Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I love literally every single song. Definitely my favorite album of 2014 by far. Also, yes, the quality is complete shit right now for most of the songs. 128kbps for this current leak.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished my first listen. The leak I have is missing the 14th track for some reason. The bitrates are all over the place anyways. Will get another copy eventually.
    In the meantime, highlight for me was Nomadic. Skeptic stood out as well.
    Custer was interesting. Not sure about the chorus. Intro is insane though.
    Pretty solid album if you ask me. I like it a lot more than All Hope Is Gone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's a 192kbps version out there now. Here's hoping for a 320 in the next couple of days. Then I'll be happy until I can make my own ALAC rip.

Edit: Never mind, it's the same leak that's already out there. Scammers, man.
    Last edited by MrSlfDstruct; 10-07-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Anyone download the leak with the bonus tracks? I don't want to waste my time if it's also scattered quality. I would prefer my listening experience not be destroyed by some artifacts.

Edit: I'm downloading it now. I'll post again with my own update.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 10-07-2014 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Everything is good up until "If Rain is What You Want" which is replaced with a low bitrate version of "Psychosocial." The bonus tracks aren't there either... "Override" is a low bitrate song by some band I'm unfamiliar with, and "The Burden" is a low bitrate version of "AOV." Bummer.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 10-07-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm way out of the loop with this band, but why was Jordinson fired?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Hittin' the pipe.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nothing's been revealed yet, but drugs are widely speculated.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That and his lack of wanting to do anything but scar the martyr.

His drumming has become lazy and boring. I loved him for his crazyness and innovation behind the kit. Dude had skills.

Edit: on my second listen.

Welcome back slipknot
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 10-08-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There's a 320kbps copy available now, apparently. http://www.reddit.com/r/Slipknot/com...bps_available/

(I apologize in advance if that link is against the rules. I know we're not supposed to link directly to music downloads, but I figured this would be okay since it links to a post where someone else discusses it.)
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 10-08-2014 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Is it complete?

Edit: I found a complete copy on one of my trusty metal torrent site.

Gonna give it a third listen
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 10-08-2014 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Sweet jesus this album is good, real good.

Also if you look on the pirate bay there's a 340k bitrate version that has the complete standard edition album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is so great.
    Didn't really remember anything from Sarcastrophe and Lech, though.

The only thing I'm not enjoying are the solos - Slipknot, imo, have never been able to play anything above technical wankery when it comes to solos (Vermillion being an exception).
    Last edited by Kunstmord; 10-08-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunstmord View Post
    The only thing I'm not enjoying are the solos - Slipknot, imo, have never been able to play anything above technical wankery when it comes to solos (Vermillion being an exception).
    Yeah definitely agree with this. I wish they'd let Jim write all the solos instead of Mick. I've always hated that mentality that metal solos have to be fast and shreddy with no personality. Slow down and put some emotion into that shit.

So far this album is pretty damn good though, instantly better than All Hope Is Gone, and not nearly the laughably forced album that I anticipated this to be.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Is it complete?

Edit: I found a complete copy on one of my trusty metal torrent site.

Gonna give it a third listen
    I know you found your own copy, but for anyone else that was curious: yes, it's complete. Although, I imported the tracks into a playlist on Spotify, and had a few transition issues, but it was solid otherwise. For a lossy copy, I can't really complain. As for the album as a whole, some of the tracks didn't have the same appeal to me as the previous leaks, but it's definitely great for what it is. I still like how "raw" it feels.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah, Killpop is fucking AWESOME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to be honest, I was very skeptical of this album (no pun intended to the song Skeptic). Corey was right about this album being a mix between Iowa and Vol. 3. I personally think it's their best album. Every song holds up on it's own, everything about this album is just great. Definitely one of the best albums of the year.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    After the stone sour/slipknot mash up album AHIG was, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's definitely a contender for album of the year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Woah, Killpop is fucking AWESOME.
    YES.
    The Chorus reminds me of The Shape – those ethereal vocals kind of just floating above the guitars. I hope they'll do it live (BTW, I wonder if Chris and Shawn will be the ones doing the electronic drums on that track).

The Negative One sounds better on the album than by itself, fits into the overall mood very well.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Iowa and Vol 3, you say?! I'm going to have to give this a shot for sure, then!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah definitely agree with this. I wish they'd let Jim write all the solos instead of Mick. I've always hated that mentality that metal solos have to be fast and shreddy with no personality. Slow down and put some emotion into that shit.

So far this album is pretty damn good though, instantly better than All Hope Is Gone, and not nearly the laughably forced album that I anticipated this to be.
    As a long time listener of slipknot and studying both guitarists styles, I have to disagree. Jim is the writer of the solos. I could tell right off the bat. Mick is responsible for the vermilion solo.

Jim likes the fast techy style shit, while mick writes more along the similar slayer type solos.
    If you don't agree, then compare solos from ahig to the solos off anything stone sour post s/t album. The structures and key are there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Solo-wise, I'd say Mick did the solo is pulse of maggots. Definitely a few on the new album. Mick definitely goes apeshit while Jim is definitely more technical.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The one on Killpop is fine, fits well into the ending.
    Speaking of Killpop, after a few repeated listens, this might just be my favourite Slipknot song ever.

And the new drummer sure has some chops, as does the bass player. That breakdown on AOV is almost Isis-like.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ooh, this record is good. but goddamn i fucking hate the cover art.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Solo-wise, I'd say Mick did the solo is pulse of maggots. Definitely a few on the new album. Mick definitely goes apeshit while Jim is definitely more technical.
    Mick and Jim alternate on that one.

If it helps.

Jim(left) mick (right) - s/t, vol.3. Ahig, and possibly vol.5

Mick(left) Jim(right)- Iowa

Fun technical nerd shit: mick does a 6 string sweep his second go on the solo of pulse.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 10-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I've listened to the full album 4 times so far, with Killpop and Nomadic getting more individual play. Killpop is definitely my favorite of the album, and very likely in my top 3 all time list of Slipknot songs.

I wasn't too terribly impressed by The Negative One, and the drums on The Devil in I weren't doing anything for me, but listening to the album as a whole, I've got nothing but good things to say.

Very excited to see them when they come to Nashville next month!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Never been into Slipknot growing up really, even when they were all the rage while I was in junior high. I've heard a lot of their singles and some other album cuts, but I never went out of my way to give them the time of day. Everyone talking about the new album leaking got me interested to check this out, but I couldn't make it past 4 or 5 songs. It's just not for me. It's not that I would consider this "bad" music per se, it's just not my tastes. It does seem a little bit more polished and produced than what I remember the band sounding like.....but then again, this was like in 2001 or something.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After about a day of having it, all I can say is that this album is fantastic. It's everything I've hoped for and Paul would be proud. Nomadic, Goodbye, Lech, and The One That Kills the Least are my favorites. Can't wait for the bonus tracks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Jim on Donnie. For those who think that they didn't give him a chance.

“Donnie’s a great guy. We brought him in to help us out in the studio for a while. But it wasn’t really jivin’. He wanted to go home and get married and do all that stuff. It’s just better off for us to kinda move on from*Donnie.”

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Ok, I went to work shortly after my first listen earlier, and didn't have a chance to follow up with this but good god "Custer", tho.

The CUT CUT CUT ME UP FUCK FUCK FUCK ME UP shit, I'm going to have a blast losing my voice to that next month when they swing through here if they actually play it. Man what a banger. Yeah this album is pretty damn great. So much better than I remotely anticipated it being. Hopefully they actually play shit off of it live, unlike the All Hope Is Gone tour.

Bottom line, I REALLY like this album, which is weird because I haven't liked a Slipknot album in 10 years.