Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    This might actually rival Koi No Yokan and Crystal Castles (III).
    Bring it on!

My earlier point was not (just) that it sounds similar to Down On The Upside but that they stayed more or less true to their sound and did not cave in and made super-easily accessible album which strongest selling point would be "the return of the grunge band from the 90ies known after their smash hit 'Black Hole Sun' ".

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Full album stream. I've caved and listened to Taree. Dying to listen to Bones of Birds in full, as well as Worse Dreams and Rowing. But holding off.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?bl...l_album_stream

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    full album available on a certain torrent site aswell, says its 320kbps will find out soon enough

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Makes me miss my computer. Can't listen to the NME stream, iTunes stream apparently doesn't work on the iPhone. And can't download. Bummer.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Non-state actor sounds like Chris was limiting his voice throughout all song and i totally expected the bubble to burst. Needless to say, i got fooled. Nice guitars tho

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Have computer access. Can anyone point me in the direction of one of those dripping pipes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    Have computer access. Can anyone point me in the direction of one of those dripping pipes?
    Pm'd you, attrition is superb, probably my favourite so far

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you kind sir.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Are you basing that off Been Away Too Long and Non-State Actor henryeatscereal? If so I can probably understand that, I love Louder than Love and Ultramega OK anyway so I wouldn't have a problem with that. But By Crooked Steps reminds me of Rhinosaur and Thousand Years Before is definitely more reminiscent of Down on the Upside, as is both Bones of Birds and Taree.

In fact other than Been Away Too Long I don't think any of it is like Louder Than Love and Ultramega OK.

I fucking caved and listened to By Crooked Steps and A Thousand Years Before from the link above, fucking amazing songs. Fully pumped. This might actually rival Koi No Yokan (wasn't expecting it to at all).
    Yes i said that mostly because "Been Away Too Long", i do love "Louder than Love" and "Ultramega Ok" but as you guys said: it would make more sense to continue the path from "Down on the Upside", i can hear the "Rhinosaur" connection in "By Crooked Steps" and i think it's the best song i've heard yet.

Haven't listened to the stream, is it any good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This album is awesome just because it doesn't suck.

How many other bands have reunited after 15 years and produced an album that's (at least) equal to their past efforts?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    for anyone in the uk they're on later with jools holland tonight on bbc2 at 10pm

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    Hahaha so true. I think that's what I'm so pumped about. Been Away Too Long is definitely one of the worse songs on the album... that's great.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post

How many other bands have reunited after 15 years and produced an album that's (at least) equal to their past efforts?
    Primus. Although only 12 years for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    good call.

so Rowing is catchy as fuck.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just listened to Rowing. Holy fuck that is one rad song.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I adore the new album. Reminds me alot of Down On The Upside

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah I'm in love with A Thousand Days Before and Rowing. I'm now convinced that Been Away Too Long is the weakest on the album. Only 13 more hours and I'll have this and Koi No Yokan in my hot little hands. The two best albums in god knows how long for me on the same day.

November 9. I love you. Love Mads.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    also Bauhaus

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Chris hasn't lost his pipes. I don't know why they put so many effects on his voice on the album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When watchin that I thought there was too much echo on his voice and with rusty cage which ruined it for me

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So I've had the hard copy of the album for a while now (and Deftones) and wow. Can't get into deftones, constantly thinking about this. I think deftones needs more time because I'm sure it's going to be a cracker, but this just exceeded my expectations. Every song is a grower (cept Been Away Too Long).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    New tour dates are up: http://www.soundgardenworld.com/tour

Feb 7 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theater

Feb 8 Seattle, WA @ Paramount Theater

Feb 10 Vancouver, BC @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre

yeeeeees!

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I was ready to buy a ticket for Irving Plaza on Tuesday. But then I saw it was $74. I would love to see Soundgarden - never did back in the day - but that's too expensive for a club show.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    The Soundgarden groove is back. I'm feeling that this album is better than Down On The Upside, which I feel was rushed out too quickly. More than anything, I never thought I'd be hearing a new album from Soundgarden. But here I am, 32 years old, walking down the road with a new Soundgarden rocking in my ears. Favorite songs: Non State Actor and Blood on the Valley Floor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    The Soundgarden groove is back. I'm feeling that this album is better than Down On The Upside, which I feel was rushed out too quickly. More than anything, I never thought I'd be hearing a new album from Soundgarden. But here I am, 32 years old, walking down the road with a new Soundgarden rocking in my ears. Favorite songs: Non State Actor and Blood on the Valley Floor.
    I'm amazed at how well they've kept their old sound intact. I've got Non State Actor as my alarm on my phone. Thats how you start the day right

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    I was ready to buy a ticket for Irving Plaza on Tuesday. But then I saw it was $74. I would love to see Soundgarden - never did back in the day - but that's too expensive for a club show.
    Wow, yeah I'd love to see them at the Tower Theater but $74 is a bit much for that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Downloading this now, excited and cannot wait! Soundgarden is/was one of my favorite 1990's bands.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    November is turning about be a good month for new music.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Playing Boston Orpheum in January. That is a tiny place and the acoustics were terrible on the With_Teeth small venue tour. Bet it will sellout fast. I'm hedging. This is what age does to you. Love the new music by the way.