Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wizfan: pictures, videos, words and songs

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

https://torturesauce.bandcamp.com/al...will-go-slower

It's out! Tonal 2: Give It Time, It Will Go Slower. marks a "transition point" of sorts for TS, as it blends the usual noise walls you know and love with wicked tonal explorations that one could only describe as "anti-ambient". Oh, and did I mention it's two hours long? Like any self-respecting sequel, it's louder, more bloated and turns everything that was good about Tonal? into a mushy, incoherent mess. I'd like to once again thank @eversonpoe , who enjoyed Tonal? and inspired me to make an album-length expansion of that idea.

Enjoy! I'm still thinking of crazy ways to spice up the Torture Sauce recipe. Future installments may leave noise-heads scratching their heads, but, I can assure you, they're gonna sting!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

https://afterthepulse.bandcamp.com/album/perceive

And now for something different! While not quite as ethereal as the last After the Pulse single, Leap, this 52 minute, uh... "album-ingle" is a much lighter listen than the sonic onslaught of Torture Sauce. I wanted to make something that sounds like how the coronavirus has changed our perception of the world around us.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    And now for something different! While not quite as ethereal as the last After the Pulse single, Leap, this 52 minute, uh... "album-ingle" is a much lighter listen than the sonic onslaught of Torture Sauce. I wanted to make something that sounds like how the coronavirus has changed our perception of the world around us.
    Bandcamp just e-mailed me to inform me about my new album. My sides.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

https://torturesauce.bandcamp.com/al...ths-to-the-sky

Originally a single thing (the self-titled second track) that evolved into a "maybe i'll just whip up six more tracks" thing and, gradually, into a gargantuan almost-three-hours-long thing. This is one of my deeper blends of dark ambient and noise; I'd like to describe its sound as "low noise"*, as the noise is not harsh or brittle, but mostly rumbling and thunderous. Your subwoofers should get a good workout out of this album.

Ever since I resurrected Torture Sauce in 2019, I've released a healthy amount of material including countless HNW explorations and the occasional foray into dark ambient and drone. I have yet to make the left-turn TS album that I've promised that will make everyone go "WTF", but one thing is for sure: "Mouths to the Sky" is the most fun I've had making a TS release so far, and it helped me squash any last remaining fears and doubts I've ever had about sound design (including, of course, sound mangling). Seriously, whatever it is that I'm doing, I feel like I've mastered it. I have tons of crazy music plans going forward, involving TS, After the Pulse and S33-Th1s (my digital hardcore thing which also features glitched-out vocals by me, but so far only has a few released demos and tons of unfinished songs under its name). I really hope you enjoy it.

Shout out to @reseen_lamenti (brilliant new username, by the way!)! Without your inspiration and support, Torture Sauce wouldn't have existed. And no, I still haven't played Yume Nikki. I'm too scared.

*I'll admit that "low noise" is a subtle jab at a Greek hip-hop subgenre called "low bap", which was essentially a slower form of conscious rap. Coincidentally, the group that created the style is called Active Member, which is how ETS likes to call me. You can also call it "brown noise" if you want; poop jokes are always welcome in the Torture Sauce canon.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

People have started to send me stuff! Below is a repeat of the post in the MM thread (oh, and the artwork still needs some work):

I am making a track-for-track parody of Antichrist Superstar for charity and I would like your help. I will recreate all songs from the album... but I will replace everything with cat sounds. Of course, this is inspired by Meow the Jewels, but, in this case, even the vocals will be replaced by pure feline excellence. I will make a Bandcamp specifically for the parody and all proceeds from it will go to RAINN.

How you can help (preferrably via PM):
    1) If you have a cat, please send me recordings of it! Meows, purrs, screeches, any sound your cat makes will be useful. It doesn't have to be a perfect recording; even if all you have is a phone, you can use it! I recommend Dolby On, a free app for iOS and Android which can turn recordings from even the crappiest phone mic into professional-sounding greatness.

2) I'd also like to hear your suggestions on track titles with cat puns, e.g. "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" -> "Irrespurrsible Hairy Catthem". If you have puns for the whole track list, send it in and I will cherry-pick my favorites.

Every contributor will get a special thanks mention in the Bandcamp description!

Thank you!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

After the Pulse - Sixteen Seconds

It's out! Two hours of ambient/drone music made using heavily processed piano sounds! Dive into the infinity...
    Last edited by wizfan; 03-31-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    My submission for the Metapop "Produce This #91" scoring contest, where I scored a clip from a German fantasy movie called Die Krone von Arkus (The Malevolent Queen). Here's my Metapop entry link. Wish me luck, peeps!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Torture Sauce - esque

I had so much fun making this one, so I HAD to release it. Also, I submitted an exclusive Torture Sauce track to a compilation which will be out on September 1st. More details later; watch this space!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Torture Sauce - Swells

Surprise! A new TS track. This one leans more into HNW territory, though its tone is slightly deeper and more robust than you'd expect; in fact, it's one of my favorite sonic textures that I've made. And it was a complete accident! I'm working on my first-ever sample pack (coming soon!) and I felt like taking a break from an intense sound design session... by making more sound design, albeit this time without a plan in mind. I loved the result so much that I gave it some super-hot brickwall mastering, et voilą!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Updates!

I'm currently remastering most of my After the Pulse back catalogue for a neat bulk re-issue for a label. I will make a mega-post with all sorts of links once it's done, including an upcoming July 20th VA compilation by EC Underground which will feature a brand new AtP track. It's actually the second time this happens; I forgot to post about the previous new AtP track that was released in another VA comp a couple of months ago, but it will all be in the mega-post!

The next Torture Sauce will be a series of dark ambient albums, as I'm taking a break from noise again. I will probably go back to my usual HNW / low noise tendencies once I finish all those soundscape demos I've churned out over the past few months.

s33-th1s has been put on hold. I have lots of plans for it (and countless demos), and I'm still experimenting with glitch software in order to find the right candidate for a "signature s33-th1s glitch vocal effect". I have every plugin by Glitchmachines and tons of Max for Live sample-choppers, but, while they work wonders on synths and drums, none of them seem to mesh well with my own voice. We'll see... I'll have to Richard Devine the shit out of this.

My second Greek comedy rap album (as Wiz) is still being written inside my head, with ideas for lyrics and melodies popping up once every few weeks. I'll need to find the right recording studio to scream and yell my heart out in. The first one is also in need of a reissue... and it will have some bonus goodies.

These days I've been hard at work as a short film composer for hire on Fiverr. Most of the short films I've scored are not online yet, and I'm waiting for the directors to upload them. I'd like to make another mega-post about these near the end of the year, as a "composer retrospective" of sorts. It's been a good year for my Greenlight Score project!

If you're interested in music software creation and programming (such as plugins), you can check out our biweekly DSP Study Group livestream on my friend Leandro Facchinetti's YouTube channel. We usually stream every other Tuesday or Wednesday. Also, I'm a beta-tester for several plugin developers, including Stagecraft Software, and I plan to remake my drum plugin Organic Calfskin Kit on JUCE instead of Maize, as well as make my own synth plugin. I need some serious C++ knowledge...

That MM parody project is shelved for now. I didn't get enough cat samples. That may change next year.

As for the sample pack... ugh. I worked on it for months, before being too dissatisfied with its quality and eventually scrapping the whole thing and starting over. I swear I will release it... soon.

tags tags tags @Jon @reseen_lamenti @MAD @eversonpoe @SM Rollinger @Alexandros @elevenism @paul_guyet
    Last edited by wizfan; 07-16-2022 at 06:16 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I dropped my first-ever sample pack, Voice of the Glitch! It features glitched-out recordings of my own voice. Get it for $10, or get a FREE taster pack HERE!

Oh, and I've got so much more in store for you... *rubs hands*