Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Devil May Cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fucking loving this game. Can't stand seeing people bitch about the change. Also loving kicking ass with Combichrist on the soundtrack!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    That completely threw me off guard when I heard him say that... I loved it. The only flaws that really bother me about this game is the no lock on, and the dialogue. There are fucks thrown around everywhere and completely unnecessary at times.

A plot hole that I am trying to figure out is how and why Dante is stronger than Virgil?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    That completely threw me off guard when I heard him say that... I loved it. The only flaws that really bother me about this game is the no lock on, and the dialogue. There are fucks thrown around everywhere and completely unnecessary at times.

A plot hole that I am trying to figure out is how and why Dante is stronger than Virgil?
    Same here, lock-on only messed up with me when I was going for a Bathos or Harpy (after disposing their wings). I didn't feel the vulgar language was gratuitous and was appropriate when needed.

Did it state that outright? I mean it was maybe inferred, tongue-in-cheek and stated by Dante himself but I don't recall it being a known fact?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Same here, lock-on only messed up with me when I was going for a Bathos or Harpy (after disposing their wings). I didn't feel the vulgar language was gratuitous and was appropriate when needed.

Did it state that outright? I mean it was maybe inferred, tongue-in-cheek and stated by Dante himself but I don't recall it being a known fact?
    For me, I just find the amount of "Fucks", or "Fuck You" used too much. At least be a little more creative with the dialogue if you are going to use curse words... but it still has it moments. With the combos, the lock on really annoys me sometimes when knowing what enemy I want to attack and then I go to a completely different enemy and fuck up my combo, but it isn't that bad.

It didn't state that outright, but he is obviously stronger when you fight him in the past games, and in this game Virgil is there for the smarts and Dante for the fighting. They then say it when they are bickering at the end of the game so I guess take it as you will. We will get to see more I suppose when we get the DLC for Virgil.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Vergil's Downfall DLC Achievements List

A lot are similar to the main game's counterparts (Upgrading, Difficulties, Collectibles, etc.)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Rumors abound for Vergils' release on February 26th, but don't hold me to it.

Also, I'm so tired of hearing people bicker back and forth about the old series and the new game.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    What'd everyone think of the soundtrack(s)? I fucking love them and downloaded them with gusto as soon as I could.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It's probably pretty safe to say that Capcom's DmC: Devil May Cry has gone a long way in restoring the faith that people once had in the franchise. Capcom is looking to continue to foster this good will by releasing an update to the game that fixes several issues, all of which are listed below:

-Poison AI issue addressed (she no longer enters non-interactive state)
    -Lessened damage and style boost from Demon Evade
    -Arbiter "Drop" now causes damage and style gain even if jump-canceled
    -Non-damaging moves no longer provide style points
    -Damage done by weakest enemies increased
    -Damage done by all enemies increased on Nephilim and Son of Sparda modes
    -Adjusted attack (parry) windows for Rage spin move.
    -SS and SSS will now decay back down to S if you stop gaining style
    -No more eternal angel glide (where Dante flies around)
    In addition to these fixes, the "Bloody Palace" mode will also be coming to the game via the update. For those unfamiliar, this mode has been available in Devil May Cry titles since its second installment. Your goal is to survive "more than 100 levels of demon-crushing, boss-rushing action”.

Both the fixes and "Bloody Palace" mode will be available next week on February 20th. As this is a patch to DmC: Devil May Cry, all you will have to do to receive the updates and new game mode is turn on the game after the patch goes live and download it once you are prompted to do so.

-

YAY! Better get to working on my SOS playthrough before it gets harder haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Anybody up for selling a used PS3 copy of this?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Shit dude, I have been so out of the loop these past couple weeks. I have to dive head first into this game again so I can kick some ass in the DLC coming up.. exciting!! I'll add some more input tomorrow.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game spoiled me for Metal Gear Rising. Playing MGR, I can't helped but compare it to the more refined and precise controls in this game.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This game spoiled me for Metal Gear Rising. Playing MGR, I can't helped but compare it to the more refined and precise controls in this game.
    Definitely agree with this statement: After a few replays, the controls for DmC made sense and there was a fluidity to it. In contrast, after 11 hours of gameplay, there is little to no rhythm to Metal Gear Rising. Instead, it's still a button masher mixed with lucky kill-shots. Pretty frustrating.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance but compared to DmC I felt some controls were lacking or just not there. There is definitely more style, fluidity and variety in DmC. The weapon swap control in DmC shits all over MGR's. The additional weapons in MGR break the combat flow as it dumbs down your combos with your HF Blade.

Sad thing is, I hear people bash DmC and say that MGR is better. I love both games but I feel DmC is better.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The dodge/parry system alone puts MGR out of the running against other action games. I get how it works, and its stupid. Also the crappy camera.

DMC had both of these working very nicely and its the first action game where felt compelled to use more than one melee weapon.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Beat the Download Content. Shit ruled BUT damn, it is a lot harder than the main game. Vergil has some badass moves and combos and you look forward to this at some point:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Devil May Cry

Lost my code... Dammit!

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I got the Virgil DLC! It was very worth it. I'm impressed by how different it felt to play as virgil, even with only a fraction of the depth offered by Dante, he was still fun and interesting to play as. Here's hoping they crank out another DLC where you play as the witch lady.

also, I noticed that they have a sort of horde mode as free DLC, i would have picked that up ages ago had I known.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Devil May Cry

Wasn't very impressed with the DLC. The "cut scenes" were disappointing. Gameplay was cool. Difficult, but not bad. Just felt rushed.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman...special-teaser

Why do I want them both again? It makes no sense as I already beat DmC to death (almost) on 360. This doesn't justify a buy really but it'd be too awesome not to get. Ugh.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Dude, that looks rad! I played the very 1st DMC on ps2 about halfway, that's it. Looks like this will be fun for me!