Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1303

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The beginning is literally (SIC) in my ears, just different. New album releases on my birthday!! So excited.

You can hear every single instrument, and I can remember when fans wanted more solos, got them on Vol. 3 and still bitched about it on the old forums. Damn this is good.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-19-2022 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    meh. Big meh. Not bad, just meh. Sounds like a Slipknot single.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Saw them yesterday at a festival in Bulgaria. Corey kept repeateing how they were looking forward to coming back since they had such an amazing time at the last concerts, how crazy the fans were last time etc. Only that this was their first time in Bulgaria

Anyway, had a great time, 18 songs in 1,5 hours, the time really flew by in a sec. The new song (Chapwtown rag) is really good live, didnt expect that as I didnt rate it at all when it came out. And yeah, Corey and the band are in top form, dont miss them if they are nearby.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    @decadent , you of course had to see them b/c it was their first time in your country. But for those of us in the US, we've been bombarded with live Slipknot ever since they started touring aggressively again in 2015, and basically haven't stopped other than 2020. And in that time, the setlists have barely changed. Couple that with terrible openers on thus falls US touring, and I know I myself will be skipping them at least. They gotta switch things up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just saw them live for the first time in Minneapolis a few months ago. The openers bored me, but I heard just about every song I hoped to hear, so I had a good time. I do wish Corey didn't yell MINNEAPOLIS!! so much. I hate when bands do that.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    @decadent , you of course had to see them b/c it was their first time in your country. But for those of us in the US, we've been bombarded with live Slipknot ever since they started touring aggressively again in 2015, and basically haven't stopped other than 2020. And in that time, the setlists have barely changed. Couple that with terrible openers on thus falls US touring, and I know I myself will be skipping them at least. They gotta switch things up.
    I have seen them 3-4 times before all over Europe, but last time was in 2015 or so. This and the fact that it is Bulgaria where they have never been and where fans use to be a little bit more enthusiastic because they dont get too many occasions to see big bands made me drive the 3 hours to check them out. And I wasnt disappointed.

I get your point though, their touring in the States has been massive in the past few years indeed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Wish they’d go back to rotating sets that they were doing in 2014. So glad I got to see Opium of the People live on that tour.

Yen is gonna be the next single with a rumored 8/5 release date

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I really enjoy this one. Corey is doing some interesting stuff with his voice on this one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The way he's singing at the beginning reminds of Peter Steele for some reason. I like this track a lot.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yen is the best of the 3 tracks released so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Me enjoying the Dying Song riffs knowing I won’t be able to play it ever

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I honestly hope we don’t get another single at this point. Three is enough with the record about six weeks away

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man Clown makes the dumbest fucking videos.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I still haven't seen California properly, as i lack Marlon Brando's eyes.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

bring this one back fellas.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Drip….drip……

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Adderall is a very interesting opening... Damn is it beautiful.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My link only gave me the first 11 tracks so I’m missing Finale -_-

Acidic is probably my favorite. Also a big fan of De Sade.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Listening to it at work on a shitty Amazon speaker until I can get home and put the headphones on, but so far it's that classic Slipknot shit where the first couple of singles are paint by numbers single tracks and the rest is Slipknot writing really fuckin good shit and expanding their pallet.

Adderall is straight up Vol. 3 Psych vibes and I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Some of my favorite cleans from Corey ever on this record.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Listening to it at work on a shitty Amazon speaker until I can get home and put the headphones on, but so far it's that classic Slipknot shit where the first couple of singles are paint by numbers single tracks and the rest is Slipknot writing really fuckin good shit and expanding their pallet.

Adderall is straight up Vol. 3 Psych vibes and I fucking love it.
    So many people I've played songs for like If Rain is What You Want, Virus of Life, or Not Long For this World (and those aren't even THAT out there) and their reaction is something like "This is SLIPKNOT?!?!?" and they finally understand why I still like them despite their mainstream impression.

There's nothing like that sick, nerve chilling, unsettling, sometimes even depraved or straight out of a horror movie vibe they achieve on one or two songs every album. If they just played in that area a little more..... It's actually kind of depressing, they could be truly one of the alltime greats if they just were even just a little less about formulaic singles and repetitive setlists and indulged their weird artistic sides more often - like the Pfaff toy piano solo sitting in the grass at the end of the Yen video - only real interesting part of that whole damn thing in my opinion.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Adderall, The Dying Song, Hivemind, Warranty, and Medicine for the Dead are my favorites here.

Album is well balanced, guitar work is great, and like the change of pace towards the end. Nice that the album starts and ends in a very beautiful tone. WANYK is the better album imo, but this is also very enjoyable for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone got a link plz?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Your soul can seek it out.

I was listening to All Out Life today randomly and man it hits so good. Can’t wait to see what’s up on this album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This album is fucking great. The first two singles are far and away the least interesting tracks on this album. This also has to be the most utilized Craig has been since maybe ever? Dude is ALL OVER this album. So many great riffs, sounds, and melodies on display here. Also lots of subtle musical callbacks to previous tracks as well.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I listened to it last night and I had to check online for lyrics because the opening song was…well, it wasn’t what I expected. That’s not even what I expect from Stone Sour though to be fair. A couple songs were instant hits for me but I need to listen to it more.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    First listen of the first track had me a bit worried, but the rest of the album was killer. Went back and listened to the whole thing again and I appreciated Adderall a bit more. I'm sure it will grow on me. Medicine for the Dead is my favorite so far, but the whole thing is great. I feel like I can hear the whole band a bit more consistently as opposed to some prior releases.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I listened to it last night and I had to check online for lyrics because the opening song was…well, it wasn’t what I expected. That’s not even what I expect from Stone Sour though to be fair. A couple songs were instant hits for me but I need to listen to it more.
    Is it called Adderall because it's a more focused, and in standard time, arrangement? As opposed to the usual more chaotic sound and arrangements of their songs?

I appreciate Adderall for giving me the same unexpected "whoa" reaction to the opening of a Slipknot album just like Prelude 3.0 did the first time i put Vol3 in my car CD player. Had to pull over to the side of the road after leaving Best Buy for that one how ever many years ago it was. Though not a huge fan of this album after one listen, but I'll give it more listens to see if it's just not clicking yet.
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 09-17-2022 at 06:43 PM.