Thread: The Trayvon Martin killing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm not dodging the issue by pointing out how your comparison was ill suited to the situation. But if we want to talk about how the outrage is purely based in race, how about this... find me an example where a black person shot and killed an unarmed person in Florida, but because of the "stand your ground" law, nothing happened to him and he walked free.
    Yes. You are. Elke echoes similar (erroneous) sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Elke
    (--Snip--)
    Correct me if I'm wrong -- but you are stating I cannot prove my hypothesis because 'I do not have cases with identical context where only the racial components are reversed'. Ie. Having a murder with a 'white Trayvon', and a 'black Hispanic Zimmerman'. And because I do not have these two nigh identical examples to compare/contrast -- my hypothesis is utterly disproved.

How many human rights laws would have passed if we followed the brilliant teachings of you, and Jinsai? It's like you two take the concepts of pettifog, and semantics. Get them to propagate. And out comes this brilliantly executed shit sandwich only a Spinal Tap critic could enjoy.

Why, in your opinion, do you believe Knoxville: SVU was squashed so briskly? Was it (exclusively) due to the murders being resolved? I do not believe that. Mind you, I do not have an identical case with identical context with inverse racial roles. So what's even the point, eh?
    Last edited by Tiz; 04-27-2012 at 02:36 PM.