Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I don't blame you, but given how long it took just to bring GTAV to PC you could be in for a bit of a wait...but imagine how amazing it would look and run on PC!
    My will is weak. I can always buy it, beat it, then sell it. I'm sure the resell values will be awesome.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rockstar will pad their game sales by re-releases with this game just like they did GTAV.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Red Dead 2 in 4 days!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Red Dead 2 TOMORROW!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Red Dead 2 TOMORROW!
    (Technically tonight )

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Critics are losing their collective shit....

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The praise is indeed quite high. Only negative i've read is the story's not as good as the first...and that was from one person, the rest are in owe of it...MERE HOURS TIL I GET TO PLAY!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can’t wait, hope that patch isn’t too massive so I can jump right in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm doing the Gamestop stacking promotion to trade in my old Xbox One and buying RDR2 tonight for $300 off an Xbox One X. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Preloaded and ready to go. All 92gb of it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Less than 7 hours unnnnngggghh

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Five hours! Almost there!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well i managed to screw up. Was going to go to my local supermarket (Sainsbury''s) to get a physical copy...only to find they aren't stocking it, in fact none of the supermarkets are. The closest store is a Game in central London and i was told over the phone "pre-orders only, no extra copies...unless i want the £90 version" so i went back home to get the digital copy that has been downloading for the last 4 hours and is only 14gb of 92gb's...balls! I'm not going to be able to play this until tomorrow am i?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Amazing so far. Words fail me on this one...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Am I the only one failing at duels? I can't do it. I'm doing what it says and I get nothing. Just stands there. Beyond frustrating. The guides I'm looking up aren't really helpful either.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been playing this since about 4 am, on and off. All the customization though! I love when Rockstar releases a game they don't mess around. There is so much to do in this game it's almost too much. Plan to go hunting? Some asshole stepped on his own beartrap, so you have to decide to help him or not. I'm playing my first play through as i actually would make those decisions. I love how the online mode isn't even out yet. I can't wait until it releases.

The only thing I hate about this game is the permadeath of your horse. That's why I'm always extra careful with her. Oh I'm going into a gun fight with like 30 people vs just Me? Better stay back and chill Cleo. I'm always like, I got your back fam. This is also the only game also where I think fast travel would break the immersion.

All an all 20 horse testicles out of 20.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    omg the drunken saloon mission is fuckin' hilarious. Looking for Lenny but getting progressively more and more shitfaced so the prompt to call out for him goes from 'Lenny!' to 'Ynnel' to 'LNNEEY!! !' hahahaha

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Just did the intro past the first train robbery, fucking loving it.

Had to tap out though otherwise I'd end up screwing with my sleeping patterns again lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This game will take me an eternity to beat with how my work is and my unwillingness to play every night when I get home.

Sucks.

I'm old.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dude this fucking GAAAAAAME!!!!

This game is just... incredible. 100000% worth the wait.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I like it but it's no 10/10. Had to switch my controls around to do duels. A lot of reviews somehow manage to leave out that R2 tidbit. It's good but it's way overhyped and has a ton of issues (which hopefully get fixed). I'm definitely not as crazy about it like most people

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right i've been playing this all weekend and Monday (extra day off for gaming hype...and came back to work and it's all gone tits up) and i have some...opinions on this game.

The game is brilliant, the graphics are fantastic, the open world is just wonderful and alive, and the shooting and overall gameplay is on point, exactly what i expected from a Rockstar game at this point...but there are a couple of things that are just not clicking for me, namely the story.

Now don't get me wrong, it's well written, well acted and well directed, but to me its...just not a very good story. My biggest problem though is that the protagonist, Arthur Morgan, is...well, really flat as a character. I'm probably hanging too much onto the original Red Dead's story when comparing...but that story was just THAT GOOD, and this story is acting as a prequel TOO THAT GAME, it's impossible not to compare them. And that story was focused solely on John Marston and it worked so damn well. But RD2 just doesn't have that connection to Arthur, in fact he is really dull! He just feels to me as if he is there to move the story along, not tell a story. I'm about 40% in and i just don't care about him, maybe that will change when i'm done, but right now i couldn't really care about his fate, i just keep wishing i could be playing as John or my own character giving the customisation options.

Does this break the game? Not really, the story is "good enough" to power through, and the game-play is thankfully fan-bloody-tastic, just going and getting lost doing random events is fun, i just kinda wished they'd gone for an orgional story not tied to the original like they do with every GTA, with some hints and missions tied to the previous. It's a great game, but it really isn't the perfect game everyone is saying it is, and for me isn't even the best open world game (Witcher 3 still holds that, everything in that game was as close to perfect as a game gets)

For me the original Red Dead is still the better game overall, but this is still a great game worth everyone's time. I'm probably just being harsh.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm not the biggest fan of all the stuff they added that you have to babysit, things like your health, stamina and deadeye cores, your horse's cores. You have to oil your guns to have them function better, groom your horse and give them pats.

I think this has taken on too many gameplay elements from survival and crafting games.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    heard conrols were a bitch
    -louie

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm not the biggest fan of all the stuff they added that you have to babysit, things like your health, stamina and deadeye cores, your horse's cores. You have to oil your guns to have them function better, groom your horse and give them pats.

I think this has taken on too many gameplay elements from survival and crafting games.
    I appreciate those elements present but there comes a point where it’s tiresome to check and stock stuff to make sure you’re at 100%.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm also not a huge fan of having to eat and feed your horse to keep your cores up, guess it's a minor gripe though. Game is definitely beautiful and there's plenty going on in the open world. I think I'm still only in Chapter 3 so I have a long ways to go just in the story. Keep getting sidetracked by the massive amount of crap you can do.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've all but given up on hunting! It was fun at first but the fact each animal has varying levels of fur quality you need to look for on top of having to kill them the right way just to get the perfect pelts that, if my games anything to go by, disappear if you hold them too long (i know the meat goes off, but the pelt?!?) has all but made hunting not fun. Getting the legendary animals is fine as it doesn't matter how you kill them, just regular hunting (only killing for the meat now, sod the pelts!) I'm well into chapter 3 and the side quests are still super fun, story is still so so. Oh and why does my weapon load-out keep changing EVERY TIME i get off my horse? I have 2 great rifles but the game keeps making me run back to my horse to pick them as it gives me either the weapons i don't want or no side arms!

...i get the feeling this game would have been so much better if they'd just trimmed some of these overly finicky mechanics!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Feels like I've dumped in a pantload of hours in to this thing. I check progress before logging off, still only: story - 39% and overall completion 51%. Fuck my life.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I've all but given up on hunting! It was fun at first but the fact each animal has varying levels of fur quality you need to look for on top of having to kill them the right way just to get the perfect pelts that, if my games anything to go by, disappear if you hold them too long (i know the meat goes off, but the pelt?!?) has all but made hunting not fun. Getting the legendary animals is fine as it doesn't matter how you kill them, just regular hunting (only killing for the meat now, sod the pelts!) I'm well into chapter 3 and the side quests are still super fun, story is still so so. Oh and why does my weapon load-out keep changing EVERY TIME i get off my horse? I have 2 great rifles but the game keeps making me run back to my horse to pick them as it gives me either the weapons i don't want or no side arms!

...i get the feeling this game would have been so much better if they'd just trimmed some of these overly finicky mechanics!
    I only hunt to provide food for the camp. When I start a fresh day, usually start with camp business then go and do my own thing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Still happy with it? I haven't played much at all...