Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Space

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Dead Space

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm still convinced that the co-op won't ruin DS3 and this article makes the co-op sound, to me anyways, more than cool.

While playing co-op, each player will see and experience something different, even in the same room.

I'm certain that when my friend Jonny and me work our way through it, there'll be more than a few occasions of

'DUDE SHOOT IT.'

'SHOOT WHAT?!? WHAT THE FUCK.'
    Its optional. So I doubt it'll ruin the game. I'm still playing it solo though. I'm curious to see what extra parts of the story the co-op has, but not enough to jump right in on launch. Id rather play the real Dead Space first. With Issac, alone and deserted, fending off psychotic necromorphs, etc.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    • Get On My Level (10 points)
      Complete the game on any difficulty setting.
    • The Explorer (25 points)
      Complete all optional missions.
    • Aren’t You Thankful? (50 points)
      Complete the game on Hardcore Mode.
    • Epic Tier 4 Engineer (40 points)
      Complete the game in Classic Mode.
    • Survivalist (40 points)
      Complete the game in Pure Survival Mode.
    • Gun Collector (25 points)
      Collect all Weapon Parts.
    • The Professor (25 points)
      Collect all Artifacts.
    • The Librarian (25 points)
      Collect all Logs.
    • The Armorer (25 points)
      Collect all Circuits.
    • There’s Always Peng! (50 points)
      Find Peng.
    • My Buddy (10 points)
      Retrieve Resources from a Scavenger Bot at a Bench.
    • Metal Detector (30 points)
      Successfully deploy Scavenger Bots to 15 Resource Areas.
    • Strapped (10 points)
      Craft a Weapon.
    • Circuit’s Edge (10 points)
      Add a Circuit to a Weapon.
    • EMT (25 points)
      Craft a Large Med Pack.
    • Full House (25 points)
      Craft a Weapon with 2 Tools, Tips, and Attachments with all Circuit slots filled.
    • RIG Master (50 points)
      Fully upgrade your RIG.
    • Master Plan (25 points)
      Create a Blueprint that needs at least 2000 resources worth of parts and Circuits to build.
    • From the Jaws (10 points)
      Save your Co-Op partner from an execution by killing the attacker.
    • Share and Share Alike (10 points)
      Use the RIG to give an item to your Co-Op partner.
    • Medic! (10 points)
      Revive your Co-Op partner 10 times.
    • Ghosts of the Past (25 points)
      Face all of Carver’s demons by completing all Co-Op only optional missions.
    • Architect (10 points)
      Share a Blueprint with your Co-Op partner.
    • Axes High (20 points)
      Kill 30 enemies using Fodder axes.
    • Payback (15 points)
      Kill a Soldier by TK’ing a grenade or rocket back at them.
    • Go for the Limbs! (10 points)
      Dismember 500 limbs from living enemies.
    • And Then We Doubled It! (10 points)
      Dismember 1000 limbs from living enemies.
    • Slow Mo (10 points)
      Kill 50 enemies while they are in stasis.
    • Blast Corps (10 points)
      Kill 30 enemies with explosion damage.
    • Shootbang (10 points)
      Kill 30 Soldiers with head shots.
    • Empty Chamber (10 points)
      Kill 30 enemies using melee strikes or a melee Weapon Part.
    • Dropping Acid (10 points)
      Dissolve 50 enemies with acid.
    • Electric Lawnmower (10 points)
      Kill 30 enemies using an electrified Ripper blade.
    • Overpowered Healing (10 points)
      Use quick heal to heal yourself 20 times

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    http://www.deadspace.com/news/articl...-team-announce i just dropped 160 for this. tried to get the stuff on it's own but it's already sold out, so, i guess i'll trade out my pre-order copy after it gets here. the marker statue and the medpack water bottle sold me on it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Looks a hell of a lot cooler than that "life sized Plasma Cutter replica" that was with the DS2 CE.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Looks a hell of a lot cooler than that "life sized Plasma Cutter replica" that was with the DS2 CE.
    yeah, that thing was a joke. cheap plastic, an led light with a cheap battery, large enough for a 5 year old probably, but not much more life-sized than that. if the game hadn't been so good i'd have really been upset at having spent so much.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

And I haven't bought a special edition since that. I was kinda mad when I first heard about it. It's whatever though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Got my demo download code in my e-mail today!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    yeah, that thing was a joke. cheap plastic, an led light with a cheap battery, large enough for a 5 year old probably, but not much more life-sized than that. if the game hadn't been so good i'd have really been upset at having spent so much.
    I was pretty pissed when I got mine because mine didn't work. Right out of the box and it wouldn't work.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Played the demo and was seriously underwhelmed. It's steps downwards from the previous titles. It felt rather slow and the overall gameplay was kinda dull. Admitted it is only a demo but if it's any indication of the whole game then I hope this will be the last one they make.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I was pretty pissed when I got mine because mine didn't work. Right out of the box and it wouldn't work.
    Mine didn't work either. Toys in cereal boxes were more worth while than that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Played the demo and was seriously underwhelmed. It's steps downwards from the previous titles. It felt rather slow and the overall gameplay was kinda dull. Admitted it is only a demo but if it's any indication of the whole game then I hope this will be the last one they make.
    I'm pretty skeptical about this one. Seems like they're way more concered with co-op this time around than quality. The cussing was unnecessary in the videos i've seen. And apparently, it's rewarding to use profanity with the kinect. As much as it pains me to say it, I might wait until the game drops in price. So just by the target audience, alone, i'm a little put off by it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Mine didn't work either. Toys in cereal boxes were more worth while than that nonsense.
    That ain't no shit. That was the only reason I wanted the collectors edition too, I couldn't give a shit less about the OST or anything else it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I played the demo at a friends house and I'm gonna have to pass on DS3 until it drops to about $20 or so. It just doesn't catch my eye like the first two did and I'm also swamped with the JRPG's I've been playing, so I won't have any time for it and when I do, I'll probably just get Metal Gear Rising.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Seems like they're way more concered with co-op this time around than quality.
    Lame. I was really excited about the prospect of playing a good survival horror game with friends, but if they're changing the game to accommodate that, fuck it. Dead Space 1 nailed it. They really just need to polish that and expand, not go back to the drawing board.

While I'm here, Dead Space 2 made the horrible mistake of having the main character speak. Are they doing that again?

And yeah, I bought the CE of DS2, and I only did that because I mistakenly thought it was the only version that came with the Wii game packed in. The stupid toy gun was ridiculous.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-16-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree with them making Isaac speak in the 2nd, when I first started the game I was like, "wait he can talk?". Anyway I'm a huge fan of the first two and reading this thread is worrying me. I don't think co-op is necessary. Hoping this isn't a disappointment.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I don't mind Issac talking, much. I would've been fine with a silent character, but I don't think they ruined anything by adding some dialogue from him. I have a problem when they turn Issac into a walking cliche right out of Bulletstorm. They going for the younger audiences (with the profane, rewarding voice commands on kinect), which is a joke. If I wanted to play Gears of War, I'd play that. I want Dead Space, a survival horror game. Not another co-op shooter.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't mind Issac talking, much. I would've been fine with a silent character, but I don't think they ruined anything by adding some dialogue from him. I have a problem when they turn Issac into a walking cliche right out of Bulletstorm. They going for the younger audiences (with the profane, rewarding voice commands on kinect), which is a joke. If I wanted to play Gears of War, I'd play that. I want Dead Space, a survival horror game. Not another co-op shooter.
    I really, REALLY want to like this new game but after pausing to reflect after last night's playtime I have a feeling its going to be huge in scale and not much in substance. I didn't care for the weapon crafting and how they did away with the Power Nodes for one thing. I also didn't care for the human on human gun fights. Yeah, there's opportunity for a necromorph to take them out and reanimate their bodies but I still felt it as a bland shooter. Double tapping the sprint button now makes you tumble roll and pressing in on the left or right stick (don't remember) makes you crouch. It's to be able to take cover obviously. Decent controls but I've seen better.

I haven't played the co-op portion of the demo and I doubt I will, if at all.

Not a huge fan of the Kinect aspect of the game as it follows in line as a game that wants that option but doesn't even have a viable reason to have it.

I'll state it again: I'll enjoy this game and take it for what it is. I hope they cease production of Dead Space games after this one because this is a huge step in the wrong direction in so many aspects.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Yeah, the demo really managed to confirm all of my worst fears about this game. In fact, it absolutely expanded them. This is so much more in the wrong direction than I thought.

Dead Space is now a gears of war clone.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh, not what I wanted to hear from one of my favorite franchises. I do agree with letting Issac speak in DS2, it took away a lot of the erie/creepy atmosphere the game held, and made me feel like I wasn't really "that" alone. I'll wait to buy this until it goes used in gamestop for 40 bucks.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haven't even downloaded the demo, and doubt that I'll even have time...luckily it's an EA title and it's always good to have a buddy that works for EA lol. If only I had a connection at every dev, I'd never pay for a game! Imagine that...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sure i'll check out the demo at some point. I'm consider a replay of the first game though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Ugh, not what I wanted to hear from one of my favorite franchises. I do agree with letting Issac speak in DS2, it took away a lot of the erie/creepy atmosphere the game held, and made me feel like I wasn't really "that" alone. I'll wait to buy this until it goes used in gamestop for 40 bucks.
    Its strange that you mention that exact dynamic because, while i dont mind hin talki g, i do mind ditching the creepy vibe. The creepy vibe is almost everything here, and its entirely absent in 3 from what i can tell.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Its strange that you mention that exact dynamic because, while i dont mind hin talki g, i do mind ditching the creepy vibe. The creepy vibe is almost everything here, and its entirely absent in 3 from what i can tell.
    The first game did that so well with the vibe, and from when it started, to when the necro runs after you and tries to pry open the elevator door; it is so perfect as a scare factor. The second game still held that a little, but only up to a certain part in the game for me.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 01-21-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Maybe so, but I did have some fun with Is sac's armor in dragon age.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Only EA would do something like that...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    They always had DLC suits and weapons, nothing new.

Sucking us dry.

Dead Space 3 isn't going to be a good game.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-22-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I remember the dlc suits. Didn't know (maybe I forgot?) there were weapons as well. Never bothered. Plus, the pre orders usually got an extra suit anyway.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    it seems slightly different than dlc suits/weapon skins, it's more like a micro-transaction system like the ones in free to play games....

but yeah I've been officially talked out of this game, which is fine because I can't afford it...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Next weeeeeek. Gettin' pumped!