Thread: Wizfan: pictures, videos, words and songs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Updates!

I'm currently remastering most of my After the Pulse back catalogue for a neat bulk re-issue for a label. I will make a mega-post with all sorts of links once it's done, including an upcoming July 20th VA compilation by EC Underground which will feature a brand new AtP track. It's actually the second time this happens; I forgot to post about the previous new AtP track that was released in another VA comp a couple of months ago, but it will all be in the mega-post!

The next Torture Sauce will be a series of dark ambient albums, as I'm taking a break from noise again. I will probably go back to my usual HNW / low noise tendencies once I finish all those soundscape demos I've churned out over the past few months.

s33-th1s has been put on hold. I have lots of plans for it (and countless demos), and I'm still experimenting with glitch software in order to find the right candidate for a "signature s33-th1s glitch vocal effect". I have every plugin by Glitchmachines and tons of Max for Live sample-choppers, but, while they work wonders on synths and drums, none of them seem to mesh well with my own voice. We'll see... I'll have to Richard Devine the shit out of this.

My second Greek comedy rap album (as Wiz) is still being written inside my head, with ideas for lyrics and melodies popping up once every few weeks. I'll need to find the right recording studio to scream and yell my heart out in. The first one is also in need of a reissue... and it will have some bonus goodies.

These days I've been hard at work as a short film composer for hire on Fiverr. Most of the short films I've scored are not online yet, and I'm waiting for the directors to upload them. I'd like to make another mega-post about these near the end of the year, as a "composer retrospective" of sorts. It's been a good year for my Greenlight Score project!

If you're interested in music software creation and programming (such as plugins), you can check out our biweekly DSP Study Group livestream on my friend Leandro Facchinetti's YouTube channel. We usually stream every other Tuesday or Wednesday. Also, I'm a beta-tester for several plugin developers, including Stagecraft Software, and I plan to remake my drum plugin Organic Calfskin Kit on JUCE instead of Maize, as well as make my own synth plugin. I need some serious C++ knowledge...

That MM parody project is shelved for now. I didn't get enough cat samples. That may change next year.

As for the sample pack... ugh. I worked on it for months, before being too dissatisfied with its quality and eventually scrapping the whole thing and starting over. I swear I will release it... soon.

tags tags tags @Jon @reseen_lamenti @MAD @eversonpoe @SM Rollinger @Alexandros @elevenism @paul_guyet
    Last edited by wizfan; 07-16-2022 at 06:16 AM.