Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Jim's probably just doing that thing where they deny who the new guy is for a little while until they give in and confirm it. I think they did that with Alessandro and Jay too, when their names were on that tour itinerary someone leaked.

I'm interested in hearing the AHIG outtake album, whenever that comes out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested in hearing a good band that joey is in, and doesnt sound boring behind the drumkit, check out Sinsaenum.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorast View Post
    Jim's probably just doing that thing where they deny who the new guy is for a little while until they give in and confirm it. I think they did that with Alessandro and Jay too, when their names were on that tour itinerary someone leaked.
    Has to be. Those videos of him are literally IDENTICAL to the dudes moves on stage. Same height, build, everything. Every single dot connects. They have to just be takin the piss with it now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So to follow up on my post.

That album they were recording during all hope is gone was being made is coming out

https://loudwire.com/slipknot-releas...ongs-outtakes/

I think it was spiders that came from those seasons.
    My Pain is the song from that “other” session. Regardless I’m excited to hear the rest of it

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    For a skilled musician and uber talented guy they are talking about he certainly moves like an idiot on stage. That whole Chris thing sticks out like a sore thumb for me despite Slipknot being their most enjoyable and entertaining incarnation in a long time right now.

I actually really like Spiders and My Pain but I can see why people would want them to be replaced by more fierce songs. I'd love two more bangers like "all out of life" and "solway firth" as well on this record, but the record really flows well the way it is right now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ohhhhh they're playing the O2 in Jan, pretty sure i can get a ticket for the company box (can't imagine many clients and directors will be going to that one lol)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    For a skilled musician and uber talented guy they are talking about he certainly moves like an idiot on stage. That whole Chris thing sticks out like a sore thumb for me despite Slipknot being their most enjoyable and entertaining incarnation in a long time right now.

I actually really like Spiders and My Pain but I can see why people would want them to be replaced by more fierce songs. I'd love two more bangers like "all out of life" and "solway firth" as well on this record, but the record really flows well the way it is right now.
    I want more songs like Spiders and My Pain. I could go 50/50 with the heavy shit and the weird stuff for the next album if it's the same quality as WANYK.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I want more songs like Spiders and My Pain. I could go 50/50 with the heavy shit and the weird stuff for the next album if it's the same quality as WANYK.
    I absolutely love the first section of Not Long for this World. With the drone and the subtle drums and Corey's vocals.

Then the end of the song is just so badass with the scratching.

Come to think of it, the scratching throughout is awesome

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not Long for This World is easily one of the best songs on the album. My Pain is the only song I don’t like. I do love Spiders though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just saw Slipknot perform in Burgettstown on Friday. It was one of the best shows I've ever witnessed, they were absolutely on point. I missed Behemoth and most of Gojira (who I really wanted to see too). WANYK is my #1 album of the year so far, Not Long From This World is the stand out track for me.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    For a band that has had most of their albums front loaded, the second half of this is just soooooooo good.

Orphan, Spiders, Red Flag and Not Long For This World are all killer, def in the bands top 25 tracks of all time.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Caught the Roadshow last night at PNC in NJ. Got a great hook up from a friend & sat dead center 10 rows back. Behemoth, Gojira & Slipknot all killed. Seeing Behemoth in broad daylight was funny as I figured it would be. They still brought it. Gojira was relentlessly crushing as always. And Slipknot...good lord. Just a savage show. Didn't let up too much. Their stage show just has so much to look at. So entertaining. My cousin lives in Holmdel and said she could hear the show from her new house haha. Place looked close to sold out. Crowd was going nuts for Slipknot the whole show. Jay Weinberg is an absolute monster on the kit.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Really mad here right now as it's been an utter clusterfuck to score tickets for this. I'm talking Rammstein-ish fuckups here. The pre-sale on Thursday was immediately down and no standing tickets available anymore. The official sale on Friday locked the same. Damn! And I'm really pissed that since their last time at the same venue, prices have gone up 20% and more.

I'm confident to get a good ticket closer to the date, but that really pissed me off. Guess it's not Slipknot's fault, but I just hate getting tickets for major shows these days. And I don't want to even think about all the people who could not make time to sit in front of their computers hitting F5 at 9/10am those two days...

On a lighther note: record still slays! Solway Firth has risen to become one of my all-time favorite Knot-tracks with "not long for this world" chasing up.

Update: holding a ticket for Stuttgart in my hands right now. Saturday fits me even better than Munich on Sunday and it's an arena ticket for the original price. All good! I still might try to get a ticket for Sunday as well if it's face value and standing.
    Last edited by dlb; 09-06-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Pretty quite on the Slipknot front, right now, I'm sure more us dates wont be announced till next year. 3 new songs this last tour were not enough!!

I still haven't been able to put down the new record, so damn good front to back. Absolutely love Birth of the Cruel, Nero Forte and I finally came around on Solway Firth, that track absolutely shreds! You guys were right! Lol

Anyways, here is Jay playing along with Birth of the Cruel at a clinic in Japan, if this doesn't get you hyped to hear this song live....

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Best new album of 2019. Dare I say it...better than Tool's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah it’s certainly my top. With Tool close behind. If not a 1A/1B situation.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Agreeded, as good as Fear Inoculum and Rammstein's untitled are, Slipknot pushes the barriers of their sound way further on their new one.

My other top new record this year has gotta be Tobacco and Aesop Rock's Malibu Ken. Talk about a killer debut! (that I somehow missed until a few months ago!!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Caught the Roadshow last night at PNC in NJ. Got a great hook up from a friend & sat dead center 10 rows back. Behemoth, Gojira & Slipknot all killed. Seeing Behemoth in broad daylight was funny as I figured it would be. They still brought it. Gojira was relentlessly crushing as always. And Slipknot...good lord. Just a savage show. Didn't let up too much. Their stage show just has so much to look at. So entertaining. My cousin lives in Holmdel and said she could hear the show from her new house haha. Place looked close to sold out. Crowd was going nuts for Slipknot the whole show. Jay Weinberg is an absolute monster on the kit.

Where you at bro?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    haha I had already left. I left as soon as Surfacing finished.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    After 20 years have come and gone for Slipknot, looking back I can definitely say that I regret not seeing this band when the original line-up was still there. This also reminds me yet again to appreciate bands while they're still around along with the original lineup. It's even more surprisingly because I've followed Slipknot since at least 2001 and even bought a Slipknot hoodie in 2002 and followed them consistently until All Hope Is Gone and was even lucky enough to have a friend give me 9.0: Live. I hope to see them live eventually. It's always been hard for me to explain this, but Slipknot's also one of those bands whose stories always fascinated me, especially with the way Corey Taylor puts things.

From what I'm aware, as of right now the largest divisions of the Slipknot fan-base seems to be either between Iowa and Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses) and another in between All Hope Is Gone and .5: The Gray Chapter.

Aside from that's, it's been a while and just thought of catching up on Slipknot.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-10-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    To this day, seeing them twice in 1999 is one of my most cherished musical memories.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    My friend's ex-bf broke his leg in the pit at Birch Hill in NJ at one of their 1999 shows. Place was in a total frenzy.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    My friend's ex-bf broke his leg in the pit at Birch Hill in NJ at one of their 1999 shows. Place was in a total frenzy.
    Can vouch lol. First time was the one and only Canadian Ozzfest stop here in Vancouver in July 1999 and I had remotely heard of them...and after seeing them, was blown away. Then about a week later heard they were actually touring Canada opening for Coal Chamber. So caught that show in November in Calgary in a pretty small venue (on the U of C campus, no less) and as soon as the stage intro music started, Joey and Sid both ran out and immediately jumped in to the crowd...

kicking one of my friends directly, and I mean directly in the face. I was about a foot away and saw my friend just get blasted and collapse.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I saw them for the first time back in 2004 at Mayhem Festival, and it was insane. Some of my friends had to leave the crowd because it was too intense with the crowd literally just being a moving wave of body weight almost the entire time. I got smacked in the head with an energy drink (Half full mind you) while my friend Matt that stayed with me got nailed with a demo disc in the back of the head... Being able to see the drool coming out of Corey's mouth was so cool to me at age 18. Also, Sid was in the wheelchair on this tour, so seeing his mechanical moving masks eyebrows go up and down made me laugh so much. Such good memories from these guys!

Edit: Being able to do the Spit It Out sit and jump was also amazing. Seeing the Disasterpieces DVD made me so jealous. Not to the level of magnitude with that crowd, but it was something to always remember for sure.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    First time I saw them was November of 99 opening for Coal Chamber, place was insane!

Also saw them July of 2000 at our Expo Hall at Fair Grounds here in town. Equally as crazy, I caught a foot to the back of the head from Sid in the pit.

After that was this show....

Next time I saw them was April 22 2004 in Saint Paul, my 21st birthday. Last time I moshed to a band, and also the one and only time I saw Fear Factory.

Finally, the most recent show was this August at the DTE in Michigan and with the "pit" ticket I had, I was like 10 feet from the stage, and aside from the occasional moshing, I was completely comfortable. Insane to be that close to this band and not get destroyed by the crowd!! It was awesome to be so close I could watch Corey emote as he was singing from behind his mask. Locked eyes with Clown a couple times and it felt like he was looking into my soul lol

edit: I wish my tape would have turned out better, but if you have ever been to the DTE, the pit is between the stacks. I'll probably release it once I have a better tape of the band to put out there too
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-11-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    First time I saw them was November of 99 opening for Coal Chamber
    My god ! can you you imagine playing after the Knot back in those days ,how did CC do ?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    My god ! can you you imagine playing after the Knot back in those days ,how did CC do ?
    I saw the same tour in October of that year, and I recall Coal Chamber retaining a lot of the crowd after Slipknot, but there were definitely quite a few that left after they played. But for the most part people stayed and lost their shit for Coal Chamber.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We drank with Slipknot at the U of C lounge while CC played lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nero Forte video incoming tomorrow!