Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Blonde Redhead

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Blonde Redhead

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but so far I can say I'm a big fan of 23.

Where do I go from here?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan but so far I can say I'm a big fan of 23.

Where do I go from here?
    forward.

after 23 came "penny sparkle" which continued the use of more electronic elements and lush soundscapes, rather than harsh guitars and dissonance.

i love everything this band has done, and i've always felt they belong on vinyl (not a snob, but they really do sound fantastic...and i've never bought one of their albums on CD). if you want to expand your palette, go backwards in order from 23: misery is a butterfly, melody of certain damaged lemons, in an expression of the inexpressible, fake can be just as good, la mia vita violenta, blonde redhead (s/t). that way you'll ease into the louder/crazier stuff.

also, if you get a chance to see them live, do it. i've seen them four times and they've been incredible each time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm still so angry that I missed Blonde Redhead on their Penny Sparkle tour - stupid school! Need to see them live one day. I became a fan through "23" (thank you, ETS), then latched on to "Misery is a Butterfly" and got very excited when I heard that Van Rivers & the Subliminal Kid (of Fever Ray fame) were producing what would become "Penny Sparkle." I adore that album (glad I'm not the only fan) - it was my favorite LP of 2010, which I consider a great year in music.

I remember Kazu hinted at the idea of releasing the demos for that album at one point since they're so different from the final versions, but realistically, I don't know if that'll ever happen. I would die of happiness if it did though.

Some of my favorite songs from the band are "Publisher", "Spain" and "Elephant Woman."