Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    ^ I'll reserve judgement on that statement.

Who the fuck has money to throw around to produce something like that? The production is sound (and pretty stellar, at that), but the plot seems to have been written by a 13 year old.

"and then mster chief comes in n blows off their heads, boom headshot! hahah pwn n00b zombays"

Really...?
    Do you not know how cheap good cameras are these days? and in all caps it says right under the video.

"THIS IS A NON-PROFIT FILM AND IS FOR PRIVATE USE ONLY NOT INTENDED FOR SALES OR COMMERCIAL USE. WE RESERVE THE COPYRIGHTS AND TM TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF THE FOLLOWING CONTENT USED WITHIN THE FILM. THIS FILM WAS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND FOR THE LOVE TOWARD GAMING, MUSIC, AND AIRSOFTING."

I don't see anything wrong with that..

And one guy with a hobby of editing can put together all the sound effects straight from left4dead and put them into the video.
    Last edited by AngryOwl; 01-03-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    In one of the links in that post, he refers to APC as Tool. If this dude wants info on Tapeworm, I'm pretty sure that I know about all there is publicly available to know about Tapeworm, no wrangling necessary. I'd reply to his posts but I don't really feel like creating a Wordpress account.
    Yeah, I was too unmotivated to create an account as well. I feel like if he was actually all that interested in it then he should realize that we have these wonderful things on the internet like google and wikipedia which would probably answer most of his questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone on Jerome Dillon's Facebook today? He posted a picture of himself with Finck and Keith Hillebrandt. And yesterday he posted "Reel 4". Something's up.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I doubt it's NIN related, or HTDA related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volk View Post
    Anyone on Jerome Dillon's Facebook today? He posted a picture of himself with Finck and Keith Hillebrandt. And yesterday he posted "Reel 4". Something's up.
    direct link plz. and link to the pic plz

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    well, in all fairness, Manson's last album made me want to set shit on fire too.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    heyoooooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There's an article in The Sydney Morning Heralds 'Spectrum' section this morning on Trent and his scoring of GWTDT.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That article is a reprint of the Guardian article iirc

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    new photo?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Nah, it's from a 3 year old photoshoot http://www.viiphoto.com/showstory.php?nID=916

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOwl View Post
    Do you not know how cheap good cameras are these days? and in all caps it says right under the video.

"THIS IS A NON-PROFIT FILM AND IS FOR PRIVATE USE ONLY NOT INTENDED FOR SALES OR COMMERCIAL USE. WE RESERVE THE COPYRIGHTS AND TM TO THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF THE FOLLOWING CONTENT USED WITHIN THE FILM. THIS FILM WAS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND FOR THE LOVE TOWARD GAMING, MUSIC, AND AIRSOFTING."

I don't see anything wrong with that..

And one guy with a hobby of editing can put together all the sound effects straight from left4dead and put them into the video.
    Oh, I am quite well aware of how cheap some cameras are. I also happen to be very well aware of how much production costs - in terms of lighting, lenses, steady-cams, glide-cams, dollies, wardrobe, makeup (especially zombie makeup), location shooting permits, props, set dressing, etc.... Unless they owned all of that already - I sincerely doubt that this didn't cost something grand out of someone's pocket. Plus, are you aware of how many HOURS it probably took post-production to color correct, sound design, and create graphics for this thing?

Sure - it was a labor of love. A non-profit short film. However - it still bothers me that someone with money threw it away to create something penned by a toddler. It just seems like a complete waste of a LOT of peoples' stellar work... even if they did do for fun.

This just may be me being bitter living in Hollywood and seeing the type of money thrown around on insipid, completely horrible projects. *shrug*
    Last edited by Torgo; 01-06-2012 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Yeah, I sound like the Grinch. Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't see this come up anywhere else, but Trent was on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic again before TGWTDT came out. http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/m...19trent_reznor

Highlights:
    • Trent was involved at least a little bit with the marketing of the movie. As Trent puts it: "We had a few think tanks where a few smart people showed up together and I showed up too."
    • Trent addresses playing his scores live. It's a possibility but no concrete details.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    We're In This Together is used in the trailer for the Avengers! I mention it because it's one of my favorite NIN songs and the trailer exposes tons of people to NIN. The music really pumps up the trailer. This was during the previews before the main film, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (Vancouver, Canada).
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 01-07-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Didn't see this come up anywhere else, but Trent was on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic again before TGWTDT came out. http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/m...19trent_reznor

Highlights:
    • Trent was involved at least a little bit with the marketing of the movie. As Trent puts it: "We had a few think tanks where a few smart people showed up together and I showed up too."
    • Trent addresses playing his scores live. It's a possibility but no concrete details.
    I'm not surprised on that first highlight. 42 Entertainment is thanked in the liner notes of the soundtrack, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's how the whole prop giveaway came about.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post

Highlights:
    Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed this interview: I love that he mentions both The Chemical Brothers and Cliff Martinez in terms of recent unconventional scores. Both of those parties turned in stellar work this year for Hanna and Drive. I also love that he predicts the How To Destroy Angels LP will blow our minds - I wouldn't be surprised. Can't wait for it.

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly, which is also the second Dragon Tattoo cover story the magazine has ran, discusses Rooney Mara's tough Oscar competition. "The movie's best shot at a nod? Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' mesmerizing score." Right on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Edit: The description of the video leads me to believe that you guys knew about this already.
    Last edited by Riley; 01-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

New Billboard Interview

Just tweeted about this to NINHotline...

New Billboard interview with Trent

Writing new NIN material! The real interesting thing is that he says it could have been under a new name; makes me wonder what kind of musical direction this new material was going for him to consider not releasing it under NIN.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    ^ deserves its own thread dammut!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    This is clearly Year Zero viral marketing, yeah?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    This is clearly Year Zero viral marketing, yeah?
    No, too low rate and too full of SEO

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    NIN is not listed on the Nasty Little Man site anymore. What happened? Did I miss something?
    http://www.nastylittleman.com/

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    NIN is not listed on the Nasty Little Man site anymore. What happened? Did I miss something?
    http://www.nastylittleman.com/
    http://www.nastylittleman.com/clients/nine-inch-nails/ They're still there but not listed - a band that doesn't tour doesn't need to be on the sidebar for a tour promoter

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Ghosts music used in a video promoting Creative Commons. http://creativecommons.org/videos/a-shared-culture

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    http://www.stopthewall.us/artists/

Trent listed/signed in the letter.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Is there a NIN cover thread?

I hadn't heard about this before tonight.

http://<a href="http://www.youtube.c...UtlqqjnKHE</a>

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)