Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Slipknot

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    He's actually known the band for a really long time, as his dad introduced him to them when Slipknot performed on Conan's show back in 2001.

I remember reading once that Jay loved metal when he was a teenager and Max would help book all of Jay's favorite metal bands on the show so that he could meet them all, which Ive always thought was really cool.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Told you all jay was the drummer.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Told you all jay was the drummer.
    You didn't tell us, all the music blogs did. You just repeated what they said lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like XIX. It's different. The lyrics are indeed very straightforward and obvious, but I think that's a lot of what I like about it. It seems very stream of consciousness, right from the heart.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's a good way to think about it!

Also: It's so weird to hear Corey's voice like that.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 10-01-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't see why people are complaining about the lyrics. Slipknot has never been known for deep complex lyrics. Especially coming from NIN fans. I'd say Slipknot lyrics are on the same level as NIN lyrics in terms of complexity. Not everything needs to be complex for it to be good anyway.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Slipknot will headline the 20-years-anniversary of Rock am Ring/im Park in Germany! Together with Foo Fighters, which makes it even sweeter

Edit: FUCK YEAH!
    Last edited by decadent; 10-02-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Another full new song just leaked. http://kingdomleaks.net/topic/12226-...v-single-2014/ This whole album needs to leak already!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The early reviews seem to be pretty positive. I really love XIX. I'm actually feeling like this may be up there with Vol. 3.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok if anyone is as hyped up over this as me, here's this reddit thread another full song leaked "Killpop" and it seems there's more to come. That thread is probably the best way to keep updated on all the shit's thats been going down. http://www.reddit.com/r/Slipknot/com...song/?sort=new

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    AOV is pretty good. Sarcastrophe is amazing. Killpop is my favorite so far though. Now I'm gonna wait for the whole album to leak.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So far I'm surprised and impressed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just listened to "XIX" for the first time in headphones, and holy shit did that song hit me. I've come to appreciate the straight forward lyrics, as the way Corey performs them just sounds so haunting. The layered vocals during "walk with me" merely add to that feeling. I listened to the other tracks this way, as well, and I really enjoy how raw these songs tend to be. I actually like that Corey's screaming isn't how it used to be as it helps convey, what I'd imagine to be, the emotions that he's trying to express on each track. I can also see why he said the album is a mix of "Iowa" and "Vol. 3." It definitely takes the moodiness of the former and blends it with the experimental qualities of the latter. I hope the remaining tracks are as strong as the rest of these.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    holy shit that is some fierce shit that they have come up with! I hope the whole album remains that kind of quality. I absolutely love Corey on these tracks. Only the gang vocals throw me off a bit and I'm worried that they might not be able to pull these songs off live that well. Either way, get me that record because I'm sold on this stuff so far!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Trying to hold off from listening to the leaks, since that will be, like, half of the album – I want to take it in all at once. Listened to XIX, hated it at first, but now it's grown on me.
    Meanwhile, I've been re-listening previous albums (except AHIG, because fuck that album), surprised at how good they all sound (considering I'm not an angry teen anymore). Not a huge fan of some stuff on S/T, a bit too punk-ish (as in overall vibe) for my taste, but it's got a great energy.
    Iowa is amazing, especially the second half. It's a shame they never played The Shape live, it's so awesome.
    Never noticed how weird The Virus of Life sounded, for some reason.

Also, I wonder when exactly they will reveal the new members' identities – or if they will do that at all.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    AOV is pretty good. Sarcastrophe is amazing. Killpop is my favorite so far though. Now I'm gonna wait for the whole album to leak.
    AOV > Killpop > Sarcastrophe > Devil In I > The Negative One

AOV may be the best song Slipknot has done.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just finished listening to the four new leaks. Sarcastrophe was the highlight for me. Great way to lead into the song with XIX.
    Both AOV and Killpop were good too.
    Looks like this will be a pretty solid effort. Can't wait for the whole thing to leak.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've only heard The Negative One and The Devil In I.

It's going to stay that way, the album is being released soon so I can wait.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-04-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, has anyone else thought XIX is meant to be 515 instead of 19?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As tempting as it is to listen to the leaks, I plan on waiting til I have the album in my hands to listen to it. Reading this thread is not helping....you guys have really raised my expectations.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    As tempting as it is to listen to the leaks, I plan on waiting til I have the album in my hands to listen to it. Reading this thread is not helping....you guys have really raised my expectations.
    Same here. I did cave and listen to XIX though. I'm going to hold off on the rest. At least until I can hear the full album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So I am listening to the first album on my studio monitor speakers and shit, still my favorite album of theirs.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So im not gonna track down the leaks which shouldn't be too hard as i don't have nets at home but if i did I'm sure i'd break at some point. I am pleased to hear that people are pleased at what they hear. This all makes me excite to see them in November.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Track by track review. It needs to be October 21st right now.

http://www.metalinjection.net/review...-impressions/2

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    So I am listening to the first album on my studio monitor speakers and shit, still my favorite album of theirs.
    Yeah but Iowa doe.

Seriously, I've never heard mental illness tracked so well in musical form like that before. Absolute perfection.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Yeah but Iowa doe.

Seriously, I've never heard mental illness tracked so well in musical form like that before. Absolute perfection.
    I can't really listen to Iowa anymore because I got used to listening to Disasterpieces over the years. Live > Studio. At least for me.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Track by track review of The Gray chapter

I like the description of "Custer" best:

"This is the song that will have every single person at every single concert screaming at the top of their lungs for the chants before beating the everliving shit out of each other for the remainder of the song."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, the record leaked. So far it's not disappointing . . .

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Some will probably want to hold out for a better quality version. For this non-audiophile, I'm enjoying it. Heavy, melodic, and really fucking out there.