Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1290

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    What were the prices like? Damn Ticketmaster won't show the prices until the onsale or presale starts.
    The cheapest tickets for the KC show START at 99 and just keep getting higher and higher.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Oh gosh, I wonder what the cost for NY will be then

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    The cheapest tickets for the KC show START at 99 and just keep getting higher and higher.
    I like them but that's a bit rich for my blood. Also, I'm pretty old & decrepit. That show will be a young man (or woman)'s game. I would happily pay that for NIN though. When Foo Fighters played here a few months ago their prices were similar to Slipknot it sounds like. Took a pass on that one, too. Thanks for responding

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i love slipknot, but is it just me or do they mange to play only the same tunes off their first three albums and the singles off their new ones (which are easily the worst). I love their new material, but they never play it aside from the rather weak singles. when i first heard unsainted i thought it was one of their worst songs in a decade - then the album blew me away. do they play it live - nope.

where's lech, nomadic, if rain is what you want, birth of the cruel (one of the best theyve ever written), not long for this world, solway firth??

their set is more stale than an also much talked about band i love, who it seems have finally picked up on the benefits of change.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    i love slipknot, but is it just me or do they mange to play only the same tunes off their first three albums and the singles off their new ones (which are easily the worst). I love their new material, but they never play it aside from the rather weak singles. when i first heard unsainted i thought it was one of their worst songs in a decade - then the album blew me away. do they play it live - nope.

where's lech, nomadic, if rain is what you want, birth of the cruel (one of the best theyve ever written), not long for this world, solway firth??

their set is more stale than an also much talked about band i love, who it seems have finally picked up on the benefits of change.
    As much as I love Slipknot, I do tend to agree with this. If I drop the money for this tour, it'll be to see Cypress with the added advantage of seeing Slipknot again. But I know that Setlist is gonna look the same as it has for the past 10 years give or take Chapeltown Rag and maybe another new one. Wish they were a bit more deep cut friendly, but I get it, those songs are probably beasts to play and they're all like 50 now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As much as I love Slipknot, I do tend to agree with this. If I drop the money for this tour, it'll be to see Cypress with the added advantage of seeing Slipknot again. But I know that Setlist is gonna look the same as it has for the past 10 years give or take Chapeltown Rag and maybe another new one. Wish they were a bit more deep cut friendly, but I get it, those songs are probably beasts to play and they're all like 50 now.
    its not like disasterpiece and people = shit are easy.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I really really want to go to the KC date (fucking CYPRESS!!!!!) but man 100 before service fees for pit is just something I cannot afford at the moment. Hoping it doesn't sell out right away.
    I met those guys at Smokin' Grooves '97 or '98, and got all their autographs- Cypress Hill, I mean.
    Their set was baddass, too. They launched ounces of weed into the crowd with a giant slingshot, and this was in the nineties, in Texas no less.
    It really shocked me that they weren't arrested.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I met those guys at Smokin' Grooves '97 or '98, and got all their autographs- Cypress Hill, I mean.
    Their set was baddass, too. They launched ounces of weed into the crowd with a giant slingshot, and this was in the nineties, in Texas no less.
    It really shocked me that they weren't arrested.
    My parents sat next to B-Real on a flight back from Mexico City back in 2008. They chatted with him the whole flight, and said he was really friendly. They had absolutely no idea who he was, and when I picked them up, they only remembered that he was in a group called "something Hill." When I said, "Cypress Hill?!" they were like, "Yeeeeeeeah... that sounds right." I showed them a picture of the group, and they were like "Yep. THAT guy."

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    My parents sat next to B-Real on a flight back from Mexico City back in 2008. They chatted with him the whole flight, and said he was really friendly. They had absolutely no idea who he was, and when I picked them up, they only remembered that he was in a group called "something Hill." When I said, "Cypress Hill?!" they were like, "Yeeeeeeeah... that sounds right." I showed them a picture of the group, and they were like "Yep. THAT guy."
    Yeah, that's WAY cooler than when I met them. Mine was more of a "howyadoin, love you guys, been wearing your t shirts since I was a kid, canihaveyerautograph" affair.

Edit: also, that's a long ass flight, isn't it?!
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-21-2022 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    What were the prices like? Damn Ticketmaster won't show the prices until the onsale or presale starts.
    paid like 260 for two tickets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Cheap seats in Minneapolis are $45 a ticket, and that's what I'll be doing. I've always wanted to see them live, but I'm not brave enough to stand in the GA pit.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Man I'd LOVE to see Slipknot.

I'm a super casual fan. I had a burned CD with the YOU CAN'T SEE CALIFORNIA. WITHOUT MARLONBRANDOSIZE!!!

That was a LONG fucking time ago, like 18 years?

Anyway, that one record is all I REALLY know about it,and it was badass.

JESUS I hate living in the sticks

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Just for the nosebleed seats, the tickets are at least $90 (not including all the fees and whatnot) for the NY show. holy shit man.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Live Nation really taking the last few years to refine their ability to fuck over fans in the worst way possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    lol I got an NFT of my ticket from Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll probably do VIP again like I did in October for the Greensboro date.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll probably do VIP again like I did in October for the Greensboro date.
    Mr. Moneybags-hausen over here!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mr. Moneybags-hausen over here!
    Just work bonuses and credit card usage is all.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Iowa is being repressed on vinyl finally. Amazon is sold out but other places such as Walmart still have preorders.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Kelly Osbourne & Sid Wilson expecting first child together.
    https://people.com/parents/kelly-osb...ng-first-baby/

I didn't know they were a couple, what the hell, lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Volume 3 is also being repressed on purple vinyl this summer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Euro tour starts on Wednesday and it seems we might be getting new music this week. Their social media’s have posted a clip of a music video from each album in order. They just posted a clip of the devil in I. There’s a Reddit post that idk if it’s legit, that implies we’re getting new music in the coming days too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    New single “Dying Song” out tomorrow. New record will be titled The End for Now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    new record will be titled the end for now.
    bro i just became a fan

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GastonKappa View Post
    bro i just became a fan
    I don’t think it’s gonna be their final album ever. Just the final record on their roadrunner record deal. Probably will be a little hiatus after this one.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    here we gooo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This fucks. Hard.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Sid’s new mask is insane and entirely impractical for live use but damn is it cool looking. Track is okay, not sold on it yet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I don’t think anyone can write hook as good as Corey in the metal genre