Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    The quotes in that story sound nothing like TR. It's as if the reporter filled in holes in her notes with stuff that she "remembered" him saying. Or something.
    The Sun is a UK tabloid newspaper - there is a whole government innquiry going on into tabloid newspapers / phone hacking etc in the UK called the Leveson inquiry - from what has come out in that, it wouldn't surprise me if it was totally made up!

Spotting - Hurt cover by Leona Lewis - bit swanky, full band etc but personally I don't find covers that offensive

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    The Sun is a UK tabloid newspaper - there is a whole government innquiry going on into tabloid newspapers / phone hacking etc in the UK called the Leveson inquiry - from what has come out in that, it wouldn't surprise me if it was totally made up!

Spotting - Hurt cover by Leona Lewis - bit swanky, full band etc but personally I don't find covers that offensive
    Ha at point #1
    Point #2, there's already a thread on the forum about it, plus, that's a sped up version so to avoid the copyright...
    I know I'm going against the rules here, wasn't it just NIN spots only on here, no comments?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^thanks for letting me know about the thread of the cover, hadn't seen it, the idea of Leona Lewis singing about Empires of Dirt to the Royal Family has just made my day (I'm not a royalist!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    More Trent spotting?
    LA Times interview

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Half listening to Mastermind on BBC2 and a general knowledge question was who won the Oscar for the Social Network soundtrack - although the guy only said Trent Reznor, not Atticus but I wasn't sure how the question was phrased (ie could have been phrased in such a way that only one name needed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisbeth View Post
    TR/AR weren't nominated for a Grammy for TSN. ::snort::

New Grammy rules set off more grumbling

latimesblogs.latimes.com

Veteran talent manager and former record executive Jim Guerinot, whose clients include Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor, noted that Reznor won the Oscar for his score for the movie “The Social Network” but didn't make the Grammy nomination list.

“Today it was opening my paper and seeing that the guy who won the Golden Globe and the Academy Award for best score didn't even get nominated.… I don't know what they've done to improve the process” with this year's changes, Guerinot said. “The Grammys have led with their chin for 30 years, and they're not going to stop now. It's what they do.”

I know go figure! Like when Jethro Tull won fro best Metal Performance. The Grammy's are losers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Pretty sure people have seen this Antiquiet article... but serious kudos to whoever snapped that pic. It's ace.
    Thank you very much. I took that photo while on house arrest for leaking Chinese Democracy.

(Edit: rest are here... pretty proud of some. http://www.antiquiet.com/features/sh...l-show-review/)
    Last edited by Skwerl; 12-09-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There's an interview with TR over at The Hollywood Reporter. Some new stuff, including comments on what happened with One Hour Photo.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    There's a long lead-in to the main Hollywood Reporter article here: Trent Reznor on Relating to 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Darkness; Why Grammys are 'Rigged and Cheap'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The Wall Street Journal is getting in on the act - article about TR/AR creating TGWTDT score.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Newspaper Metro in Sweden reviewed Dragon Tattoo yesterday. They gave it 4/5 stars and mentioned THA MUSIIIIIIIC! Said that one will notice the director's trademarks in, among other things, "the dark undertones, which, like Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's music, chafe against the impression of superficial perfectionism."
    The reviewer also mentioned the NIN shirt of legend. Exclamation point and all. Methinks she's a fan.
    Last edited by ratexla; 12-16-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by "Eric Avery
    unfortunately not. but if u see him tell him id like to.RT @chadmaslanka: @ericavery have u and Trent ever teamed up?
    Someone find Trent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On Yahoo, Trent Reznor is listed on "Trending Now" at number 02. I just thought it was awesome to see.
    Last edited by peanoot3; 12-18-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    IGN: The 25 Best Rock Albums Of The Last Decade
    http://music.ign.com/articles/121/1213744p2.html

Nine Inch Nails: Year Zero
    Original Release Date: April 17, 2007

Long before he was 'Oscar winner' Trent Reznor, he was 'ass-kicker' Trent Reznor. From the grumbling stomp of "The Beginning Of The End" to the breathy anguish in the tangled beats and chimes of "The Good Soldier", this is Nine Inch Nails' most rewarding effort in years. The itchy, rusted sounds layered through Reznor's manic voice on "Me, I'm Not" and the politically charged "Capital G", with marching vocals and gritty guitar, join with the twisted grind of "Meet Your Master" to create an engaging album from start to finish.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HTDA spotting: A handful of major Swedish newspapers (or at least their online versions) ran blurbs (pretty identical) about HTDA:s album plans, based on the Rolling Stone article. I thought about how Trent said in some recent interview that it's harder than you imagine for your Twitter voice "to be heard in, say, France." But now a few more foreign peoplez will know... and remember... and seek out the album!
    Last edited by ratexla; 12-18-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Feel like spending the next 40 minutes listening to probably the most awkward Trent interview in a long while?
    http://www.npr.org/2011/12/19/143834...-air-interview

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Feel like spending the next 40 minutes listening to probably the most awkward Trent interview in a long while?
    http://www.npr.org/2011/12/19/143834...-air-interview
    Dude, that's the legendary TERRY GROSS OF FRESH AIR. Trent's career has reached its pinnacle, now! (It's important to remember Gross's audience.)
    Last edited by allegro; 12-19-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    There's a long lead-in to the main Hollywood Reporter article here: Trent Reznor on Relating to 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' Darkness; Why Grammys are 'Rigged and Cheap'
    I'm glad he finally said something about what happened with One Hour Photo:

"In 2001, Reznor was recruited by director Mark Romanek, who had worked on NIN videos “Closer” and “The Perfect Drug,” to compose music for the indie thriller One Hour Photo, starring Robin Williams. Reznor submitted several compositions, but none made it into the movie. “I remember there was an issue with the studio trusting someone who had never scored a film before, so that was the end of that,” he says, recalling the sting of rejection by Fox Searchlight. “But the way I choose to see things in my own life, I was getting into a pretty bad space. I was an addict and not functioning very well at that time. So I’m kind of grateful it didn’t come together because I couldn’t have done my best work then.” Whether his first film fail came before or after hitting rock bottom, Reznor can’t recall, but he says, “It was another brick in the wall of, ‘Hey, you need to get your shit together.’ ” He got sober that summer and has been clean for 10 years."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Great interview with David Fincher on comingsoon.net. They talk quite a bit about Trent and the way he works. Funny how Trent always calls Fincher a perfectionist and the same being said about Trent by Fincher.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85249

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Left 4 Dead fan made short film uses HTDA remix:

Edit: And trolls you at around 6:20

Last edited by BipolarMike; 12-20-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    New thingy with The Graudian, notable quote:
    He has also been approached to direct his first movie, and is developing a 10-part HBO mini-series very loosely inspired by his 2007 album Year Zero, a dystopian protest record – although he's having problems finding the right screenwriter.
    "I chose not to write it myself because I don't know how to do that. But now I'm thinking I should have." He shrugs happily. "Somebody's got to do it, right? How hard can it be?"
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011...?newsfeed=true

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^ I'll reserve judgement on that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarMike View Post
    Left 4 Dead fan made short film uses HTDA remix:

Edit: And trolls you at around 6:20

Who the fuck has money to throw around to produce something like that? The production is sound (and pretty stellar, at that), but the plot seems to have been written by a 13 year old.

"and then mster chief comes in n blows off their heads, boom headshot! hahah pwn n00b zombays"

Really...?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post

Who the fuck has money to throw around to produce something like that? The production is sound (and pretty stellar, at that), but the plot seems to have been written by a 13 year old.

"and then mster chief comes in n blows off their heads, boom headshot! hahah pwn n00b zombays"

Really...?
    Indeed. I wish their money was used to make an actually good L4D movie, all the ones I've seen so far are just terrible.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Last edited by botley; 12-25-2011 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I know this may seem a little dated, but I still wanted it to share it with you guys since ETS was down when it was published. It's a piece about listening to Year Zero in Tehran.

Art Is Resistance: Listening to Nine Inch Nails' 'Year Zero' in Tehran
    Last edited by Morad; 12-30-2011 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    If he did write it, he'd win the award for "Greatest Amount of Usage of the Word "Fuck" in A Single Television Show".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nothing really interesting here but I found this amusing.

http://www.wired.com/relicwranglers/...eworms-studio/

I like how their concept of "recently" can apparently mean a decade ago.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ætche View Post
    Nothing really interesting here but I found this amusing.

http://www.wired.com/relicwranglers/...eworms-studio/

I like how their concept of "recently" can apparently mean a decade ago.
    In one of the links in that post, he refers to APC as Tool. If this dude wants info on Tapeworm, I'm pretty sure that I know about all there is publicly available to know about Tapeworm, no wrangling necessary. I'd reply to his posts but I don't really feel like creating a Wordpress account.