Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: Drugs! Thread!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Spoiler: Tramadol is evil

Do you take any other medicine? Serotonin sickness is a real thing.
    I don't. I already tossed the few I had left. Further I'll decline that stuff should it come up again down the road.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, speaking of serotonin sickness, I think that's what I have right now. I got this concoction off an internet ad for some drink called Kin. It bills itself as a "alcohol alternative" that helps you relax and relieve anxiety.

So I thought, sure, and just assumed this is probably some holistic herbal BS that isn't going to really do anything, but I'll give it a shot and so I took a couple swigs of it this morning. I have been throwing up all day, colors were looking strange and "faded" while I was overly sensitive to light for a bit. I took this stuff about maybe ten hours ago, and I'm still not completely done with the awfulness, but just wow... how is it legal to just sell this thing like this? It's full of drugs like 5HTP and rhodiola and who knows what else. I didn't get the anxiety-relief or the mood lift, maybe I got a strange tingling sensation on my skin for a bit, but while that wasn't really bad, it wasn't pleasant at all.

So I guess what I'm saying is don't just blindly take random crap that you've never heard of, because what I've been going through today has been pretty awful.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    As an update, I just woke up around 4:30am and still feel like shit, but WAY better. I’m going to try to stomach some food soon. This shit is NO joke. Do not screw around with this stuff. It wasn’t even helpful in any capacity for helping my anxiety or lift my mood, it just completely messed me up and scrambled my mind

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Yikes. Did you somehow double dose or something?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    They really don’t alert you to how much you should take as a dose. I just took a couple big swigs of it... later I looked more carefully at the bottle and it seems like I took five doses at once or something... so I definitely overdosed.

edit: Well, the company reached out to me and reimbursed me, so that is actually commendable. My head is still scrambled today. Serotonin syndrome is not a good time. If you take any stuff like this, start really slow. The worst thing about where I'm at now I guess is I just feel chemically depressed and moody now, which is a huge improvement from puking and feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack. I also just still feel "dumber" in the way you feel after you get hit in the head. I REALLY hope this is not something I'm going to have to deal with much longer (or forever)
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-08-2021 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I smoked Delta 8 the other day I guess it’s some vaguely legal extract from marijuana. It’s was kinda wild. Like I felt high but not? Basically had anyone else tried it, know anything about it. I should add I also haven’t smoked in over a year or so mostly because I’m taking a break from the weed.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm in Denver, looking for some of that legal-but-not-sold-in-stores psilocybin. Can anyone help a bruva out?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    As an update, I just woke up around 4:30am and still feel like shit, but WAY better. I’m going to try to stomach some food soon. This shit is NO joke. Do not screw around with this stuff. It wasn’t even helpful in any capacity for helping my anxiety or lift my mood, it just completely messed me up and scrambled my mind
    Go to doctor.
    Get Ben Zo Di Az A Pine.
    Preferably Librium, or ativan.

That's what you need.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Go to doctor.
    Get Ben Zo Di Az A Pine.
    Preferably Librium, or ativan.

That's what you need.

Haaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaa

Yeah good luck with that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    i'm in denver, looking for some of that legal-but-not-sold-in-stores psilocybin. Can anyone help a bruva out?
    Uh WHAT!?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    When I lived in the UK, the gp gave me diazepam for flight anxiety. It was a little sleeve of 6x 2mg pills. I was told to take 2 per flight. I took 4 of them and felt nothing. I remember vaguely remembering my tolerance in my 20s for various pills and substances might have had something to do with that as the turbulence kicked in. FML.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I want to go check out the Greenhouse store that’s a MILE away from me, but I’m totally intimidated. My best friend in Detroit is, like, GO GET SOME WEED.

I end up getting a bottle of really good Cabernet Sauvignon, instead.

@Jinsai - My docs have told me that Serotonin Syndrome is fairly rare, that you have to do a TON. My Mom is on a pretty big dose of Lexapro plus 100mg of Trazadone and I was worried about this. I was on Lexapro plus large doses of Sumatriptan. Are you sure that’s what you had? Dude, no offense, but how many times have you gotten sick from drugs you’ve ordered ONLINE? I can’t even fathom doing that shit. It’s all from China and it’s all total garbage shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-27-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    There are SO MANY storefront cannabis stores in Toronto. It's ridiculous. Art galleries, restaurants, theatres, music venues — all going out of business due to the pandemic, but you want a pack of edibles and a couple strains of flower? Three shops open in a five-block radius. No problem!

Not easy for someone who gave it up to be an attentive parent and wants to keep working. Because it's literally everywhere.
    Last edited by botley; 01-28-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

@Jinsai - My docs have told me that Serotonin Syndrome is fairly rare, that you have to do a TON. My Mom is on a pretty big dose of Lexapro plus 100mg of Trazadone and I was worried about this. I was on Lexapro plus large doses of Sumatriptan. Are you sure that’s what you had? Dude, no offense, but how many times have you gotten sick from drugs you’ve ordered ONLINE? I can’t even fathom doing that shit. It’s all from China and it’s all total garbage shit.
    This was literally the first time I have actually bought shit like this, and I definitely super overdosed on it. It was awful, and it went on for days.
    Then, the other day I went to a local place to grab some pick up curbside food, and they are actually selling this shit behind the counter. It's some soda version, so I guess maybe the dosage is regulated, but it's definitely the same company/logo.

If you're asking about the Kratom stuff that made me sick, that I bought in a store. Yes, it was a headshop, but still...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    This was literally the first time I have actually bought shit like this, and I definitely super overdosed on it. It was awful, and it went on for days.
    Then, the other day I went to a local place to grab some pick up curbside food, and they are actually selling this shit behind the counter. It's some soda version, so I guess maybe the dosage is regulated, but it's definitely the same company/logo.

If you're asking about the Kratom stuff that made me sick, that I bought in a store. Yes, it was a headshop, but still...
    I must be confusing you for someone else, sorry.

It looks like the main active ingredients of this stuff is 5-HTP, GABA and L-Theanine.

Which you can buy at a grocery or health food store.

https://www.kineuphorics.com/pages/faq

So, yeah, it does appear that you may have gotten too much.

But serotonin syndrome is pretty serious; maybe you’re just having anxiety over what happened?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354758
    Last edited by allegro; 01-28-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Not easy for someone who gave it up to be an attentive parent and wants to keep working. Because it's literally everywhere.
    It's certainly possible to combine the two! For me, becoming a parent prompted me to get on top of my habit. And - after making a few simple changes (different strains and delivery method) - it's become this really nice, positive thing in my life. The times that I spend with my kids when I'm a little high are always really fun and special - I connect with them in a different way; very loving and playful.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @allegro , they DO still give out ativan and librium for alcohol tapers. It's the safest way to do it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Uh WHAT!?
    i was in denver, where psilocybin is legal. i was looking for denver folk from ETS.

I ultimately wound up eating an obscene amount of it with a couple of my cousins who i've not seen since they were KIDS. Now, they're grown, and, have their own kids.

It was pretty fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegro , they DO still give out ativan and librium for alcohol tapers. It's the safest way to do it.
    Yeah but he wasn’t saying he was kicking alcohol, did he?
    Last edited by allegro; 01-31-2021 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Yeah but he wasn’t saying he was kicking alcohol, did he?
    OH. Fuck.
    I misunderstood what @Jinsai was saying. I was half assed speed reading, and saw the word "alcohol."
    And then, there's the part where I'VE been through so much alcohol detox bullshit, that I guess I tend to project sometimes.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm still contemplating my mushroom experience from the other night.

I hit a point where it felt like I was breathing, tasting, feeling and seeing the "spirit of the plant" or whatever. It was beautiful.

I took about four grams of Golden Teachers, and three grams of another strain.

It was SO gentle on my mind. I used to be a hardcore acid head. But, acid is more like a "chemical" feeling sort of thing. I had pseudo religious experiences on it when I was younger, but, it's just different.

These mushrooms: they feel more like you're SUPPOSED to eat them- like they're safe to eat. It was SO gentle. And it sort of made me reevaluate everything in my life.

Has anyone else eaten psilocybin lately?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I had the same experience with Mescaline. Organic, natural, not speedy, and it made me see the world totally differently and it stuck with me forever. And you don’t need to be a pig about it to get this experience, meaning more isn’t better.

BUT, let me add this: Once I did Mescaline a few times, I felt it adequately "taught" me how to "become" natural, myself, or be "one" with nature, or to at least really appreciate it, the value of it. And the beauty of so many other things.

After knowing that, being on the top of a mountain in the Sierra Nevadas in the snow, where the silence is so intense that it's really difficult to explain, and there's often nobody else around for 20-30 minutes at a time, and you're up at 10,000 feet, and sometimes it's snowing, and you're in the evergreens, and the air is crisp, and there's just NOTHING like that. It's just so profound.

Or even listening to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto ("Emperor").

You no longer NEED any drugs to achieve that level of "nirvana."

Maybe that's why that is called the "golden teacher."
    Last edited by allegro; 02-02-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    We would do shrooms and head to a hill in Calgary and just yap about life, and watch the stars and the planes fly in closer overhead.

Think Wayne's World, but way deeper in conversation... and no discussion about if we found Bugs Bunny attractive.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I'm not even sure where to get shrooms at this point, but I'm sure I could hunt some down if I tried. I used to be really into psilocybin. I've had enough experience with it to know that now is probably not a good idea for anything other than a micro-dose. You just don't want to take trips when you've got a cluttered head or stressed out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think that’s the case with ANY hallucinogen; you have to go into it with a totally relaxed headspace or the infamous “bad trip” ensues (typically coupled with way too much dose). I used to love microdot, but I’d do really small doses ... and STILL be tripping for eight hours; usually laughing so much my face hurt.

I’m a firm believer that there comes a time when you’re just way too old for that shit. I get high on nature, now. Our minds are capable of amazing things.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-02-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Shrooms + Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is quite the experience. Have that first cup of shroom tea, hit play, and sip another half cup the rest of the night.

I co-sign with you, allegro, I can literally just go out back of my building and just watch the sky at night. Getting out into the open is even better around here. Grab the Skyview app (there's a free and paid version), and you can find the planets, the constellations, the Hubble, ISS. I like to make it a little game to find the latter two each time.
    Last edited by poinoup; 02-02-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I miss shrooms. Would love to get my hands on them. Such a peaceful, blissful way to spend some time.

I remember my best time was when I learned not to fear death. That feeling stayed with me for a year, but it's been over a decade since that night.
    Maybe one day we'll be free to roam, and I can figure out how to get my hands on some again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean come to Oregon where they just legalized everything!*

Spoiler: *I totally know that's not what they did but it's not as funny.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I co-sign with you, allegro, I can literally just go out back of my building and just watch the sky at night. Getting out into the open is even better around here. Grab the Skyview app
    I have SkyGuide! It’s so fucking awesome! I LOVE it! I use it all the time.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/sky-guide/id576588894

I’m studying mindfulness like it’s my JOB.

Now I want a HOT TUB IN MY BACK YARD omg lol.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-02-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I mean come to Oregon where they just legalized everything!*

Spoiler: *I totally know that's not what they did but it's not as funny.
    Once it's relatively *safe* to travel again, I'll be open to all options for finding psilocybin. I would like a spiritual reset. The last decade of my life has been fatiguing.