Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Slipknot

Just read that they are going back in the studio to record a new album for a 2013 release. I haven't listened to them a whole lot since All Hope is Gone came out, but let's see how this goes.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/...ml?no_takeover

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I like their pop songs/singles (Wait and Bleed, Left Behind, Before I Forget etc), can't sit through their albums.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I like their pop songs/singles (Wait and Bleed, Left Behind, Before I Forget etc), can't sit through their albums.
    what? who are you? how...what?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    For quite a while, I was actually under the impression that you might've loved Slipknot and Iowa if you've enjoyed albums like Korn, Life Is Peachy, Three Dollar Bill, Yall$ and Significant Other, so that kind of left me a bit surprised. I thought you weren't really into Slipknot these days because of the way Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) and All Hope Is Gone sounded.

I understand if Slipknot in general aren't your cup of tea though. I would've responded two years ago, but I wasn't really following the Slipknot thread that much back then. Anyway, I've been on a Slipknot kick lately, and was just lurking around this thread.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-21-2014 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm surprised they're even still going. Corey Taylor's been acting like he's had one foot out the door for like two years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, and between all nine of them (now eight ) the process of making an album has always been such a struggle, if the press interviews are any indication. None of them ever seem to agree on anything, you'll constantly read opposing views from Joey and Corey from various media outlets.

But if this is true, then awesome!! I'm used to long waits with these guys, so I guess I can make it to 2013.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I really want another Vol.3 to be honest. Love that album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'll believe it when Corey Taylor says it's happening. Clown and Joey were saying all last year that Slipknot were going back into the studio, but Corey has always said he wasn't sure, and as far as I know, hasn't changed his tune. Between the death of Paul and him saying he wasn't as interested in that style of music anymore, until it comes from him, I won't believe anything.

I like Stone Sour quite a bit, so the delay is no skin off my ass, but I'd love another Slipknot album as well.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I love slipknot, not as hardcore as back when I was 17 in 99. But still love them.

Hopefully this next album will be a bit heavier.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    also, i think im the only person who really liked their last record. the first song especially, is plenty heavy, epic and dark.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    also, i think im the only person who really liked their last record. the first song especially, is plenty heavy, epic and dark.
    I'm more a fan of the less extreme music they've been putting out, so I liked All Hope is Gone too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I didn't really like it; not much of it stuck to the wall. I also heard they don't play much of it live. But I liked it ok. Gematria is sick* (IMO among their best and definitely on the level of the first two records), and a couple others like This Cold Black and Vendetta are sufficiently pummeling enough to conjure up some of the old Slipknot spirit. I even liked the ballads (which they caught a lot of flak for on Vol. 3) - Dead Memories and Snuff are great songs.

Okay, talking about it actually made me want to listen to it again... this usually never happens with All Hope Is Gone. Well done?

* or (sic), teehee (requisite "diehard maggot/total nerd" comment)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I liked all hope is gone. But pretty much after butchers hook I skip till the title track. Snuff is amazing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Gematria is an awesome track. I liked All Hope Is Gone alright. I dismissed Snuff for awhile until the video came out. Now it's one of my favorites.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 05-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    haha.

They def. didn't focus on it at all on tour. im not sure why...i guess they didnt like it very much either. i like almost every song. the softer stuff is really heartfelt and handled well. I dont need Slipknot to destroy my face on every song, although I love all that stuff too (Iowa is just so unrelenting).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Pictures from the show in Auburn WA (July 3 2012), part of the Mayhem Festival. In the set you'll also see photos of Motörhead and Slayer, from that same festival:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3844015...7630811737566/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Is Donnie Steele forced to play behind the curtain/out of view, or is it his choice?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Is Donnie Steele forced to play behind the curtain/out of view, or is it his choice?
    I think he was asked to play out of view. He does come out at the end, though, when the band waves goodbye.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Technically Donnie isn't a permanent member. These tours are celebrating Gray. They will get to it when the time comes according to Corey and clown.

I think Donnie should be the next bass player, keep it in the circle.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    There is no acceptable reason to have musicians play offstage, whatever "the clown" says. It's lame when Korn does it, and it's lame when Slipknot does it too.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I agree. I see why they are doing it, but it is kind of a big slap in the face and pretty degrading if he agrees with it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha whether its unfair on the musicians or not but most bands you see live have additional musicians offstage, its a regularly used trick to thicken out the sound whether it be keyboard players or an additional guitarist. Just the nature of the game at the top level! May not be the exact same situation but thought it was worth noting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I like that they're doing that in honor of Paul, because they were always big on all nine of them being a family. When you think about it, it must've been really hard to constantly be with eight other people - in a tour bus, backstage, in dressing rooms, hotels, going out to eat, etc. They must've had (and still probably have) a really close and unique bond with each other. So it makes sense that they don't want Donnie onstage. If he's cool with that, cool - if he's not, they could always get someone else who is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    NEW Stone Sour album is kick ass...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    It leaked? Or you just going off by previews?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    man, they're playing here on Dec 2th, but fucking Papa Roach is opening for them... and as I am not as sold on Stone Sour as I'd be on Slipknot I don't know if it's worth it. Gonna wait from some setlists to pop up and then I will decide. Some Corey Taylor to finish off this year would be damn great, but hmm...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So far I'm digging it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Downloading now. It would cool to hear some old Papa Roach just for nostalgia purposes, but their last 3 albums have been terrible.

Edit: Man the opening song is a nice surprise. Corey's voice is so dam good and it sounds great so far.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-18-2012 at 05:34 PM.