The PC port of this perfect game is still terrible, even down to the sound quality of the music and the mouse sensitivity bug (the latter of which can be fixed, but still...).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Thanks for the Insider info lol... It just made no sense making a BR for Dead Space. Now, I wanna see what they implement into the remake like the RE2R was handled.

Damn right! I forgot EA had the IP and was like "Oh, great..." cannot wait till' more details are released!

Haha no prob. My buddy does audio at EA Burnaby, he’s been there foreeeeever lol. As for other info, I’ll press him regularly as I do anytime I find out he’s working on a game but he usually says ‘sorry yo.’ lol. One unrelated tidbit is he’s also working on a new Star Wars game...annnd that’s all I can say lol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Haha no prob. My buddy does audio at EA Burnaby, he’s been there foreeeeever lol. As for other info, I’ll press him regularly as I do anytime I find out he’s working on a game but he usually says ‘sorry yo.’ lol. One unrelated tidbit is he’s also working on a new Star Wars game...annnd that’s all I can say lol.
    I really hope it's the sequel to Jedi: Fallen Order! That game was an absolute blast!