Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Upcoming Trent Reznor "Hard Drive" Radio Show Interview ALL WEEK LONG

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Like... ever?
    More context, plz.

After listening to this VVVVVVV Oh, Hazekiah, congrats on taking that so incredibly far out of context.
    Haha, HAD TO BE DONE.

I figured the people who care would click through to hear the full comment only to receive a pleasant surprise while, likewise, people who hate on latter-day NIN wouldn't get the good news they don't deserve anyway.

Good times!

:D

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I had a bad dream of The Slip being the last album because of what you wrote.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Haha, HAD TO BE DONE.

I figured the people who care would click through to hear the full comment only to receive a pleasant surprise while, likewise, people who hate on latter-day NIN wouldn't get the good news they don't deserve anyway.

Good times!

For future reference, I had no idea there was a link in all that huge and colored text-craziness that you posted.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    For future reference, I didn't change the font-color...that's what links look like on these boards.

Breaking news on "Hard Drive" tonight from the mouth of Trent Reznor himself:

And it's not nice to call them "colored," you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yo the fuck is this

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    For those of us who don't have the time to download a zip file, rip it, and listen, can you just tell us what was said?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    someone is clearly meant to work in a tabloid

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    For those of us who don't have the time to download a zip file, rip it, and listen, can you just tell us what was said?
    It's nothing new. There's no clear indication that there won't be new NIN. For all we know he's working on material right now.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    It's nothing new. There's no clear indication that there won't be new NIN. For all we know he's working on material right now.
    I was under the impression he'd already confirmed he's working on new NIN this year

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I was under the impression he'd already confirmed he's working on new NIN this year
    Yeah, I was paraphrasing what was said in the interview snippet. But most of all--it is nothing new.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    And that's exactly what the interview (which I believe we've already heard broadcast somewhere else) said.

"I'm going to be writing for Nine Inch Nails this year. It's one of the things I am going to go. I don't have any particular goal in mind other than, I think the rest that I've given my voice as a songwriter has fueled a need to speak up, partly work out a little bit to not atrophy. And I feel motivated. I think I have something to say that feels unique to who I am right now. And that's when it tells me, OK, it's time to do something. And I thought that I ought to maybe do it under a different name or just under my own name. But I think, at the moment, it's going to live in the Nine Inch Nails column for a few reasons. Because I kind of enjoy the challenge of moving that kind of brand forward, that identity, of shaping it to who I am now, of who I was a few years ago when I last left off. We'll see. I mean, it's all kind of hypothetical right now. When I sit down with a notebook and a little mini recorder is when my bluff will be called. And then it may not happen at all."
    Last edited by jessamineny; 03-24-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    that's an exact quote from the long-ass interview which was mostly on TDWTDT, a link to full transcript was posted somewhere on the board a couple weeks back

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Nothing...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Null.

Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Sorry, I'm not very techie so it was already enough of a time-consuming hassle to listen, tape it, transfer the tape to a computer, and then zip and upload the resultant file that I was just plain too damned tired and/or drunk to bother with it any further and just left it As Is before finally quitting for the night immediately after posting.

Normally, I totally would've transcribed it right off the bat, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    And that's exactly what the interview (which I believe we've already heard broadcast somewhere else) said.

"I'm going to be writing for Nine Inch Nails this year. It's one of the things I am going to do. I don't have any particular goal in mind other than, I think the rest that I've given my voice as a songwriter has fueled the need to speak up or at least work out a little bit to not atrophy. And I feel motivated. I think I have something to say that feels unique to who I am right now. And that's when it tells me, OK, it's time to do something. And I thought for a while to maybe do it under a different name or just under my own name. But I think, at the moment, it's going to live in the Nine Inch Nails column for a few reasons. Because I kind of enjoy the challenge of moving that kind of brand forward, that identity, of shaping it to who I am now, instead of who I was a few years ago when I last left off. We'll see. I mean, it's all kind of hypothetical right now. When I sit down with a notebook and a little mini recorder is when my bluff will be called. And then it may not happen at all."
    Fixed.

But, yeah, that was a great transcription otherwise, thanks!

Much obliged.

Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    I had a bad dream of The Slip being the last album because of what you wrote.
    Haha...GOTCHA!

If it makes you feel any better, I actually had a dream (nightmare?) about this overnight myself, wherein I was being harassed for the lossy file format and not posting the lineage along with the clip.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    here's the TR speech compressed and without Closer song that everyone heard 1000 times
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/g35kd9
    (filename inspired by what Hazekiah wrote :))
    Thanks for carrying on the tradition, lol.

And I figured it was only one song so it wasn't too big a deal. It was just TOO damned funny that they started playing "Closer," of all songs, before he could even finish the sentence about moving NIN forward. Ha! Good one. I absolutely had to leave it in!

:D

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Sorry, I'm not very techie so it was already enough of a time-consuming hassle to listen, tape it, transfer the tape to a computer, and then zip and upload the resultant file that I was just plain too damned tired and/or drunk to bother with it any further and just left it As Is before finally quitting for the night immediately after posting.

Normally, I totally would've transcribed it right off the bat, I promise.
    You only had time to deliberately mislead everyone? According to your tone on this page, you were enjoying fucking with those of us who didn't have time to listen to it ourselves. I've been coming to this thread when I wake up and again when I go to bed to see if anything important had been said, and up to this point I was loving how much effort you were putting into letting us know what was up. Until you pulled that stunt. Do we have a shitlist on the new ETS?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yeah seriously, as much as a lot of us appreciate you putting up with the stupid radio show yanking us along for a week, throwing up an audio link and implying that Trent said "WELL NIN MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN" with absolutely no context is the shittiest thing you could do.

What I get from the transcription (thanks jessamineny) is that Trent is writing with NIN in mind, but whatever he writes might end up being scrapped in favor of something else, or might just go to another project, but that NIN is probably the most likely option for the music.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    And I'VE enjoyed the experience, a few rude assholes in this thread notwithstanding.

I was simply explaining that I only had so much time to screw with it before I had to catch some sleep myself and why I didn't go into a verbatim transcription or even the summaries I'd made of the previous installments. That takes TIME, and all that time and energy was devoted to actually letting people hear the excerpt for themselves this time around, which was more than a bit of a pain in the ass for someone who's "not a techie," such as myself. It took forever and was a massive exercise in frustration; I barely held on long enough to wait for the damned thing to upload the billionth time I tried.

In short, I assumed the clip would speak for itself and that anyone who cared enough about the details would simply play the damned thing if they wanted to know wtf was going on. That was kind of the whole idea going through all that trouble in the first place, after all.

Like I've already explained:

Pretty staightforward.

Not exactly "fucking with those of you who didn't have time to listen to it yourselves" either, btw. If you got your panties in a twist without even hearing something in its proper context when it was supplied for you in the very same sentence then you have no one to blame but yourself. It was a thirty second answer and the audio was RIGHT there. Maybe you should think about calming down and collecting yourself before blowing a fuse over nothing next time. Or maybe you should relax a little and try to enjoy a nice, relieving surprise occasionally. Did the world end? Did Trent destroy NIN for all time? Do I need to kiss your boo-boo? No, no, and no? You just got some free audio of Trent Reznor confirming he intends to work on new NIN instead? That's awesome! Glad to hear it! What a beautiful day it is outside!

And you're welcome for the audio I provided, btw.

Enjoy.

:)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Bwaaaaah
    You purposefully mislead people because you weren't hearing the thanks you wanted for keeping us up to date on the interview.
    I'm done, so sorry you got all flustered and typed all of that up for nothing.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Hazekiah, move away from the keyboard.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    What? I got thanks, I gave thanks, I responded to thanks, I even "Like"-ed thanks. Even people who offered thanks still had to click the link and even people who were rude assholes still got to hear the audio.

Please don't tell me I actually do need to kiss your boo-boo over this.

:-\

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Seriously, step away from the keyboard.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    How about you guys stop being whiny babies?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A pretty small deal somehow turned into a big deal. I love magic!!

I think this is blown way out of frame.

Some people kinda just hate you, Hazekiah. Yeah, man.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Clearly, we're done here.