Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    http://negative.slipknot1.com/

Teasing for the new album has begun.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Gahhh, I want a single now! Really looking forward to this and what they will bring this time around. Kinda weird without Joey being in the lineup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Even though I'm sure they will, I keep wondering if maybe they'll ditch the masks this time around. With two of the original members gone, it'll be weird not to see Joey and Paul's style masks.

The teasers are definitely getting me excited. I'm back to checking Twitter like a crackhead again like I was after Hesitation Marks was announced.

On an aside, perhaps someone who is better at the internet can help me out in finding one of the clover star t shirts in an extra large? Their official site only has it in SML and I can't seem to find it anywhere else, aside from Ticketmaster and Live Nation, but they just link back to Bravado.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If they keep the masks, I wonder if the new drummer will get one too. Having Donnie Steele hiding off-stage was a decent sidestep, but there's no way they'll just keep the drummer hidden.

This feels like it's going to be a big turning point.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    http://www.wolverinekills.com/2014/0...bers-on-stage/

Nine members on stage, possible album will be out before knotfest.

Looking good. Hope it sounds good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, thank fuck. I get why they had Donnie off stage, but if they continued it into the new album cycle, it would go from being a good tribute to being an asshole move very fast. Now I just hope that the album is good seeing as it is without Joey and Paul, who were both the best songwriters in the group imo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Is Donnie still in the band? I thought his station was merely temporary.
    Last edited by nobies; 07-23-2014 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Third teaser was posted today at http://negative.slipknot1.com.

I don't know about everybody else, but it's certainly getting me excited. I can't wait for a single. My luck I'll be at work and they'll release it in the morning.

Going back to my previous assessment and ranking of the albums, I feel I was too harsh on Vol. 3. I gave it another go and ended up listening to it for four days straight. While I didn't care much for the vocals when I listened to it last, mixed in among the others, now I really appreciate that they took that record in a different direction from what they had done in the past. I can see how die-hard fans of Slipknot and Iowa would be a bit disappointed in it, as it's definitely a much gentler album, especially in comparison to Iowa, but I like the changing dynamics of it and the addition of a lot more melody. I was a little disappointed to see that Corey wishes he could go back and re-record it with his regular vocal style. To me that's what really makes it stand out.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm liking the teasers. I'm also glad they're going to be letting the new bassist and drummer integrate into the band.

Since everyone else is ranking on this thread:

1. Iowa
    2. Vol 3.
    3. Slipknot
    4. All Hope Is Gone
    5. Mate. Feed. Kill. Repeat.

Looking forward to hearing the new stuff.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Vol.3 was perfect for me, it was Slipknot branching out from what they had previously done, and it was done in the darkest, most experimental way possible: The Virus of Life, Circle and the full-length version of Danger Keep Away being huge examples. AHIG was a slight disappointment, the build up and teasing was genius but the album doesn't do much for me, as the majority of the Vol.3 style experimental music recorded for the album got voted off and canned, or so various interviews with the band hint at, Joey in particular was not fond of the more experimental material.

I think with the death of Paul, and the loss of Joey, the band have a lot to prove with this album, they have been put in a strange position. I heavily look forward to hearing the album just to see what they come up with in wake of all of what has happened. The teasers are pretty cool so far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Vol.3 will always be my favorite Knot album simply from the excited (Cannot wait to get home and buy) feeling I got from the anticipation of this album. It was the first time they stepped out of their comfort zone like Jord stated above. From start to finish it was a ride for me, and Danger - Keep Away is just... beautiful.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

So I'm assuming the names are maybe the tracklisting?...which gives us so far:

The Prescient
    The Nascent
    The Quotient
    The Cystic
    Symbolic
    Condition
    Egregious
    Replete With
    These Lesions

So I'm guessing maybe 1-2 more teaser vids tops before we get the album info. Maybe they'll pull a Radiohead (among others) and just go 'surprise!' and release the thing. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch nowadays.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So it looks like Friday we're going to hear something. Corey's latest Twitter post was "Heheh. Friday." Can't imagine what else it would be about.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Maybe they'll pull a Radiohead (among others) and just go 'surprise!' and release the thing. Wouldn't be too much of a stretch nowadays.

>implying Trent didn't do it better

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL not at all, just realized that like a thousand different artists have followed that model and too lazy to list them all haha...

Trent didn't do it better.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Those teasers are creepy as shit. Really got me excited for the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    For those who care New song here. "The Negative One"

http://www.slipknot1.com/
    Last edited by fortheloveofgod; 08-01-2014 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I mean, what can you say about it other than it sounds like Slipknot?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Pretty cool. Its already sounding better than all hope is gone. Sounds raw.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Not bad. Corey's screaming sounds a bit nasally to me now, though. That threw me off a bit, but I still liked the track.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Lovin it. Sounds very Iowa-ish.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Corey sounds dead fucked off, which is good.
    Riff is pretty boring though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    After having blueballs for today's announcement all week, I've found myself kinda underwhelmed by it.

The Iowa streak is in there, and I was thrown way off by the scratching which harkens back to the debut. I enjoy Corey's screaming, I've not heard him scream like that on a Knot album for a while.

I'm hoping they are following the Vol.3 Pattern, where they release a dud song early (Pulse of the Maggots was dropped a while before Duality came out), then release a single that's pretty awesome (Duality) before dropping the whole album, which rules.

AHIG wasn't far off, although i really enjoyed the title track that was dropped first, and Psychosocial was a hell of a lead off single. The album wasn't half bad. My judgement will be reserved until the whole album drops, and the next cycle unfolds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah pretty underwhelming, maybe I've just outgrown it? It's not bad...it' just meh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    First impressions of this new track are immensely positive. The first few seconds create a creepy atmosphere that reminded me of something off their self-titled debut. Then the guitar kicks in (not the strongest part of the track by any means, as some of you have already stated) and I found myself really getting into The Negative One as the drums and vocals and the rest of the band began playing. To me, I'm hearing a nice blend of the all out assault that was Iowa fused nicely with the eerie ghoulish racket and erratic scratching found on their first record. Corey's screaming is a welcome return to form. He doesn't sound exactly like he did circa 1999 but you can tell that was the direction he was aiming for.

It's a solid track. I'm looking forward to more future releases and more details regarding the new release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After a few listens I'm really liking The Negative One. While I was hoping for an album announcement, a new track is definitely nothing to scoff at.

As some of you stated, the guitar stuff isn't too intriguing, but I REALLY like the direction Corey took the vocals. A little bit of Volume 3 mixed with a little bit of Iowa is what I'm hearing.

To me the track sounds like a great blend of all the records that they've released to date, and I'm sure there's some interesting guitar work on other tracks. Excited to see the video next week and hopefully get an album release date.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Man, yeah, this sounds like it's straight from the IOWA days. I'm fuckin' into it. Cory sounds great. This is exciting my old Nu-Metal self very much.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Love the new song. This is what I've been waiting for six years to get. I loved the newest stone sour albums, but all they did was get me pumped for this. Corey's screams in Gravesend, Red City, and Sadist were just a glimpse of what this album will be. Can't fucking wait.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i don't love heavy. at all. i'm an aging new wave fan, but i fucking love 'vol. 3.' 'iowa' is good, too, but lacks melody (the original printing was outstanding aesthetically, though). i had to hear "psychosocial" every five minutes for two weeks when i was managing the twin falls hot topic, but 'all hope is gone' is a decent record.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Loving this new song. It is everything I have been wanting hear again for a while now. I would love to hear a mix of Iowa and Vol.3. The drums sound fantastic as well.