Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The Secret World (MMO)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Secret World (MMO)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_World Has anyone else heard of this? I was just invited to participate in the closed beta and wondered if other ETSers were involved? Looks like an interesting idea for an MMO but thus far, no MMO has really grabbed me. http://pc.ign.com/objects/905/905880.html

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Well, I only got seriously interested briefly due to the involvement of Ragnar Tornquist, who has been actively involved in The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, which are adventure games with a very engaging story. However, I'm not into MMOs, because I've neither the time nor the money to spend on such a game. But I'm very interested as to how this will develop, this Tronquist guy has something of the old school adventure game spirit in him that draws me in...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I have a few friends playing it, and they both say, while bug ridden, it's still good fun. My friend sent me a link to this article that goes a bit further in depth regarding the bugs. The premise is cool though. My friend says one of the coolest things about it is that it incorporates puzzle solving in to it (something I don't believe is around too much in MMO's), where you have to actually research things on Wikipedia, etc. etc. in order to solve. Pretty slick idea.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Playing it now. It absolutely rules so far, it's like Gaiman, Lynch and Lovecraft decided to get together and make an RPG. The Dan Brown slam in the opening quest as a Templar also raised a chuckle. Oh and the ARG style quests are excellent, particularly as the game's NPCs continually ask you to Google stuff or go on Youtube via the games built in web browser.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This game sounds cool...

I hear there are buddy keys that can be sent out. Could anyone - by chance - throw one my way? I'd like to try it out.