Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    News outlets are reporting that Chris had track marks on his arm.

Fuck. Totally his business, but...he was clean for years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    News outlets are reporting that Chris had track marks on his arm.

Fuck. Totally his business, but...he was clean for years.
    Fake news BS. Wait for toxicology.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Those last three songs on Revelations are great. Rest of the album... not as great.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Sat down and tried to compile a cohesive album collection out of the 17+ songs from Down On The Upside. One, that isn't necessarily bloated and no more than an hour in length.

BUT: I noticed that it's fucking hard. Those songs are either too good to be left off or they're too unique. You would miss 'em when they're not there. This is an incredibly rare thing for a 16 song album. I think DOTU is underrated, because it's probably overshadowed by Superunknown.
    Last edited by r_z; 05-27-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Sat down and tried to compile a cohesive album collection out of the 17+ songs from the Down On The Upside sessions. One, that isn't necessarily bloated and more than an hour in length.

BUT: I noticed that it's fucking hard. Those songs are either too good to be left off or they're too unique. You would miss 'em when they're not there. This is an incredibly rare thing for a 16 song album. I think DOTU is underrated, because it's probably overshadowed by Superunknown.
    Where did you find these songs? Bootleg?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I was referring to the 16 songs on the album and the b-sides from singles and compilations... like Kristi or Bleed Together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The DOTU b-sides are really cool, love Kristi, Karaoke and A Splice of Space Jam. I wonder if there's anything more we haven't heard from that era... so many sonic directions are displayed on the record. More atmospheric stuff like Applebite would've been great, I reckon that's one of SG's most unique songs.

Picked up the 2016 pressing of Louder Than Love, and Badmotorfinger today, both sound really awesome! Played them loud for Chris.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Guns N' Roses covered the obvious Black Hole Sun and it sounded pretty good. YouTube it.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-27-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    More atmospheric stuff like Applebite would've been great, I reckon that's one of SG's most unique songs.
    Yes, yes, damn and hell yes. Applebite's in my top 5. It's groovy and creepy as hell.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Chris talks about touring with GN'R. Pretty funny.

There were two main things: First, they had this enormous aluminum stage with catwalks, and at the end of each catwalk was a teleprompter so Axl [Rose] could read the lyrics to his own songs," Cornell replied. "Which I thought was a little weird, since they only had two albums. The other thing was that you were not allowed to be in a hallway or anywhere where Axl might see you when he was walking between the dressing room and the stage... unless you were Chris Cornell. So, one day, I see a security guard walking him down this long corridor where there's no one except for me, and it's like they want me to see him. He's wearing his Axl Rose tennis shoes that say 'Axl Rose' on them and these teeny-tiny, painted-on red shorts, a backwards baseball cap and a fur coat that goes to the floor. And he just walks by and goes, 'Hey, bro!' And that was it. At that point, it's one of those moments where

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/chr...-guns-n-roses/
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-27-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Oh fuck yeah, Bleed Together. Forgot about that song. My first venture into Soundgarden was, rather boringly, A Sides.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I always wanted to see Chris release another Soundbook album. That album was outstanding and I am sooo so glad I caught the Boston show.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Oh fuck yeah, Bleed Together. Forgot about that song. My first venture into Soundgarden was, rather boringly, A Sides.
    It's still a great place for an introduction. I love Bleed Together, I remember at the time when they were finished, I had that song on repeat for a good month, thinking to myself "what a great one to exit stage left with".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

From another soundtrack...

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was thinking earlier this week how fucking cool it would have been if Soundgarden had ever done MTV Unplugged...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I was thinking earlier this week how fucking cool it would have been if Soundgarden had ever done MTV Unplugged...
    The closest you can get is Chris' excellent Soundbook album.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    eddie vedder kicked off a european solo tour in amsterdam on saturday night. Reeling from the death of his longtime friend and collaborator chris cornell, the performance was said to be an emotional one, with vedder playing several songs in tribute to the soundgarden singer.in his opening performance of pearl jam’s “long road”, vedder changed the lyrics to “without you/ something is missing.” a cover of cat stevens’ “trouble” followed. Vedder than played pearl jam’s “sometimes” during which he cried out, “where were you, dear god?” other notable performances included his own composition “without you”, a cover of neil young’s “the needle and the damage done” (a song about heroin addiction), and pearl jam’s “immortality”. He opened the first encore with a cover of fugazi’s “i’m so tired”, which features lyrics like, “out here/ barely see my breath/ surrounded by jealousy and death/ i can’t be reached/ only had one call/ dragged underneath separate from you all/ you all.”

at one point during the concert, a fan yelled out, “i love you!”, to which vedder responded, “thank you. I need it – we all need it. I’m thinking of a lot of people tonight. And some in particular and their families. And i just know that healing takes time, if it ever happens. It takes time, and that means you have to start somewhere. So let it be music. Let it be love and togetherness. And let it be amsterdam.”
    a pearljam.com member named electro_uk who attended the show, posted the following account to the band’s message board:

“the show was pretty much entirely about chris without directly mentioning him. It was clear eddie couldn’t bring himself to talk about it head on. He spoke a little how the healing process can start with music and made numerous references to how sad he was and how much he and his friends were struggling.
    frankly it is the bravest performance i have ever seen. At times it seemed like he was a word or two away from breaking into tears. He mumbled more than usual, he violently stamped into the floor on immortality and others and after ‘the end’ i thought he was ready to just walk off and not play anymore. There were funny moments and he picked up in the second half. You could hear the crowd emotionally gasp when light years started. On the outro to ‘sometimes’ he cried out ‘where were you, dear god?’ it was heart breaking.”
    https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...omment-page-2/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can't imagine how Eddie must be feeling at the moment, the sadness is really settling in now.

Alain posted a video of him doing a short, but really beautiful cover of Disappearing One. Another record with Chris, Alain and Natasha would've been amazing. Euphoria Mourning is an absolute masterpiece.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was one of the first thoughts I had when I got the news. Like, "Goddamn, Eddie will be crushed."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    once in a while rolling stone is worth reading:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...l-days-w484560

and this too:

damn, I am so glad and lucky to see it and that was probably the highlight of pj20, i can't believe we won't be able to witness that ever again.
    still can't believe he's gone.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Goddamn, that temple of the dog video. Can't believe someone I have never met is still giving me the feels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just listened to King Animal, and Bones of Birds hit me hard.

"Time is my friend
    Till it ain't, and runs out
    And that is all
    That I have till it's gone"

Fuck.

I just can't believe any of it. Seeing all these articles, tributes, and even seeing Chris being referred to in the past tense just feels really bizarre. I remember hoping that it was some sort of cruel hoax when the news first broke.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Never took the time to listen to King Animal. Gonna change that asap.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Never took the time to listen to King Animal. Gonna change that asap.
    Enjoy. really, enjoy it. I've personally liked it from day 1, it's so much better than any PJ album released in the past 14 years.
    We need to cherish it even more now, there will most likely be no follow up.
    such a waste.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I felt dirty looking at that article. All of those secret shots and commenting on what celebrities were there and what they were wearing. It all feels like missing the fucking point. But I should expect as much from the Daily Mail.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    Enjoy. really, enjoy it. I've personally liked it from day 1, it's so much better than any PJ album released in the past 14 years.
    We need to cherish it even more now, there will most likely be no follow up.
    such a waste.
    Hopefully there are some demos they can clean-up, and some other odds and ends for one final album. Chris was working on songs for a cover album, hopefully they will see the light of day.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Recent interview:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    and it's out now, the final show has been uploaded to dime.
    downloading but not sure if i will listen tho.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    and it's out now, the final show has been uploaded to dime.
    downloading but not sure if i will listen tho.
    What are you referring to?