Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Trent Reznor "Hard Drive" Radio Show Interview ALL WEEK LONG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i think Reznor will air the first single off of the album on the show today.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bloom View Post
    i think Reznor will air the first single off of the album on the show today.
    God I really hope you're right - I've got to wait till tomorrow UK time for this now!

Thanks Hazekiah for the info and listening, really hope the radio show has the interview streaming afterwards

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The most recent post on the HardDrive Radio facebook page would indicate that Trent will not be the guest tonight.

From facebook:
    TONIGHT ON THE SHOW: Featured Artist of The Week - Nine Inch Nails! Special Guest - My Darkest Days! Roxy has your latest music news, during DIRT! Got a question, rant, or want to make a request? Call Lou Brutus, toll-free, at 877-Music-11!

Just says "featured artist of the week". . .

Edit:

There is also a banner that continually refreshes at the Hard Drive Radio site that has Trent listed with other artists and the dates March 24th & 25th.
    Last edited by NIN64; 03-20-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    The most recent post on the HardDrive Radio facebook page would indicate that Trent will not be the guest tonight.

From facebook:
    TONIGHT ON THE SHOW: Featured Artist of The Week - Nine Inch Nails! Special Guest - My Darkest Days! Roxy has your latest music news, during DIRT! Got a question, rant, or want to make a request? Call Lou Brutus, toll-free, at 877-Music-11!

Just says "featured artist of the week". . .

Edit:

There is also a banner that continually refreshes at the Hard Drive Radio site that has Trent listed with other artists and the dates March 24th & 25th.
    The information provided here clearly points to an interview dispersed throughout the week.

Just in case they change the link after the fact (if something's changed):
    Week of 03/19

MONDAY March 19 We’ve got featured artist of the week, NINE INCH NAILS,and special guest DARK NEW DAY hanging with Lou tonight! You make the decision between two new songs from two “deadly” bands in SMASH OR CRASH! This week, it's between DEAD LETTER CIRCUS and DEAD SARA! LOU BRUTUS will share some quirky rhymes in POETRY CORNER, vent his irritations during RANT OF THE DAY, and introduce you to some sites to keep you busy with IT CAME FROM THE WEB! Plus, a movie review unlike any you’ve ever heard, in FRACTURED FILMS! Be there TONIGHT! www.harddriveradio.com www.facebook.com/harddriveradio

TUESDAY March 20 – LOU BRUTUS has more tonight with featured artist NINE INCH NAILS and special guest MY DARKEST DAYS! Lou gets you caught up with the latest in the gaming world, with ARE YOU GAME? Which bands are breaking up, releasing new records, and coming to town?!...ROXY will fill you in with some DIRT! Call LOU at 877 MUSIC 11!www.facebook.com/harddriveradio

WEDNESDAY March 21 – LOU BRUTUS is chatting some more with featured artist NINE INCH NAILS, and getting you the latest with tonight’s special guest CHEVELLE! No one wants to hear news that will ruin your day!...We’ve got some news stories that will make you pee your pants with laughter, in tonight's WEIRD WORLD NEWS! In FRACTURED FILMS, you’ll be entertained by a movie review with a twisted stoner-like take on them! That and a whole bunch more, on the XL! www.harddriveradio.com! www.facebook.com/harddriveradio

THURSDAY March 22 – Featured artist NINE INCH NAILS and special guest BLACK VEIL BRIDESgrace the airwaves tonight on the XL! ROXY will give you all the rock music news you need to know, in XL DIRT! Plus, LOU BRUTUS' got the best entertainment that you can’t get anywhere else! Hit him up at www.harddriveradio.com or hit our www.facebook.com/harddriveradio!

FRIDAY March 23 – Finish your work week with the best rock and rock star interviews with NINE INCH NAILS and FOXY SHAZAM! Going to check out the new movie releases? Lou has his recommendations of the best ones to check out this weekend, in FLIX PIX! LZZY HALE ofHALESTORM answers your personal questions, in ASK LZZY! Add these pages to your ‘Favorites,’ and stay up to date with the latest in rock!: www.harddriveradio.com andwww.facebook.com/harddriveradio!

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ That's what I've been thinkin', too...thanks for doing all that legwork!

On a related note, I've got a pal on suicide watch all of a sudden and have to skip out for a couple hours right now to go help. I made a bunch of requests and dedications and left potential questions on that hotline last night and it would be MASSIVELY appreciated if anyone out there could record the episode for me somehow! I'll find SOME way to make it worth your while, I promise!

:-\

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So...I guess I haven't missed it yet then?

My pal's okay and I left just in time to hear "The Dope Show," but nothing much else of note has happened yet, right?

Well, I'm listening now anyway.

:)

EDIT: So did I miss something earlier? I only heard the last hour-and-a-half or so but I'm worried they might've pulled the same shit again and simply mentioned him at the end of the episode, lol.

I did get to hear them promote Manson's appearance with Rammstein and the release date of Born Villain at least, I guess.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-21-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I started listening to XL last night right at 9 pm (CST) on the Abliene, TX station (from website). They played some song, then introduced Trent, then asked if he read the Dragon Tattoo book and scoring. He gave an answer that we all heard a million times. The DJ then played Closer, then I think System of a Down. I couldn't take it anymore, so I turned it off. It seemed to be pre-recorder stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged View Post
    I started listening to XL last night right at 9 pm (CST) on the Abliene, TX station (from website). They played some song, then introduced Trent, then asked if he read the Dragon Tattoo book and scoring. He gave an answer that we all heard a million times. The DJ then played Closer, then I think System of a Down. I couldn't take it anymore, so I turned it off. It seemed to be pre-recorder stuff.
    Thats disappointing. I understand giving interviews your going to repeat stuff (interviewer and interviewee) but can't some interviewers do SOME research if they're getting talent on the show? Come on, "did you read TGWTDT" and more questions about scoring? Its been covered ad nauseam as of late. I understand this is the case with TR, or any famous person for that matter, you'll get repeat question after repeat question, but come on, you dont have to search hard to find out he has a new album coming out! Plus with the lack of interviews as of late, why wouldn't you jump at the chance to have some "breaking" news?

Ugh, sorry just venting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    likely a canned interview recorded 3 months ago. . .

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Well, not a peep about Trent Reznor yet tonight but they just started playing "I Don't Like the Drugs (But the Drugs Like Me)" so at least it's all worthwhile already.

EDIT: And it was the uncensored album version, no less!!! And then they mentioned Trent Reznor coming up later, played some other shit, and then "Smells Like Teen Spirit." Just keeping you updated.

Haha, they just had a commercial on the local station where this local franchisee started pimping himself out and he started with "Hi, I'M RANDY HERPEL, OWNER OF LUBEMASTER AND I'D LIKE TO INVITE YOU..." and I didn't hear the rest 'cause I was too busy LOLLING about as loud as I ever have in my entire goddamned life.

Ahh, good show tonight.

Oh, jebus, I just heard it again. Their slogan is actually, "Where we treat YOURS like it was OURS," lol. And ZOMFG his satisfied customer who's a female nurse assures us that, "IN BETWEEN 'normal' maintenance, Lube Master goes ABOVE AND BEYOND," ahahahahaha.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-22-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So they just did the 30 second "Featured Artist" thing with Trent Reznor, and it was definitely a "canned interview," lol.

I don't remember the question that probably wasn't asked anyway, but Trent talked about how preparing the music for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo so early in the process gave Fincher and his editors the freedom to try different ways to edit around it but that it was more challenging for Trent and Atticus because afterward they had to write final music for scenes which had already had 5 pieces of music laid over them, and then how they'd made music like set dressing which would fit in the world Fincher was making before they had to go back and make it work.

Or something like that.

Then the host mentioned later that one of his favorite bits of NIN trivia is that The Downward Spiral was recorded in the Tate mansion and that Reznor didn't know which house it was when he bought it, but then took the door when they were going to tear the place down and that now it's the door to the studio in New Orleans.

Do we even know for sure if that's still true? Just made me wonder.

Anyway, the host mentioned there's more Trent coming up on tomorrow's show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    you are very annoying

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    You're welcome.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    you are very annoying
    Hey...mother...fucker.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emptydesk View Post
    you are very annoying
    You think this is bad? You should see his posts in the Marilyn Manson thread. Bold size 20 font screaming and yelling in the middle of the page.

At least these posts are informative, who wants to sit there listening to a radio station for a week just to see if they are actually going to keep their word and have Trent on. This station seems to be run by monkeys from what I am reading here.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks Hazekiah.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    So, basically, the "interview" consists of 30 second snippets spread out over the week, covering questions and topics that have been retread a million times. Is that about it?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That sounds so famil— ohhhh... *NOW* I remember what radio is.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    So, basically, the "interview" consists of 30 second snippets spread out over the week, covering questions and topics that have been retread a million times. Is that about it?

Hey not bad, I hope they ask him how he got the name Nine Inch Nails. Ive been waiting for that one to be explained forever.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Ugh. You know how this board won't let you post if your post consists of less than ten characters? I'm totally looking into code preventing single-image replies. We can do better than that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Ugh. You know how this board won't let you post if your post consists of less than ten characters? I'm totally looking into code preventing single-image replies. We can do better than that.
    Are you able to make exceptions for certain threads, especially those in SYM like Random Stupidity, N&V, Hot people, etc.?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Auto-redirect to 4chan maybe?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    While it certainly seems like the prize wasn't quite worth the chase this time around, I appreciate the effort Hazekiah has put into this. Everything pointed to this being a decent lead and if it had been a revealing interview providing new information, everyone would be begging for an audio recording.

Case in point, the following items would not likely be in circulation now if some particularly unlikely leads weren't chased:
    • Night of Nothing, Irving Plaza live video
    • Closer (behind the scenes footage)
    • WITT (Mark Pellington Edit) music video
    • Into The Void (Walter Stern Edit) music video
    • Last (Butch Vig remix)
    So thanks for putting the time in.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    ^ Thanks for the support! I'd hate to have simply passed the info along and put it off on everyone else to follow-up on it. Especially since it's so many hours of listening each night! And it was nice to be able to provide a bit of a scoop for everyone, even such as it was. Glad to help in any way I can.

Plus, I'm old enough that I still remember the days when it was a big deal to hear a random single from NIN hit the airwaves, let alone pieces of an actual interview! Different times, I guess. Hell, I used to scour the binders of order forms for upcoming releases every time I dropped in a music store just in case they were cranking out another single or e.p. somewhere or something, and even watched the Grammy Awards start-to-finish just in case Trent Reznor was there only to see the announcement of his winning for "Wish" scroll by in text at the end of the show. And I was still excited just for that!

I know it's all a bit more of a "gimme" now, but it's still worth tuning in to check...you never know.

Anyway, last night they played another interview snippet on "Hard Drive."

This time he talked about "Immigrant Song" specifically, mentioning that David Fincher approached him with idea of doing that song in the first place, also suggesting female vocals for the track. Reznor then pointed out that he's learned not to immediately turn down ideas so he started down the long road of getting to a finished song purely out of trust in Fincher, not knowing then whether it would be for the end credits or opening titles or what, and at the end of it he had a great song he never would have embarked upon on his own, so we should chalk that one up to Fincher.

Then they played "Head Like a Hole" and that was pretty much it for NIN for the night.

Although the host mentioned another appearance from Trent Reznor is still coming up on tonight's show, of course. And they also mentioned Manson's performance with Rammstein and the upcoming release of Born Villain before playing "No Reflection," after already playing the radio edit of "The Beautiful People" earlier, so it was still a pretty fun episode.

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I should clarify that the host didn't bring up that bit of trivia as a part of the interview, he just mentioned it as a quick aside between songs several minutes following the brief audio snippet of Trent Reznor talking about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, after they'd played "The Hand That Feeds" and gone to commercial and come back.

Speaking of which, is that front door from the Tate mansion still down in New Orleans or did he take it with him again when he moved? Still curious if there was ever anything further said about that.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Breaking news on "Hard Drive" tonight from the mouth of Trent Reznor himself:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ah fuck.

-
    Wait what?
    Last edited by Amaro; 03-24-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What a bummer
    But a new album from HTDA this year and a new album from NIN... to be honest

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Like... ever?
    More context, plz.

After listening to this VVVVVVV Oh, Hazekiah, congrats on taking that so incredibly far out of context.
    Last edited by jessamineny; 03-24-2012 at 07:07 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    here's the TR speech compressed and without Closer song that everyone heard 1000 times
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/g35kd9
    (filename inspired by what Hazekiah wrote )
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 03-24-2012 at 07:46 AM.