Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1303

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They posted his departure, turned off comments, and then deleted it. Didn't they delete the Craig departure as well?

The statement for Jay sounds more like a firing lol. What a shame...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Clown's done a REALLY good job at turning that band into a full blown self-parody at this point.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Clown's done a REALLY good job at turning that band into a full blown self-parody at this point.
    Clown never liked Jay and V-Man to begin with. Around the release of .5: The Gray Chapter, he said, "Fuck those guys. They'll never be in the band, ever."

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is absolutely baffling. Jay seemed like he fit right in with the band, even with Clown's dumb statements about him and Venturella when they both came in. They always talked about Jay in particular like he was family, like he was basically the only choice to take Joey's spot, and now all of a sudden they're tossing him out? Ridiculous. Whoever they get isn't going to be nearly as good.

It's really cowardly to post the statement and then delete it, too, like what are you even doing? You know the fans will be livid, just take the heat, isn't this whole band's ethos that they don't care about criticism?

AND the way they shit on him by implying that they never thought he lived up to Joey in that post, sheesh.
    Last edited by gorast; 11-05-2023 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So done with Slipknot. Their last album SUCKS. The older they get, things aint going to get better. I can see why Corey's doing his own stuff now. They're becoming a parody of themselves very quickly.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Make an embarassingly bad album. Fire your best and most enthusiastic band member. Meanwhile Clown is miming for a decade that he's actually doing something musically...

And the way they are handling these "departures" are embarassing. This shit is supposed to happen during your early 20s when you'd been skyrocketed to fame at a really young age, so your ego and perception is still fucked up. These guys are 50.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    What’s sad is that in a few months they’ll have the internet clamoring over who the new drummer is, completely forgetting how Jay got fucked over in the first place. As everyone else is saying Jay was the only member who actually seemed like he enjoyed being in the band. It’s wildly stupid.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Not taking the band's side here, b/c we have mountains of evidence to point to what pricks they can be when there are issues surrounding band members. Particularly Clown, who has shown himself to be an undeserved egomaniac piece of shit many times. The way the last two guys got kicked out was pretty shady & made the band look bad too. All that being said, just remember than Jay might be a rough one to work with as well, despite how well he has looked to us from the outside looking in since he joined Slipknot. He was kicked out of both Madball & Against Me....and with Madball it was while in the middle of tour. So maybe he is more responsible for this than we realize. I really hope it didn't/doesn't boil down to them just not wanting to pay him/include him fairly in the band's $ a la Sergio & the Deftones. But that wouldn't shock anyone if that is the case.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Corey and Shawn's kids' band name isn't Sliptots?!? Fer shame...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    He was kicked out of both Madball & Against Me....and with Madball it was while in the middle of tour. So maybe he is more responsible for this than we realize.
    I am not, nor are my friends, Slipknot fans, but the above is the reason why we all got a hearty chuckle out of this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    He was kicked out of both Madball & Against Me....and with Madball it was while in the middle of tour.
    Damn I was unaware of this. What's the story on both ejections?

One thing I keep thinking of though is that he might have pissed Clown off by going and doing all those conventions lately and making side money off of the appearances, especially since he'd been showcasing his masks and shit.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Damn I was unaware of this. What's the story on both ejections?

https://loudwire.com/against-me-laur...rummer-rumors/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    And here is Jay's comment after the Madball...parting of ways: https://metalinjection.net/news/jay-...-madball-split

Part of me is willing to give Jay a pass on the Madball situation because those dudes are a little off if their COVID vax comments / actions are any indication.

The Against Me situation was a shame because musically he was a fantastic fit for the band at the time but looking back I can see how he got out over his skis when it came to stardom.
    Last edited by cdm; 11-07-2023 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think it's fair to note those instances, but both of them were also over a decade ago. I don't know that I could see the guys in Slipknot putting up with Jay being a diva about anything, especially if it was early on in his tenure - Clown would probably have just killed him or something, lol. Maybe as he got more established and started to feel like a more important part of the band, he got a big head about it, and that led to him being cut, but that's pure fanfic territory.

Setting aside the perception of how the band has been operating with these dismissals, it does feel like the most likely answer is something pay-related, whether it was a reasonable request on Jay's part or not. Either way, it's disappointing, because he's a great drummer and seemed like a perfect fit for them when it didn't seem likely they'd find one. Still think it was shitty to kick him on the way out with the Joey comparison.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    I think it's fair to note those instances, but both of them were also over a decade ago. I don't know that I could see the guys in Slipknot putting up with Jay being a diva about anything, especially if it was early on in his tenure - Clown would probably have just killed him or something, lol. Maybe as he got more established and started to feel like a more important part of the band, he got a big head about it, and that led to him being cut, but that's pure fanfic territory.

Setting aside the perception of how the band has been operating with these dismissals, it does feel like the most likely answer is something pay-related, whether it was a reasonable request on Jay's part or not. Either way, it's disappointing, because he's a great drummer and seemed like a perfect fit for them when it didn't seem likely they'd find one. Still think it was shitty to kick him on the way out with the Joey comparison.
    I will say, my reaction to the news wasn't necessarily because I think he deserved whatever it was that happened...more of a "oh boy here we go again." But the fact is he was in the band for almost ten years and several album cycles...that's a long time. He's so ridiculously talented, and was so from a young age, he'll find a new seat sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'd love to see him rekindle his Hesitation Wounds project with Jeremy from Touche Amore.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Tank's a pretty interesting guy when it comes to what he knows about music. Sadly this is a edit of a twitch stream so you'll get those dumb YT edits of natural pauses / gaps.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Here's Jay's post about it:

Really does sound like he was straight fired with no prior notice. That's rough.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It'd be funny if all ex members of Slipknot that were still alive came together and formed a new band. Call it Slip... NOT.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    It'd be funny if all ex members of Slipknot that were still alive came together and formed a new band. Call it Slip... NOT.
    Or two Slipknots, like what happened with Queensr˙che.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    "Slipkyes"

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Joey's estate is suing the band for misusing his image and items of his to make $ off of. Yes I know that is terrible English. This band/corporation just gets messier & messier. Clown's interviews don't do anyone any favors either. Guy is so far up his own ass & embarrasses the whole band every time.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    AKA we fired too many members of Slipknot and now we're backed into a corner trying to figure out how to make this Self Titled 20th Anniversary tour work.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It's probably not the best time to be rehashing Slipknot's early history given the band's optics and this weird, slow-developing feud with the ghost of Joey Jordison, but early history section of Slipknot's Wikipedia page - which primarily cites books written about the band in the very early 2000s, unwarped by the band's later mythmaking and weird flattening of who's "really in the band" or whatever the fuck - mostly corroborates what Clown said in that interview, basically. The band that turned into Slipknot started out as just Clown and Paul, included Colsefni and Donnie Steele, and then added Joey as the actual drummer while Clown moved over to other percussion. Since I haven't read the books being cited, I don't know how compressed that timeline is, if all of this happened within a couple weeks or if months passed between starting the band and adding Joey, but it is strictly accurate that he's not a founding member. Though, he does then say that it was only him and Paul that were "in the band" when they were signed (by Roadrunner, or the label that published the first demo?), which simply isn't true, since by 1996 they already had like seven guys dicking around in the band.

I don't want this to come off as white knighting for Clown or whatever - I just think it's interesting to compare what he's saying here to something we can point to as maybe a less biased source regarding all that pre-self-titled history. Clown certainly does seem pretty eager to consolidate responsibility (and, thus, credit) for Slipknot solely in his purview, especially now that Paul and Joey aren't around to chime in, which feels petty and like a completely unnecessary own-goal. I don't think Joey ever really talked about Slipknot after he clarified that he was ill at the time he got booted out, anyway. It makes me wonder what Mick, Sid, and Jim think of all this goofy posturing Clown does in the media basically constantly - Jim in particular wasn't even really there for self-titled, but he's one of the main composers for the band, so I imagine he probably feels like a pretty essential part of the band rather than just some random dude. If I were him I'd probably feel pretty irritated every time this guy does an interview where he basically says "never forget that Slipknot is just me and Paul and Paul's dead so that means it's just me. Don't forget it!!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Sepultura just announced that Eloy Casagrande left the band earlier this month right before the first rehearsal for their farewell tour (which starts in 3 days)...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by firewlker View Post
    Sepultura just announced that Eloy Casagrande left the band earlier this month right before the first rehearsal for their farewell tour (which starts in 3 days)...
    I find it interesting both him and Roy Mayorga of Stone Sour have both played with Sepultura.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I am so ready to see the self titled album live. Easily my favorite metal record of all time and my favorite record Corey has done with any of his projects