Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Full length documentary.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    This is brilliant! I just wish that Duality didn't sound so artifacty. There are some high quality instrumentals out there, and that person used a potato version.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

They were so on point here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post

They were so on point here.
    2008-2010 Slipknot is my favorite look and version of the band. A lot of the masks in that time frame were awesome too.

I listened to the self titled album today at work....man, I must say I'm not a big fan of it really. It hasn't aged well and wears a lot of the late 90's metal on its sleeve boldly. There's a few songs worthwhile but for the most part I'm glad this band evolved to what they are today. Maybe the nostalgia isn't there for me seeing as I've been a fan since 2005 with Vol. 3 being my first. Still love Iowa though. Never was super into the first album aside from Wait and Bleed and (sic).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    2008-2010 Slipknot is my favorite look and version of the band. A lot of the masks in that time frame were awesome too.

I listened to the self titled album today at work....man, I must say I'm not a big fan of it really. It hasn't aged well and wears a lot of the late 90's metal on its sleeve boldly. There's a few songs worthwhile but for the most part I'm glad this band evolved to what they are today. Maybe the nostalgia isn't there for me seeing as I've been a fan since 2005 with Vol. 3 being my first. Still love Iowa though. Never was super into the first album aside from Wait and Bleed and (sic).
    Agreed. The rapping sounds clunky there in a way it doesn't with other bands from that era. While I appreciate it for what it is, I usually can't listen to the whole thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Really? I find that I still enjoy their first album quite a lot. Elements of it haven't aged well, but as a whole I still like it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Yeah any Slipknot song with rapping has aged poorly, but if you were around for that era of Slipknot, the nostalgia alone will keep almost all of that material solid for you forever. The danger, intrigue & insane energy being put out by the guys back then was crazy high. Def. the most exciting thing going on in the mainstream rock/radio rock/hard rock/metal scene for a number of years. There's a reason Trent said he would never want to go on after them, and it all started with that first record & everything surrounding it.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 04-23-2020 at 03:15 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Yeah any Slipknot song with rapping has aged poorly, but if you were around for that era of Slipknot, the nostalgia alone will keep almost all of that material solid for you forever. The danger, intrigue & insane energy being put out by the guys back then was crazy high. Def. the most exciting thing going on in the mainstream rock/radio rock/hard rock/metal scene for a number of years. There's a reason Trent said he would never want to go on after them, and it all started with that first record & everything surrounding it.
    Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Machine Head, and Amen did a show here at the Madison Theater in 1999. I'm not sure if you've ever been to a theater show where they ejected 10's of people for jumping from the upper mezzanine to the lower GA area, but it was something else.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    No way, No Life still rips it.

Nero Forte is borderline rap imo and that song shreds.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I disagree about Nero Forte being rap. I agree that it shreds.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Machine Head, and Amen did a show here at the Madison Theater in 1999. I'm not sure if you've ever been to a theater show where they ejected 10's of people for jumping from the upper mezzanine to the lower GA area, but it was something else.
    Green Day at Nassau Coliseum in 1994 was close. Tons of people jumped the guardrails separating GA from the seats, and it was a great visual, but not as great as the height differential in the jumping you described haha.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    There are a lot of moments on the self titled record that to this day still sound like nothing else I've ever heard. I especially love Scissors.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Spit it Out and Eyeless still get me every time. There's still a lot I love about their first record.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No way, No Life still rips it.

Nero Forte is borderline rap imo and that song shreds.
    Are you referring to the "nobody does it better than the enemy/at the end of the day, that's what you do best" parts? I'd say that's just rhythmic screaming.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Are you referring to the "nobody does it better than the enemy/at the end of the day, that's what you do best" parts? I'd say that's just rhythmic screaming.
    Nah the overall vocal delivery. Maybe my definition of rap is that rhythmic screaming thing he used all over self titled and Nero forte imo harkens back to that.

Speaking of rhythmic screaming...
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-29-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    It took me a little while to get into Slipknot. At first listen, the first two albums didn't click with me. Disasterpieces was what made me a fan. However, I'm excited to say that the king has been dethroned.

This is, without a doubt, one of their best, if not THE best, pro-shot live videos. Not only is the band in top form (Corey's vocals are incredible, especially on Psychosocial), but the mix is insanely detailed. You can hear everyone and everything on stage, and some songs easily outmatch the CDs. Also, the setlist has a few surprises! I was disappointed by the mix of Day of the Gusano (and it was mixed in 5.1 )
    Last edited by wizfan; 05-07-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was reading Corey's page on Wikipedia and it mentions the Velvet Revolver songs they recorded. Now would be the best time to release things like that because there's no pressure to tour and it would be a great way to get money to people. I imagine at the same time it would be a bitch and the lawyers would have to talk and decide on percentages but the initial thought stands - this would be a great time to release these kind of recordings.

But then I just remembered the Universal fire and they probably don't exist anymore. ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I briefly knew a guy freshman year in college nicknamed Slipknot because he had a Slipknot shirt on the first time he hung out at our dorm. Anyway, one night the nickname quickly morphed from Slipknots to Slapknuts by the other guys in the dorm. Dude got real agitated & walked out. Never saw him around again. Not sure why I felt the need to share that.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graz View Post
    I briefly knew a guy freshman year in college nicknamed Slipknot because he had a Slipknot shirt on the first time he hung out at our dorm. Anyway, one night the nickname quickly morphed from Slipknots to Slapknuts by the other guys in the dorm. Dude got real agitated & walked out. Never saw him around again. Not sure why I felt the need to share that.
    whatever Slappknutzz.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not sure why I felt the need to share that.
    Because Jeff Jarrett was the man in 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because Jeff Jarrett was the man in 2000.
    Waiiiit a minute, I never mentioned this went down in 2000...which is precisely when it did! ARE YOU SLAPKNUTS???

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Waiiiit a minute, I never mentioned this went down in 2000...which is precisely when it did! ARE YOU SLAPKNUTS???
    No that’s when that stupid catchphrase name was popular. I only had 2000 or 2001 to take a stab with. I chose 2000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No that’s when that stupid catchphrase name was popular. I only had 2000 or 2001 to take a stab with. I chose 2000.
    I had no idea that was even a thing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I had no idea that was even a thing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Corey Taylor's new solo album CMFT drops October 2. Preorders, first video, and audio of second song all up.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    haha oh my god must be stopped is so fun

The video also features
    Marilyn Manson
    Barron Corbon
    Corey Graves
    2 random rappers
    Caleb Shomo
    Lars
    John 5
    Scott Ian
    Lizzy Hale
    Rob Halford
    Steel panther dudes
    Baby Metal
    Chris Jericho
    Randy Blythe
    and about 5 other people i didn't recognize off the bat
    Last edited by tony.parente; 07-29-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    ...was that Otep? And Nergal? Lol. That song is aggressively bad.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh my god, this song is giving me explosive diarrhea. When taking the piss becomes too literal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah... no, that'll be a nope from me.