Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I never considered his growl a "cookie monster" impression. When he yells its the same tone. Back in the day though it sounded like it hurt him. I think he has way more control of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read that description back when the track "All Hope Is Gone" was released in promotion for the album. Listen to the first couple verses - it's scarily accurate. Now I can't listen to that song without laughing...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Here is the video for Gone Sovereign by the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Here is the video for Gone Sovereign by the way.

It is never too late to start wearing eyeliner huh.

On the subject: slipknow has always been a quilty pleasure for me after turning +18. And Stone Sour sure has some nice parts in their songs, but as a whole they feel so generic in some way. Oh well.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Taciturn is fucking fantastic. EPIC.

Favorites: Taciturn, Tired (is that a fucking orchestra??), Influence of a Drowsy God, Gone Sovereign

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    In case anyone's interested.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Slipknot

I don't give a shit what anyone says, that band is still bad ass. I cant wait to see them again and can't wait to here what the bring out next.

Hopefully better than all hope is gone though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    If it wasn't for Slipknot I don't think I'd ever have joined ETS, I was just starting to get into NIN when the old Pulse Of The Maggots forum was going down so I kind of migrated over here when it was gone and the Year Zero ARG started up because I had nothing else to do on the internet. Kept the same awful username and everything haha

I'm definitely glad they're staying around but haven't really been paying them much attention lately, are they getting a new bass player or are one of the other guys going to take it up?

I never considered his growl a "cookie monster" impression. When he yells its the same tone. Back in the day though it sounded like it hurt him. I think he has way more control of it.
    He actually did some damage to his throat screaming on the first 2 albums, IIRC before they recorded The Subliminal Verses he got a vocal coach to help him do it without hurting himself any more, which is the main reason for the huge change in his voice between then and Iowa.
    Last edited by ibanez33; 05-24-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Slipknot

And he hated those vocal takes on vol. 3.

On his book tour he said that there were bad ass vocal takes that were never used. Fuck you rick Rubin.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Looking back now, Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) has really grown a lot on me, even though Slipknot and Iowa are still my top two favorite albums by them. I'd also highly recommend checking out Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat., especially if you love the first two albums. I still have yet to give All Hope is Gone a proper listen again too. It's really been a while. 9.0: Live easily became a favorite live album for me. Oh yes, and I still have yet to check out Crowz.

And well, how was Antennas to Hell? I almost thought that it was a new album when I first saw the title last year. The track-listing looks very solid and suitable for new/potential Maggots. (Or Slipknot fans if you hate fan-base names. It's also very nice to see that they put all the music videos they made from Slipknot to All Hope is Gone on it.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-22-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Both 3 and all hope took a bit to grow on me but I really appreciate now what they did with those albums.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Www.slipknot1.com

Joey has just left the band.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow dang...I guess it was time, what with his other band and all...what are they called, Scar The Martyr or something? Oh well, with a band so fuckin' big it's only a matter of time until a few guys wanna dip.

edit: Also, the whole 'personal reasons' thing....something to do with Corey. I just know it.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-12-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nah I think he is just done with it. You could tell in his drumming and lack of energy onstage that he just seemed bored.

IMO, career suicide. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah it's been what, like 15 years? Not a big shock that some people just wanna move on...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One hand I'm shocked and the other hand like you guys say someone was going to go.

Come on Murderdolls reunion!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    corey is a obviously a bell end, paul is dead and let's face it joey must be a little bit bored by now. Not massively surprising but a shame, I would have liked to go and see them one last time (not interested now they're -2)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Joey was a huge asshole, and he was the most vocal about keeping the band going forward with or without corey.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    why was joey a huge asshole?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    why was joey a huge asshole?
    Every time I've met the man he was very short (lol) and rude. Not to mention his interviews and his general dimenor.

EDIT: I appologize to all users who may have been offended by my heightest comments.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 12-13-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well then. I don't see much of a future for Slipknot at this point.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Every time I've met the man he was very short (lol) and rude. Not to mention his interviews and his general dimenor.
    This goes back a loooong time, too. I hung out with him after their Ozzfest '99 date and later that fall opening for Coal Chamber. He was civil enough, but his head was pretty far up his ass.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Makes sense!

Place your bets then... I say portnoy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Man Joey gained a lot of weight!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Man Joey gained a lot of weight!

He's quickly becoming the Axel Rose of metal music.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think they should get a bad ass drummer. Someone from the death metal scene. This band needs crazy drumming and that is what has been missing since Iowa.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I think they should get a bad ass drummer. Someone from the death metal scene. This band needs crazy drumming and that is what has been missing since Iowa.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ughhh... Joey will be greatly missed They really need to find a pretty dam good drummer to fill his seat.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Unsurprisingly, it would appear he was booted out:

“To my fans, friends, and associates…
    I would like to start the New Year by addressing the recent rumors and speculation regarding my departure from Slipknot. I want to make it very clear that I DID NOT QUIT SLIPKNOT. This band has been my life for the last 18 years, and I would never abandon it, or my fans. This news has shocked and blindsided me as much as it has all of you. While there is much I would like to say, I must remain silent to further details at this time. I would like to thank you all for your unwavering love and support, and wish everyone a very happy and healthy New Year.
    -Joey