Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: pretty eight machine - chiptune tribute album by Inverse Phase

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I mocked this up really quickly. I took the remastered artwork as the template, and did a simple rotation on the MOS chip to give it more severe incline to match the angle on the original artwork, and enlarged it a little bit. For the 2nd mock-up, I moved the title to the same upper-position as the original artwork.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    thanks for the extra mockup - the struggle I face with rotating the chip is that the interlace effect is not straight across like scanlines on a CRT, which is the intended effect. I might be able to load up the original artwork and back out the interlacing to reapply it after rotation, but I'm not sure ....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'm no designer, but the one I like best is still the more zoomed out one of the full chip.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I dig either the most zoomed in version, or the version that most resembles the original artwork.

Also, I just pledged.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Just my 2cents... I like the interlacing effect not being straight across. It's more in line with the qualities of the TV's I got to watch as a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by InversePhase View Post
    thanks for the extra mockup - the struggle I face with rotating the chip is that the interlace effect is not straight across like scanlines on a CRT, which is the intended effect. I might be able to load up the original artwork and back out the interlacing to reapply it after rotation, but I'm not sure ....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...featured on synthtopia, good job. :-)
    https://www.synthtopia.com/content/2...ming-on-vinyl/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    @InversePhase ^^ That's the one. Looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I just went to see where you were at and it's 211% funded!! This is awesome, congratulations!! Looking forward to this arriving in my mailbox.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    I just went to see where you were at and it's 211% funded!! This is awesome, congratulations!! Looking forward to this arriving in my mailbox.
    Thanks very much! Keep in mind we don't even deliver audio to the presses until the campaign is over, so it's still gonna be a few months at least.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Hey all, sorry for the bump but I just wanted to drop a note here because it seems relevant: There are vinyl delays everywhere and I'm keeping everyone updated on bandcamp. So if you're wondering where your record is or whatever please read everything on http://inversephase.bandcamp.com/community and follow/stay informed over there. Also I just hit this thread up for inspiration on some of the stuff I could last-minute include in the liner notes, but if anyone feels like they have burning, unanswered questions about P8M ask now and I'll include it (or at least answer here)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    My copy arrived this morning! Not had a chance to play it yet but it looks the business - great choice with the cover art.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    My copy arrived this morning! Not had a chance to play it yet but it looks the business - great choice with the cover art.
    Thanks! I went for something completely different than the zoom on the original artwork, hoping people might appreciate something special for the vinyl.!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Got my shipping notification this afternoon. Can’t wait!! Thanks so much for this @InversePhase much appreciated!!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Got my shipping notification this afternoon. Can’t wait!! Thanks so much for this @InversePhase much appreciated!!!!
    Same! Looking forward to giving this a spin finally.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Please keep in mind this is for people who buy records directly from me at shows or help me get them into shops - if you preordered and there is a problem with your record just email bandcamp, tell them what happened, include photos of damage, etc. and they'll get you fixed up.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    YOOOOOOOOOO my Bampcamp copy shipped from GA!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got my copy yesterday, well done @InversePhase thanks for the QA/QC!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Kind of crazy to think that I put in my pre-order sixteen months ago and received the record today. Of course I know everything that went into that lead-time so it's not a complaint, just an observation. Thank you for going through the hassle of getting these made - I'm going to very much enjoy my copy.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    as I said on reddit: I'm going to have to explain to my wife that this is the longest covid delay yet because so many vinyls are showing up late.

if at all, now that I think about the last 7" I ordered...hmm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

It has arrived! The audio quality is outstanding. I also created the entry for it on Discogs so those that catalog their collection like me can add it.
    Last edited by otnavuskire; 06-08-2022 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got my finally came in Vinyl today (Los Angeles, CA)!!! The Records look sexy as Fukkkkkkkk !!!! Great job!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yeah, got mine a few days ago as well. I agree: it looks super great! Have not had a chance to give it a spin yet, but it's great to have it in hand. Congrats!