Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    I just watched the video again. Instrumentally? It's awesome! Vocally? Also awesome! Together? Something sounds off to me. I think the instrumentation makes my ear want to hear more aggressive vocals, and Chelsea's voice makes me want to hear more "doomy" instrumentation.
    I think part of my excitement over the song was that Chelsea Wolfe's music is SO super serious, moody, etc. And they were able to get to her to do something so fun and different from her comfort zone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they announced the other songs for the EP.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    they announced the other songs for the EP.

Source? Your tweet status that you posted isn't showing up and I can't find any news.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We've also got "Running Up That Hill" with @EmmaRuthRundle, "Reelin' in the Years" with @WitchTaint, "The Warrior" with @ShawnaPotterWOW and @AlanBlastidy and "4th of July" with @StephenBrodsky plus you support all other artists and sound engineers who worked on these five songs
    The originally announced song is the Rush cover they did, the others are above.

edit: sorry, if you can't see the tweet you don't know what I'm talking about huh. This is the covers EP that the two minutes to late night crew is putting out tomorrow on bandcamp.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The 'nudedragonsoffical' Instagram account had a post today commemorating the 8th anniversary of King Animal:

A post shared by on

As per usual, the post was full of details about the release that you would never find on the 'offical' Soundgarden account.

What seems quite promising was a statement made in the first sentence of the post:
    On this date in 2012, Soundgarden released their 7th studio album (so far), King Animal, on Republic records in the U.S. and Vertigo records internationally.

SO FAR....
    THERE IS HOPE.
    sweet.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there is a specific gif I'm thinking of but I cannot find it atm. when I have more time and don't have a project crunch we shall see. but it covers both his idea of a cover - looking at you, Billy Jean - and of giving his current estate money.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    My favorites from the new covers album, along with "Patience" which has been out for a while:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

as huge ELO fan, I appreciate this cover a lot. Chris singing Jeff Lynne's harmonies sounds so good!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Four years gone. Going to have to listen to some Soundgarden today.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Four years gone. Going to have to listen to some Soundgarden today.
    it still feels so strange. he always seemed in control to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    it still feels so strange. he always seemed in control to me.

I will never understand it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i cried for two days. never even met the guy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    And that's the thing with depression. We will never understand it unless you gone through it yourself. I spoke about what it was like to go through depression not too long after Chester died when a few users thought it was cowardly, being someone who has tried to take their own life on several occations, and I spoke about some of the intrusive thought I had (which is not only a thing with depression but also OCD, Paranoia and ADD) and how my experiences with suicide, my justification being I didn't want to hurt anyone and I thought the only way I could do it was to take my own life so I could never act on these actions. And I never want to act on any of those actions. I was scared and I thought I was turning into a monster. I've had depression like this since i was around 7 or 8 years old. My feelings are the same as I said it back then as they are now, depression is one of the worst kinds of mental torture someone can have and it has traumatized me to the point that I don't any kind of therapy at this point is going to be of any help. I would never wish it on my worst enemies.
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 05-18-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope this is the first step on the the road towards new Soundgarden material. Chris Cornell has always been one of my favorite vocalists, and his death broke me in a way I didn't think possible.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Definitely cautious, however I agree in that I hope they can move forward towards finishing that final album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah caution here, who cares about online crap, the music is what matters in the end and she won’t give up that easily

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Having seen Krist's band (1 of the singers is from that), this could be really terrible.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Having seen Krist's band (1 of the singers is from that), this could be really terrible.
    I listened to the new album, it was decent IMO

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I want to like this but the vocals kill it for me.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    I want to like this but the vocals kill it for me.
    A friend described Krist's band (we saw them open for Foo Fighters) as what the Manson family would've sounded like if they had made records, haha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    A friend described Krist's band (we saw them open for Foo Fighters) as what the Manson family would've sounded like if they had made records, haha.

lol yeah, i couldn't even make it thru that giant in the wood records, it belong to the shitty music thread. I'm afraid this does too. Oh well, kim and matt are ok i suppose.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yup i know i’m a day late, but can’t believe it’s been 5 years, since the world lost him

https://loudwire.com/chris-cornell-t...ndgarden-2022/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [parasite] View Post
    yup i know i’m a day late, but can’t believe it’s been 5 years, since the world lost him

https://loudwire.com/chris-cornell-t...ndgarden-2022/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Still sucks...and still bothers me.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Still sucks...and still bothers me.
    same but i’m finally able to listen to him again. i couldn’t do it except for 4th of july on the 4th of july. i listen to it every year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    this is awesome:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Soundgarden, Chris Cornell Estate Settle Lawsuits, Pave Way for Final Recordings

“Soundgarden and Vicky Cornell, on behalf of the Estate of Chris Cornell, are happy to announce they have reached an amicable out of court resolution,” read a statement shared on Cornell’s Instagram. “The reconciliation marks a new partnership between the two parties, which will allow Soundgarden fans around the world to hear the final songs that the band and Chris were working on. The two parties are united and coming together to propel, honor and build upon Soundgarden’s incredible legacy as well as Chris’s indelible mark on music history — as one of the greatest songwriters and vocalists of all time.”