Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
Results 721 to 743 of 743

Thread: Drugs! Thread!

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    676
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Holy shit that was one hell of a high!

    I've got a new friend, she's almost 65. I'd been delivering groceries for her for a while through Instacart, and we got chatting a bit. She's nice and easy to talk to. We've become friends, and she has been smoking weed her whole life. She gave me a couple cookies to bring home with me on Sunday, and I ate half of one when I got home Sunday night and I've not felt that stoned in my entire life.

    I've never been a heavy user or anything, in fact I think it's been about 2 years since I last smoked up at all, but shit, those were some strong cookies!

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    6,720
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    I just started on Suboxone.

    i've been having trouble with opiates for about seven years, steadily: abusing my prescription oxycodone and the like, taking other people's pills, etc.
    I guess i've sort of been in denial about the whole thing, since i DID break my back in five places, WAS in some awful wrecks, and WAS diagnosed with RA.

    But, i had a problem. I just couldn't admit it to myself.

    i was SO fucking scared to stop the oxy and fent, and start the suboxone, but i'm SO goddamn happy i did it.

    i'm looking forward to a better, healthier future.

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    1,501
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I just started on Suboxone.

    i've been having trouble with opiates for about seven years, steadily: abusing my prescription oxycodone and the like, taking other people's pills, etc.
    I guess i've sort of been in denial about the whole thing, since i DID break my back in five places, WAS in some awful wrecks, and WAS diagnosed with RA.

    But, i had a problem. I just couldn't admit it to myself.

    i was SO fucking scared to stop the oxy and fent, and start the suboxone, but i'm SO goddamn happy i did it.

    i'm looking forward to a better, healthier future.
    Holy shit dude, that's fucking awesome. Good for you. Keep us posted man.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy fuck, reading through this thread is hilarious. There's just these chunks of time where it seems like everyone's slipped into the aether.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    Got a few chocolates from a coworker the other day. Yesterday I gave one a go. At first I wasn't sure if maybe i shouldn't have eaten 1.5 of them like she suggested, that is until i found myself standing at the door trying to figure out if I was good. Then I went to the Chinese Buffet and found I had a hard time putting food on my plate. That edible/eating herb business is a strange animal indeed.
    it's a different experience, you have to get used to it. I need my THC/CBD edibles, and if you get the ratio right it doesn't really get you high, it more just eases my anxiety in a way nothing else seems to.

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm putting this here as a warning. I had a bunch of people recommend Kratom to me as a legal herbal equivalent of a muscle relaxant / anti-anxiety / pain killer. Most of the stuff I was reading online seemed to imply it was harmless, and if you pushed it too hard you could have some withdrawal but it was no big deal.

    No big deal my ass... Anyway, I never got the "high" off it that some people report. I found that I got the most "relaxing" feeling when I did the liquid extract shots... these usually sell for like 20 dollars each, but I got a huge discount on a large batch. I stopped paying attention to how much of this stuff I was doing, I just started taking it on a daily regimen. I started to notice I felt "off" if I didn't take it, and eventually I was taking these shots multiple times a day until they just ran out...

    And holy hell. Anxiety through the roof, hot/cold flash sweats, indigestion, puking, and a couple other TMI things I'd rather not go into. I was hoping it would be at most a day of this... I wondered if I had possibly contracted COVID because the symptoms are relatively similar, but I'm not coughing, there's no shortness of breath, and my sense of smell/taste are intact. That was before I looked it up and found that there's a lot of people, most who seem WAY worse off than me, trying to "kick Kratom" and struggling with it, despite the terrible side effects that grow increasingly worse.

    It's crazy this shit is just legal and there's no real warning on it, and there's no age restrictions on buying it. I had no idea what I was dabbling with. I didn't even get the "good feeling" trade off really. I feel like I'm gradually coming out of this (and from what I'm reading, the withdrawals aren't life-threatening or really dangerous, just awful, especially if you go cold turkey). If what I'm reading is right, I should hopefully start to feel clear of this in another couple days.

    So I'm just throwing out that warning I wish someone else had put up for me: If you're going to fuck around with Kratom, be careful. This may not be deadly, but it SUCKS. I also am starting to wonder if I should be attributing my spiked feelings of anxiety from the past month to it. I originally thought it was helping with anxiety that I attributed to the quarantine/pandemic/no-work thing, along with stuff in my personal life. Now, I don't know... I'm off it cold turkey, and I'm shocked.

    If you're going to get into this stuff, be careful, don't just increase your dosage if you stop feeling anything on lower doses, and STAY AWAY from those liquid extract shots. It is soooo easy to lose track of how much you're taking, and I didn't notice anything off until I stopped... I mean, I felt "maybe I could use a shot of Kratom" when I'd feel a little weird in the afternoon, but then I'd do a shot and it'd go away. In hindsight, I guess I'm kind of an idiot.

    Really, do some research (unlike my dumb ass) and read some testimonies from people trying to get off this stuff. It sounds like it gets so much more horrifying than what I'm going through, and I guess I'm glad I just ran out when I did.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-01-2020 at 12:00 PM.

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,007
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If you're ever in Washington state go to the pot store & get some Ray's Lemonade. "Highly" recommended! I got some of the lightweight version & it's lovely. Take a trip & never even leave the farm....

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,061
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Ok, I'm putting this here as a warning. I had a bunch of people recommend Kratom to me as a legal herbal equivalent of a muscle relaxant / anti-anxiety / pain killer. Most of the stuff I was reading online seemed to imply it was harmless, and if you pushed it too hard you could have some withdrawal but it was no big deal.

    No big deal my ass... Anyway, I never got the "high" off it that some people report. I found that I got the most "relaxing" feeling when I did the liquid extract shots... these usually sell for like 20 dollars each, but I got a huge discount on a large batch. I stopped paying attention to how much of this stuff I was doing, I just started taking it on a daily regimen. I started to notice I felt "off" if I didn't take it, and eventually I was taking these shots multiple times a day until they just ran out...

    And holy hell. Anxiety through the roof, hot/cold flash sweats, indigestion, puking, and a couple other TMI things I'd rather not go into. I was hoping it would be at most a day of this... I wondered if I had possibly contracted COVID because the symptoms are relatively similar, but I'm not coughing, there's no shortness of breath, and my sense of smell/taste are intact. That was before I looked it up and found that there's a lot of people, most who seem WAY worse off than me, trying to "kick Kratom" and struggling with it, despite the terrible side effects that grow increasingly worse.

    It's crazy this shit is just legal and there's no real warning on it, and there's no age restrictions on buying it. I had no idea what I was dabbling with. I didn't even get the "good feeling" trade off really. I feel like I'm gradually coming out of this (and from what I'm reading, the withdrawals aren't life-threatening or really dangerous, just awful, especially if you go cold turkey). If what I'm reading is right, I should hopefully start to feel clear of this in another couple days.

    So I'm just throwing out that warning I wish someone else had put up for me: If you're going to fuck around with Kratom, be careful. This may not be deadly, but it SUCKS. I also am starting to wonder if I should be attributing my spiked feelings of anxiety from the past month to it. I originally thought it was helping with anxiety that I attributed to the quarantine/pandemic/no-work thing, along with stuff in my personal life. Now, I don't know... I'm off it cold turkey, and I'm shocked.

    If you're going to get into this stuff, be careful, don't just increase your dosage if you stop feeling anything on lower doses, and STAY AWAY from those liquid extract shots. It is soooo easy to lose track of how much you're taking, and I didn't notice anything off until I stopped... I mean, I felt "maybe I could use a shot of Kratom" when I'd feel a little weird in the afternoon, but then I'd do a shot and it'd go away. In hindsight, I guess I'm kind of an idiot.

    Really, do some research (unlike my dumb ass) and read some testimonies from people trying to get off this stuff. It sounds like it gets so much more horrifying than what I'm going through, and I guess I'm glad I just ran out when I did.
    The withdrawals from high dosages of kratom are identical to and can be just as extreme as coming off of heroin; the drug works on the same opioid receptor. Anything like that should be tapered off of to help minimize the side effects of withdrawal.

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    If you're ever in Washington state go to the pot store & get some Ray's Lemonade. "Highly" recommended! I got some of the lightweight version & it's lovely. Take a trip & never even leave the farm....
    in CA we have Cannabis Quencher lemonade which is amazing, it just is always sold out now it seems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The withdrawals from high dosages of kratom are identical to and can be just as extreme as coming off of heroin; the drug works on the same opioid receptor. Anything like that should be tapered off of to help minimize the side effects of withdrawal.
    yeah, found out a little late and I have no access to taper from (unless I make a long drive). From what I read it “feels” similar to opioid / benzo withdrawal, just without the seizure risk... hopefully I guess. Can’t trust anything you read on the net
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-01-2020 at 02:38 PM.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,061
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    yeah, found out a little late and I have no access to taper from (unless I make a long drive). From what I read it “feels” similar to opiate / benzo withdrawal, just without the seizure risk... hopefully I guess. Can’t trust anything you read on the net
    For alcohol, the greatest risk for seizure is usually 3-5 days out from last drink. No clue if that translates to other drugs. Not trying to fearmonger, it's just I've personally seen people I thought were fine after a couple days turn a bad corner.

    You might feel cloudy/fuzzy for months. Kratom destroys the white matter in your brain which (of course) takes time to repair.

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    yeah, the good thing is, while I did dive deep into this (because that liquid extract is apparently super intense, per my belated research), I wasn't using it for really even that long, maybe a month steadily. Hopefully I'll swing back soon enough.

    I feel so cheated by this shit... if it's going to screw me up this bad, I wish I at least got some real enjoyment out of it at some point. Really, it was only the first shot of it that felt euphoric, and that was brief. I've gotten an equivalent body high from a good meal or a massage. It really is crazy that this is legal and so unregulated, and bolstered by so much misinformation claiming it to be completely harmless.

  12. #732
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,759
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    If you're ever in Washington state go to the pot store & get some Ray's Lemonade. "Highly" recommended! I got some of the lightweight version & it's lovely. Take a trip & never even leave the farm....
    as someone in Washington state, I'ma check this out. the lines have gone back to pre-covid-depression levels so it's easier to get in.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,019
    Mentioned
    826 Post(s)
    Yeah I want some lemonade too!

  14. #734
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,007
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    as someone in Washington state, I'ma check this out. the lines have gone back to pre-covid-depression levels so it's easier to get in.
    There are a few different versions. 25mg, 100mg & 1 with CDB. Various flavors too depending on your store. I've been doing the 25mg version. On the bottle it says 2.5 servings per bottle. Real life = 2 servings haha. It keeps in the refrigerator fine. Just about perfect. I'm on a lot of other meds so I'm a lightweight these days. Not really interested in getting my head ripped off. The dosage is pleasant & helps me get a bit more sleep. I wouldn't drive on it (I'm picky that way). & it doesn't taste like ass. Have fun! PS: cost = $12 a bottle, more for the higher doses.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    $12 a bottle, more for the higher doses.
    I need to move to Washington apparently... 100mg edibles and drinks seem standard 22 to 25 dollars

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,007
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I need to move to Washington apparently... 100mg edibles and drinks seem standard 22 to 25 dollars
    The 100mg was in that price range I think. Not sure what dose they recommend for the 100mg. I'm kind of unique in that I have to take a lot of pain meds daily, so it doesn't take much for me to feel impact. The pot is an attempt to function sort & slow down increasing the pills. Not a good way to go but I've been fighting RA for 10 years & the damage is extensive & permanent. I'm more interested in being straight these days than getting blotto. The main benefit of the edibles for me is a bit more sleep. I seldom get more than 2-3 hours in a row. The way edibles have progressed is good because the dosages have become more uniform. The lemonade is nice because it kicks in pretty fast instead of the time bomb effect.

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    It kicks in pretty fast instead of the time bomb effect.
    I found these gummies called Kanha Nano that kick in quick. They’re great. I don’t know about all the “nanotechnology” stuff on the packaging, but it works

    generally drinks are faster acting

  18. #738
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,019
    Mentioned
    826 Post(s)
    These black cherry chocolate 100 mg CBD/THC is $40 by me. How much candy is that and how much do you eat at one time? Jesus that’s an expensive candy bar.

    https://risecannabis.com/dispensary-...-use-rec-menu/
    Last edited by allegro; Today at 07:58 AM.

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    These black cherry chocolate 100 mg CBD/THC is $40 by me. How much candy is that and how much do you eat at one time? Jesus that’s an expensive candy bar.

    https://risecannabis.com/dispensary-menu/illinois/niles-adult-use-rec-menu/
    That's expensive. The most I've seen places charge for 100 mg edibles, at the priciest dispensary I've been to, was 30 bucks. For a while the place near me was carrying these drinks that were 100mg and if you bought one you got a second for a dollar. I loaded up on that deal.

    I'm still going through these Kratom withdrawals, but it's getting easier. I drank some wine last night to try to kick it away, and woke up this morning feeling like complete shit. I'm just getting hit on all sides. I cannot wait until the dispensary opens in a about an hour. At this point, weed seems like the only crutch that doesn't have some horrible consequences.

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,061
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    These black cherry chocolate 100 mg CBD/THC is $40 by me. How much candy is that and how much do you eat at one time? Jesus that’s an expensive candy bar.

    https://risecannabis.com/dispensary-menu/illinois/niles-adult-use-rec-menu/
    This site, iheartjane, let's you compare dispensaries in your area for a specific product. For those, it looks to be $30 medicinal and $34.50-$40 recreational:

    https://www.iheartjane.com/products/...-cbd-100mg-thc

    The candy bars should be pre-sectioned into 20mg chunks.

  21. #741
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12,019
    Mentioned
    826 Post(s)
    Thanks, guys. It looks like this might be more pricey because it’s “handcrafted chocolates.”

    Lots of places right by me still only do medical but not recreational. I’d have to drive at least 12 miles and I don’t know how many people they’re allowing inside. Gov. Pritzker did designate this as “essential.”
    Last edited by allegro; Today at 11:40 AM.

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,083
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Gov. Pritzker did designate this as “essential.”
    I know some people joke about it being essential, but it has kept me sane. Also, there's people with legitimate pain issues that really need this stuff.

    It's too bad the closest recreational spot is that far away from you. I'm sure that will change soon, as unhelpful as that is right now. There's dispensaries EVERYWHERE here now... which is good, because they have to compete with each other with loyalty programs and deals.

  23. #743
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Peoria, Illinois
    Posts
    2,061
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Gov. Pritzker did designate this as “essential.”


    Illinois collected $52M in marijuana tax revenue

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions