Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    They really do put a lot of effort into resting on their laurels, don't they?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    They really do put a lot of effort into resting on their laurels, don't they?
    They take their best 5 songs and recreate them over and over and over again, lol.
    It's almost like they've made a career out of remix albums.

Least this way, when Sascha passes away, the KMFDM legacy can really be taken on by anyone else. His daughter can take their legacy and go strong for another 40 years at this rate just re-working the old material lol.
    Headline in 40 years: "KMFDM is on their 80th birthday! Re-releases classic songs remade from 50 years ago in a new take!"

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    A Dub Against War,” “SupaDub,” “Hau Dub,” and “Dub Ass In Kontrol

Such classic hits the band is known for and we all love, clearly

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This just in: Bill Rieflin has passed away.

Just reading up on him, and his partner he was married to was painter Francesca Sundsten passed away last summer and she was the one who painted KMFDM's cover art for NIHIL. Huh. Never new that.
    That sucks for both of them to have passed away so close together. RIP to the both of them.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 03-24-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This just in: Bill Rieflin has passed away.

Just reading up on him, and his partner he was married to was painter Francesca Sundsten passed away last summer and she was the one who painted KMFDM's cover art for NIHIL. Huh. Never new that.
    That sucks for both of them to have passed away so close together. RIP to the both of them.
    Damn, that fucking sucks. Seemed like the nicest guy. Contributed to a ton of great iconic album. Even played with King Crimson.

Guessing he had some health issues? I know he stopped touring a while back.

Off to listen to Largo (with Chris Connelly). Fits the mood of the news, I think.

Huge loss to music.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Anyone know if there's any reason none of the early KMFDM albums have been reissued on vinyl? As far as I can tell, Angst is the earliest album to receive a recent reissue. Would love to get my hands on any of their first 4-5 albums on wax.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I wouldn't mind getting Naive on vinyl.