Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundgarden

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    STP and AIC are touring right now so why the hell not join them on a giant "we hope you don't notice our singers are different" tour.
    It was a little different with AIC, imho, because Jerry was a sort of co-singer from JOF on up. STP got a Weiland clone and are essentially a legacy band (although their new disc was surprisingly good).That said, I hope they don't replace Chris. Leave the legacy of that band alone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Soundgarden is pretty much officially dead, but there may be some posthumous releases coming up.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/enterta...ite-band-ever/

As for Soundgarden’s future, Thayil says more releases are in the works. Thayil is managing the band’s catalog, working with Sub Pop on possible compilations, live albums and other unreleased material, as well as discussing potential projects with A&M. While Thayil plans to continue making music with Cameron and bassist Ben Shepherd (among other friends), writing or touring under the Soundgarden banner again seems doubtful. “No, I don’t think that’s anything we’d give reasonable consideration to at this point,” Thayil says. “When I say ‘at this point,’ I mean perhaps ever [laughs].”

Pressed for more, he adds: “I don’t know really what kind of thing is possible or what we would consider in the future. It’s likely nothing. The four of us were that. There were four of us and now there’s three of us, so it’s just not likely that there’s much to be pursued other than the catalog work at this point.”

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The demos for the fabled seventh Soundgarden album would be awesome. Maybe record the songs in a studio and use (if available) the vocal tracks from the demos?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    They better not bring in some new singer. Thats all we need is Corey Taylor singing 'Black Hole Sun"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I Don't believe they will replace Chris
    but maybe they can do a new album, a different project, just the 3 members, There wont be more soundgarden
    Maybe one day they play some songs in a benefit concert with other singers, but just that

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    shit, i still can't get my head wrapped around the fact that he's gone, I see a SG news and i click hoping for some new music and then bam, it hits me again. and again.
    All we have now is freaking bronze. fucking hell.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    went to the Radio City show tonight with 7 others, including my college roommate who saw NIN for the first time with me at Mansfield MA in 2014 during the SG co-headline. Him bringing up that show tonight really bummed me out and I am still not over Cornell being gone. Starting to wonder if I ever will.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 10-02-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I still can't get over it as well.

2017 was just such a difficult year for me, i lost my baby daughter, Chris Cornell died, a best friend passed away. Just so many up's and downs.

I read that supposedly they had 6-7 strong songs done for the new album, but if they were in demo or recorded I'm not sure. They were working on it for a couple yrs though. Fingers crossed we get some new music.

I love the new Chris Cornell track and would love to buy the Vinyl box set....

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    I still can't get over it as well.

2017 was just such a difficult year for me, i lost my baby daughter, Chris Cornell died, a best friend passed away. Just so many up's and downs.

I read that supposedly they had 6-7 strong songs done for the new album, but if they were in demo or recorded I'm not sure. They were working on it for a couple yrs though. Fingers crossed we get some new music.

I love the new Chris Cornell track and would love to buy the Vinyl box set....
    That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a year like that a few years back when my dad died. Bunch of others around me died too. I worried this was gonna be the new norm. But luckily it wasn't. Yours is way tougher though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks but I guess its just life. I'm sure your one was just as difficult. I guess it makes us stronger in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I had a year like that a few years back when my dad died. Bunch of others around me died too. I worried this was gonna be the new norm. But luckily it wasn't. Yours is way tougher though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New interview with Kim Thayil in the new Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ox-set-749656/

Looks like the band is still figuring out what to do with the material that they were working on when Chris died.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New boxset unboxing.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    New boxset is awesome. It's a great overview of Chris' entire career, with nice packaging and essays. My only complaint is that there is a glitch on disc one @4:23 on "Rusty Cage." RS gave it a 4/5.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-focus-758575/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Chris Cornell is up for a grammy for "Best Rock Performance."
    https://www.guitarworld.com/news/ali...rammy-nominees

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Miley Cyrus did a surprisingly good job singing "Say Hello 2 Heaven."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Miley is extremely talented. Ever since I saw her perform “50 Ways To Lose Your Lover” at the SNL anniversary show, I have been a closet fan. The best vocal performance last night however, belonged to Adam Levine. He absolutely crushed “Seasons”. Makes me hate him even more. Haha!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    Miley is extremely talented. Ever since I saw her perform “50 Ways To Lose Your Lover” at the SNL anniversary show, I have been a closet fan. The best vocal performance last night however, belonged to Adam Levine. He absolutely crushed “Seasons”. Makes me hate him even more. Haha!
    I only know that song where she is on a swinging metal ball, a few years ago, fucking terrible song. But she is a good singer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    melvins!!!! so surprised to see them being a part of this, but it looks like they killed it.

the whole thing is on dime now, damn my ratio ain't gonna like it...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Actually the *whole* thing (including the Metallica set) is on The Traders Den...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    A live album of their King Animal tour will be released:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sou...mersive-events

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    A live album of their King Animal tour will be released:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sou...mersive-events
    Placed my pre-order for the blu-ray and CD set. Looks awesome.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    man, can't beileve its gonna be 2 years in a few days

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Isn’t it tomorrow? Trent’s birthday. A coincidence I’m not fond of.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Sometimes I still can't believe that he's really gone. One of the best shows I ever attended was Chris Cornell at the Shubert in Boston, 2015. It didn't even feel like a concert, it felt more like 1,600 fans hanging out in Chris' living room, listening to him play some songs. It felt personal, there was something special about it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    All 134 Soundgarden songs ranked:
    https://www.vulture.com/article/best...gs-ranked.html

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tom Morello says there's an album's worth of unreleased Audioslave songs.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...ht_of_day.html

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    "Soundgarden: Live From The Artists Den" will be shown exclusively at IMAX theatres around the world at a special one-night only event on July 1. Tickets are available beginning Friday, June 7 at www.imax.com/soundgarden.

On February 17, 2013, SOUNDGARDEN concluded a sold-out U.S. winter tour in support of "King Animal", their first studio album in over sixteen years, with a special "Live From The Artists Den" taping at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. SOUNDGARDEN mixed new songs with classic radio hits and rarities performed live for the first time in front of a rapturous crowd. The concert has become the all-time most requested SOUNDGARDEN live show for an official release. The 29-song, nearly two-and-a-half-hour show encompasses the band's rich musical legacy, spanning their early years with "Hunted Down", through their monumental albums "Badmotorfinger" and "Superunknown", respectively, with "Outshined" and "Black Hole Sun", and to their final record, with nearly every song from "King Animal", including "By Crooked Steps" and "Been Away Too Long". "Live From The Artists Den" features 21 songs never before released on a SOUNDGARDEN concert film, including 17 making their first appearance on a live album, and highlighted by "Blind Dogs", which the band performed on stage for the first time ever at the Wiltern show.
    gonna try and make this

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The 2013 tour was awesome. Caught the Boston show--no opening act, they just played and played and played. So many classics and deep album cuts.