Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Cross posting from Dead Souls: Clown just posted on social media that his youngest daughter has passed on.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Damn. That really sucks.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I know it's just piling on at this point but Corey's mask is fucking awful. Has he changed his mask mid-cycle before? I know a couple of the other guys have but I don't think he has.
    I fully agree. It's terrible. Not sure what they were thinking.

Corey had his .5 mask modified early on while touring because it was preventing him from singing properly. As far as I know it was a small alteration that barely affected the aesthetics.

Even if Clown is a money-monger, losing a child is rough. My heart goes out to him and his family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Clown has had enough on his plate and this just adds onto it. I hope he and his family copes in a way where they can accept the situation at hand and move on.

Speaking of Corey's mask, I did hate it, but it looks like he'll do a lot of facepaint stuff. See-through for a reason. Right now, though, it looks like he paid to have saran wrap put around his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone on Reddit mashed up Unsainted with the chorus from that "best day of my life" song and I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard the similarity.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    corey's mask kind of looks like one version of the mask the guy from Ghost wears, no?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    corey's mask kind of looks like one version of the mask the guy from Ghost wears, no?
    Not really. More resemblance to the phantom of the Opera if anything. I've seen a lot of memes online comparing it to a rubber ninja turtle face from the 90s movies hahahaha.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Kerrang article.

Who's the new member? "It's nobody's fucking business." Uhhh k.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    They're really taking an aggressive stance with this new member business. You're one of the biggest rock/metal acts in the game, amigos. People are curious.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seriously, what harm would it do to just say 'it's so and so, thanks.' and move on. It'd be news for about half a day before nobody would give a shit anymore. This whole last bit of time with this band is sort of rubbing me the wrong way.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    They did this last time with Alessandro and Jay, too. It's just their attempt to remain edgy.

Is Clown going to say the new guy will also "never be in the band" if it's his own kid like people suspect, the way he did with them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    They always do this. It’s dumb. It’s a publicity stunt. Keep drama going about who is in the band...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I really did not like Unsainted at all when I first watched the video, then listening to the song a few times by itself it grew on me a bit. The video being a cringe fest of long almost glamour shot of their new masks really ruined it for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Well, the last time I saw the knot was April 22 2004, my 21st birthday. I basically lost interest after Vol 3, but I'm digging these new tracks and I have some friends out in Michigan, so it looks like I'm going to be going to the August 12th show. Pretty excited, I love outdoor shows and I would love to tape Slipknot at least once. I was obsessed with this band when I was in high school!!!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

New stage looks kinda cool, but something just sounds off with the band.

edit: I figured it out, they sound like a band that has lost 75% of their rhythm section...
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 06-07-2019 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let’s just say it for what it is though, Clown, his son or whoever it is, and even probably Craig...you could drop them and get 96% of the same show from the remaining six. I mean, I’m that video there, just watch Fehn’s replacement. He’s like a kid acting out being in Slipknot at home in front of a mirror. Contributing nothing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Watching live videos of Rockfest....yiiiiikes. Maybe it's just the sound of the venue, but. Yikes.

Also, lol.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Watching live videos of Rockfest....yiiiiikes. Maybe it's just the sound of the venue, but. Yikes.

Also, lol.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That looks straight up like a zombie Sam Kinison.

It also looks straight up terrible. Who agreed that was really a good idea? Yikes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I do like it but it's a little too fat in the cheeks though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The whole mask is just too round in the cheeks and chin. That, combined with the new outfit, just makes him look enormous.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah the new guy is Def too high up in the mix...

And I'm not trying to knock Jay, he is a great drummer, and on newer stuff like this, he works really well. But he just can't deliver the old tracks like Joey could.

Those fills and blast beats man.... I miss em

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    To be fair, Joey delivered the same fill over and over. Joey got pretty boring behind the kit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Live stream now

Corey looks less chunky in the cheeks, I think they did something to his mask.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Corey’s mask is so objectively terrible it actually takes away from the slipknot experience itself.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Lol.

Seriously that sounded alot better.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude whoever is actually under that new Chris mask, his stage presence is super annoying. I was only able to watch half of the stream today but dude seemed like he’s never hit a drum in his life. At one point pretty sure there was a shot of him skipping over a snare drum like a kid. I don’t know, man. Whoever previously said that they seem like a teenager pretending to be in Slipknot in his bedroom hit the nail on the head. Woof.

And yeah it it was hard to take Corey serious with that fucking mask and whatever that thick ass turtle neck is that he’s wearing that seems to limit the shit out of his movements.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm seeing them by the end of June, and since it's going to be my first Slipknot show, I'm still hoping they may play Wait and Bleed, though I'm happy for songs like Prosthetics or Vermilion.

The new guy is hilariously out place, but yeah, you could kick 3 or 4 of them out of the band and they would sound the same.

Corey's mask is baffling, because they were pretty creative at the beginning, but now we've arrived at this. Too bad they are just phoning it in for another cash-tour, otherwise he would have the balls to get a new mask. At least they seemed to osund okay in Rock am Ring. That Kimmel performance was beyond abyssmal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Slipknot store has a coupon code of ROCKAMRING15 for 15% off if anyone has been 'on the fence' for getting any of the WANYK bundles. Just doesn't apply to the one with the jump suit (I can sense the forum wide disappointment from here...). Made the 60 dollar record bundle 51, and then back up to 61 with shipping. Not great, but seeing how they are being bastards and not selling the blue vinyl by itself in the states, might be the only way to get it at a semi decent price (can ebay that shirt I don't want to make up for the cost a bit). I tried going to the Knot's UK store to order the stand alone blue vinyl but they 'don't ship to my country....' Again, bastards. But anyway...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Relistening to older albums made me realize how underrated this song really is.