Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Yeah this new one isn't anything special.
    Eh. I would have to disagree. This is arguably heavier than anything on the last two or three albums.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Eh. I would have to disagree. This is arguably heavier than anything on the last two or three albums.
    Well yeah, I agree with you there. It just didn't have anything that pulled me in right away.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Song is great. Real heavy for them, and incorporates their sampling and scratching a bit too, which alot of their heavier material after the first album doesn't always do well (or at all).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    killerrrrrrrrs

I mean, it's heavy and all that, but Slipknot just feels like Five Finger Death Punch at this point.
    No way man. 5FDP is just butt rock metal garbage. Corey straddles that butt-rock vocal line sometimes, and does so hear a tad, but no way does Slipknot sound like 5FDP. That band is literally just a Monster Energy can wearing a pair of Oakleys with a fucking rifle strapped around it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    No way man. 5FDP is just butt rock metal garbage. Corey straddles that butt-rock vocal line sometimes, and does so hear a tad, but no way does Slipknot sound like 5FDP. That band is literally just a Monster Energy can wearing a pair of Oakleys with a fucking rifle strapped around it.
    Stone Sour might. Slipknot, not so much. Sometimes maybe. Not much though.

New song seems alright. Heard a little bit. Mostly waiting for the full album.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quite excited for this one now. Unsainted wasn't that bad as people made it out to be and there's still plenty of room for some hard-hitting stuff like this one on the record. Curious which venues they will play around here. Last time was a little bit too big for my taste, but I plan on going either way.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Fuck... I think this song is really good. Not sure where the 5FDP comparison comes in, outside of them having a similar fan base.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    From not enjoying the last album much, this is a huge return to form for me. Sounds like a very polished and groovier Iowa, and the vocals? Fuckin' hell Corey.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, song is definitely good. Only thing that irks me a bit is (and I think someone above said 'whoa that chorus!') is.....there's a chorus? There's almost no song structure...it just goes for 5 min and then it's over.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The chorus is the part where he starts saying "I don’t need you to do it for me/I don’t need you to understand", that really metal sounding riff. Yea, its not their signature chorus, but think of Eeyore when it comes to that, the song just beats you down.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah I figured that was it...just didn't really pop like their choruses have tended to do in the past. That's what happens when a song just brickwalls for 5 min straight I guess, haha.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seems like a good song. The video really brought it down for me. It felt like an advert for Amazon Prime.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Well, that’s because it kind of is... (not sure if this was brought up previously? From Blabbermouth

the clip features exclusive footage from the new Amazon original "The Boys"(premiering July 26) alongside live performance footage from SLIPKNOT's recent headline festival run in Europe.

... doesn’t really bother me, personally, at this point. Is what it is and bands have differing ways of attempting to generate income now.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Seems like a good song. The video really brought it down for me. It felt like an advert for Amazon Prime.
    My Plague video was an advert for Resident Evil

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah I figured that was it...just didn't really pop like their choruses have tended to do in the past. That's what happens when a song just brickwalls for 5 min straight I guess, haha.
    Hah! This reminds me on Chevelle's album La Gargola. There are 2 songs on there I believe that don't have a chorus'; I kinda like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can’t stop listening to the new song. The quiet break towards the beginning is brilliant. Lulls you into thinking you’re getting another Devil In I type song, then never stops pummeling you the rest of the way. I love it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the chorus is the hardest thing they've done in a long time. They better start whipping this out live. Total ripper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like All Out Life is on the Japanese version as a bonus track.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So they released another song! Birth of the Cruel. Holy shit this is shaping up to be a damn good album.
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 08-05-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Holy crap birth of the cruel is easily the best music they've released since volume 3.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The two recent singles have bene really strong, I can't believe I am actually looking forward towarsd a new Slipknot album in 2019, go figure.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I don't really like this new single, but at least they definitely tried, and at least I will definitely remember this song (for better or worse), unlike half of their last two records.

The intro riff which keeps returning reminds me of an early 2000s nu metal band. It really has that nostalgic feeling, especially with that old-school "under water" effect on the vocals.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Love it! If the other songs can keep up with the two latest tracks then I'm totally up for the new record. Personall I loved the Grey Chapter so this is shaping up to continue the streak for me. Excited for the tour next year aswell!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I really like where this is going. Vol. 3 was my favourite Slipknot album and I've wanted a kind of return to that sort of mixture of styles ever since. They missed the mark with AHIG and I was neither here nor there on the last album, but I'm down with Birth Of The Cruel and Solway Firth.

Respect on them bringing the scratching back in the middle of this one.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love the scratching and I hope Corey raps on at least one track.

Can't hear the new song at work cuz Material Girl is blasting on the radio.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I’m not fond of the singing, reminds me of lthe weak songs that Korn puts out these days. maybe it will grow on me, and I can respect him doing something different. But the rest of the song is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This rules. I really hope they didn't peak at Solway Firth and we get the consistency of these songs released so far.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Fuck this song rips. Starting to legit get those vibes that this is going to be the best work since Vol 3.
    Also, it can't be said enough, Corey's voice right now is just... FUCK. It's SO good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    drip drip