Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    This new album kicks ass.

My top 3 are Critical Darling, Nero Forte and Not Long for This World.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Who else is at the show right now? I know someone out there has to be...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    That was awesome! The pit ticket was well worth it as I was dead center on the rail, maybe 15 feet from the stage.

Oh and Coreys mask has now had the thickness of the cheeks cut out and there are black stitches there.

It might be a few days before I get my tape up. The crowd was pretty tame the first couple songs until they played Unsainted then I was fighting off people pretty much every song the rest of the show. I'm pretty confident my tape turned fucking killer.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    AHIG isn't great overall, but as I've said before it has Gemetria on it and that song is epic:

Here's Mick playing it through....bananas:

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Rippers:

Solway Firth
    Birth of the Cruel
    Nero Forte (those harmonies in the chorus don't belong in Slipknot imo, but this song still crushes...nice use of a flange effect at the end of the bridge too)
    Red Flag (love the atmospherics/DJ stuff going on here....and Weinberg destroys the kit)
    Orphan (Corey's going nuts on this)
    All Out Life (I'm including this b/c its apparently a bonus track & clearly recorded during/a part of this album cycle)

Good songs & segues:

Insert Coin (thought it was a cool intro that didn't make me automatically skip to the first actual song like alot of album intros do)
    Unsainted
    Critical Darling (those verses and the accompanying riff are vintage Slipknot)
    A Liar's Funeral (nice, slow dirge)
    What's Next
    Not Long For This World (epic, grand feel...Corey's clean singing is great here)

Meh to Trash:
    Death Because of Death (cool sounds surround the vocals and percussion...but those vocals & percussion are dumb to me)
    Spiders (imagine how mad you would be if they wasted a song in a setlist at your show by playing this live)
    My Pain (this goes on way too long. Cool sounds float in & out throughout, but the main crux is not good/annoying)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    AHIG isn't great overall, but as I've said before it has Gemetria on it and that song is epic:

Here's Mick playing it through....bananas:

Yup, this is the best song on the album.

My track list for that album on my digital service is

1. Intro( name escapes me at the moment)
    2 gemetria
    3. Sulfur
    4.psychosocial
    5.snuff
    6. All hope is gone

The album for me starts to fall apart after psychosocial

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I don't consider AHIG a bad record as it produced a couple of live-staples, but it's clearly a filler-record, though as some pointed out already, I enjoyed the tour and marketing material surrounding it.

Top tracks on WANYK for me: Solway Firth, Birth of the Cruel, Neo Forte, Unsainted and also All out of Life. Curious on what else they will introduce live over the next months as I guess they take it easy like the last album cycle to give more and more of the record into the set.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think this became my favorite Slipknot album. I can't seem to stop listening to it now. I love how experimental they got with it, and I don't think Corey's voice has sounded this good in years. Of course, his singing is always great, but he's doing growls and screams that are on par with Iowa on this. I don't think there are any songs I want to skip on this, either, and I did that a lot with the last album.

Update: A Liar's Funeral is currently my favorite song. Each time I've heard it, that first "LIAR" just gets me. There's so much emotion behind it.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-13-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Odd word substitution fixed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m right there too. This may be my favorite slipknot album. Obviously it’s early, but man I like every song (except My Pain).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Has anyone preordered it through the official website actually and got to buy tickets for the 2020 tour? I'm quite surprised that there's still no word on the venues yet... I really want to secure a ticket for this. Like, right now!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    (except My Pain).
    I think My Pain is pretty brilliant. It's got cheery sounding vocals from Corey, but the music sounds so eerie. I get horror movie vibes from it. That sort of happy sounding song that plays while something fucked up is happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I think My Pain is pretty brilliant. It's got cheery sounding vocals from Corey, but the music sounds so eerie. I get horror movie vibes from it. That sort of happy sounding song that plays while something fucked up is happening.

Yeah I get that too. I just don’t enjoy listening to it. I wish it was a 1/2 minute interlude not a 6 minute song.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post

2 gemetria
    3. Sulfur
    4.psychosocial
    5.snuff
    6. All hope is gone

.execute. is my favorite opener aside form Prelude 3.0. I’d include This Cold Black to this playlist in place of Psychosocial but otherwise agreed.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I think this became my favorite Slipknot album. I can't seem to stop listening to it now. I love how experimental they got with it, and I don't think Corey's voice has sounded this good in years. Of course, his singing is always great, but he's doing growls and screams that are on par with Iowa on this. I don't think there are any songs I want to skip on this, either, and I did that a lot with the last album.

Update: A Liar's Funeral is currently my favorite song. Each time I've heard it, that first "LIAR" just gets me. There's so much emotion behind it.
    Agree with every single word in this post. Also, I did not expect them to fuck with odd time signatures (one of my favorite "prog clichés"), especially in the same month as Tool's new album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

2 gemetria
    3. Sulfur
    4.psychosocial
    5.snuff
    6. All hope is gone

Am I the only one that loves Gehenna? That's my favorite off that album.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 08-14-2019 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Maybe, and thats ok. I just think the song is dull and the chorus is bad. Thats my beef with the album, is that alot of the songs are just kinda boring. And thats the result of of Joey making sure his drum tracks were untouched and the band had to write around that. It shows, they were not given the total freedom to really work with the music.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And thats the result of of Joey making sure his drum tracks were untouched and the band had to write around that. It shows, they were not given the total freedom to really work with the music.
    Explain more?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Explain more?

go to the 18 minute mark on them expressing their feelings on AHIG

Also, interveiws that Clown, Corey, and Jim saying that while they were off doing that little secret album, Joey would get pissed that they werent working on AHIG. Even Paul had more interest in doing that other album.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 08-14-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Explain more?
    https://www.loudersound.com/features...l-hope-is-gone

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    This is a good read. It really puts a lot of things about that album in perspective.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    See.. I really liked this track when the album came out, and after. But upon revisiting it, it really just hit me as sorely average this time around.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I feel that I've digested the new release enough to be able to rank all of the band's albums now:

Iowa
    We Are Not Your Kind
    Slipknot
    .5 The Grey Chapter
    Vol 3 The Subliminal Verses
    All Hope Is Gone

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    I feel that I've digested the new release enough to be able to rank all of the band's albums now:

Iowa
    We Are Not Your Kind
    Slipknot
    .5 The Grey Chapter
    Vol 3 The Subliminal Verses
    All Hope Is Gone
    Probably mine as well. Really digging the new album a lot. Not sure if anything will ever beat Iowa tbh.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Maybe, and thats ok. I just think the song is dull and the chorus is bad. Thats my beef with the album, is that alot of the songs are just kinda boring. And thats the result of of Joey making sure his drum tracks were untouched and the band had to write around that. It shows, they were not given the total freedom to really work with the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    See.. I really liked this track when the album came out, and after. But upon revisiting it, it really just hit me as sorely average this time around.
    Fair enough. I don't mind how simplistic/average it is. I probably like it for the same reason I gave for liking My Pain. It's just got this spooky vibe to me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    As much as I like heavy Slipknot, the more musical, melody driven songs have been my favorite from most albums. I really dig Spiders, Dead Memories, Danger - Keep away, Snuff, Gently, Circle... the weird side of Slipknot is the side i usually find the most interesting. I never really got into the Grey Chapter much but, I'm going to go back and give it another try and see if it jumps at me.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Has anyone tried Clown's Slipknot-themed whiskey? I ordered a bottle on a whim, i'm a big fan of new and exciting whiskies. https://www.slipknotwhiskey.com/

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Would love to, hope they bring some on tour next year.

Oh, they apparently released a clear vinyl edition today. Think I might grab that one as every other color variation didn't make me want to buy it immediately.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    62 year old Slipknot fan dies in pit

https://www.loudersound.com/news/fan...ow-in-illinois

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    As much as I like heavy Slipknot, the more musical, melody driven songs have been my favorite from most albums. I really dig Spiders, Dead Memories, Danger - Keep away, Snuff, Gently, Circle... the weird side of Slipknot is the side i usually find the most interesting. I never really got into the Grey Chapter much but, I'm going to go back and give it another try and see if it jumps at me.
    See, I loved the melodic side they showed first on Vol. 3, but after just recently revisiting the grey chapter, the melody just seems different and more towards that Stone Sour feel for me. I didn't get that vibe at all with Vol. 3 for some reason; I really cannot explain it.

As far as the grey chapter is concerned, I enjoyed this album significantly more than the first time around. The first three tracks are superb, with Skeptic being one of the most awful Slipknot tracks to ever be recorded. Be Prepared For Hell is creepy as hell, with The Negative One being one of my favorite Knot tracks. They really could have ended the album there, for I feel it is a bit of a chore to get through. I will say it really is a sleeper stepping stone for what we got with the new album. Corey's voice sounds pretty dam close the last two albums.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I've given the Grey Chapter a couple listens now and I just can't latch onto anything on it