Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2012

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    http://popispersonal.tumblr.com/

There's a bunch of NIN/Manson photos there by Joseph Cultice. I'm not sure how many, if any at all, are 'never before seen', but there were some unknown Manson ones there. You guys might be interested.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 07-29-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Thanks for that link!

Saw that picture ages ago and couldn't find it ever since. Some really great stuff on that site, not just of Trent and Manson.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Best NIN-related thing I've seen here in a while, THANX!!

EDIT: Man, those MOTP Making of photos ... !!
    Last edited by opal; 07-29-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I love this pic... maybe even more than the one used for the album cover. The subtle smirk is great. Also, note the nipples.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The photo nerd and NIN nerd in me are having an orgy on that site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Minor spotting in this month's Q magazine, in an article about premium tickets
    That is from the KC show. I actually *think* i emailed her that picture as she couldn't get it off the website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Charlie Clouser was on Pensado's Place today -- they haven't posted the episode up yet, but probably will in the next few days:
    http://www.pensadosplace.tv/

EDIT:
    episode is up: http://www.pensadosplace.tv/2012/07/...ucer-composer/

pretty interesting stuff, lots of nin-talk
    That question about Charlie's work on Nine Inch Nails' song Animal. Seriously? The depths of the internet at your fingertips and you can't get the name of a song correct?

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Charlie Clouser was on Pensado's Place today -- they haven't posted the episode up yet, but probably will in the next few days:http://www.pensadosplace.tv/EDIT:episode is up: http://www.pensadosplace.tv/2012/07/...ucer-composer/pretty interesting stuff, lots of nin-talk
    This was interesting. Autotune on the theremin... ha!The Clouser part starts here for anyone lazy, like me: youtube.com/watch?v=xctWJjnUrjE&feature=player_detailpage#t=12 29s
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 07-31-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wow, saw the Clouser interview just now. While I don't know much about synths and the making of electronic music this was a great interview Nice to see him talk and ramble on for so long. I acutally really miss him in the NIN camp right now. He should have had a go on some song at the farewell shows. But at least Danny was invited.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who was kinda put off by the interviewers in that video with Clouser? It was like they wouldn't let him finish his stories before moving onto the next question. I ended the video with 17min left because it became so frustrating to listen to...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On reddit, there's a thread discussing the fact that Trent was flattered by Cash's cover of 'Hurt,' and this particular story made me laugh pretty hard:

Here's a true story.This song came out the day I had my wisdom teeth removed. I had come home and gone to bed, as the drugs had just completely floored me. I finally started to come to about 2 AM and started to hear this opening progression that I recognized (i had left my tv on). When I heard the lyrics, I was like, "cool. I love this song."

When I finally was able to look at the screen, somewhere through that wall of painkillers, I wasn't able to discern that it was Johnny Cash. Outside of any real logic that could take place, the only thing my mind could put together was that I'd slept for 50 years, and this was Trent Reznor performing his own music as an old man who was preparing to die.

I sort of freaked out and called a bunch of people, and no one was answering because of how late it was, and this was in an era that people didn't have their cell phones on them 24-7 (strange, right?). Still to this day, I'm tortured by the voicemails I left my friends. "What year is it? What happened to you? Why aren't you answering?!"

TL;DR Took vicodin, thought I time-travelled thanks to Johnny Cash.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That totally sounds like a Sesquipedalism story.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yahtzee (Zero Punctuation) has a stereotypical angsty teen character with NIN on his shirt in his latest game review video (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...ing-Spider-Man). On for about a second at 1:09.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Came across this today:

http://psychicteensnetwork.bandcamp.com/album/halo

A covers EP from Psychic Teens, free download, of 5 tracks from TDS, Broken and PHM. It's all one take stuff with a somewhat punk angle. Not the worse covers of NIN I've heard. There are some good moments, they could probably take one and really nail it down in the studio and it'd sound really nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A REALLY obscure spotting, but this old rejected script for Freddy vs Jason features a character called Jack Reznor.
    About 1/4 of the way in,
    It was a dream...a weird nightmare. A GROUP of BLACK YOUTHS are standing of to one side, incongruously playing a "NIN" song LOUDLY on their boom-box.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In this months MOJO magazine, with David Bowie on the cover, they have a definitive list of their 50 best Electronic albums of all time.

The Downward Spiral is in there, the list is quite well done, and spans from 1956-2012.
    Downward Spiral is 1 of 5 electronic records they chose from the 1990s along with Air, Aphex Twin, and The KLF. Considering how many electronica records came out that decade that's real priase. Other artists such as Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Throbbing Gristle, Donna Summer, Brian Eno are in the list too, its well thought out.
    MOJO does not do lists too often. And its critics are usually really good writers. Its also biggest selling music magazine in UK and Europe so its a nice compliment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    I love this pic... maybe even more than the one used for the album cover. The subtle smirk is great. Also, note the nipples.
    This picture is great. A pic with breasts and penis would be funny too

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Some dude at TYT praises Radiohead for their In Rainbows stunt and says "Trent Reznor got screwed when he tried to follow in their [Radiohead] footsteps".

22 mins into the video

Also, Billy Corgan tries to seem relevant by realizing that "the album is dead" as a format in 2012. Welcome to last decade...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    "Mr.Selfdestruct" in "Alphas" last episode.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    1994 Was The Awesomest Year For Music

"Veruca Salt, Weezer, Green Day, Nine Inch Nails, Tori Amos, R.E.M., Beastie Boys and Beck scored idiosyncratic hits."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    3 Woodstock photos are now posted, which I'm pretty sure haven't been there before. Here's one of them.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Jesus, he took all those Aphex Twin photos too?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Are they wearing lipstick in this photo? http://popispersonal.tumblr.com/image/22265929074

Also, from Justin's Twitter:

"Surreal. Was here with NIN three years ago. Coming full circle tonight." http://instagram.com/p/OFV5BjtuAy/
    Last edited by wizfan; 08-08-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Jesus, he took all those Aphex Twin photos too?
    As far as I can tell, this man was the only music photographer to exist in the 90s

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    3 Woodstock photos are now posted, which I'm pretty sure haven't been there before. Here's one of them.

Nearly stereoscopic.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Nearly stereoscopic.
    i just magic-eyed that sucker and it was like trent was jumping out of my computer screen to cover me in mud.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I can cross my eyes and focus on the middle image.

I realized I can do that when I was a bit inebriated one night and I was looking at the stereoscopic images for TOOL's Vicarious DVD. ...I couldn't figure out why it was so hard to see them (I wasn't using the lenses).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm just reading my way through this at the moment http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...tread/8683407/ (indulging in some Sci-fi nerdom). I knew the author was a bit of a fan of Trent because he tweeted while writing the book that he was listening to The Social Network Soundtrack but what did I come across about way the way through the book but a reference to a 'Captain Reznor' described as having 'a hawkish face framed by long black hair' ...coincidence I think not. Also possibly the weirdest little cameo Trent has had in a while.
    Last edited by ajp100688; 08-12-2012 at 10:55 PM.