Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mortal Kombat

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Represent. Smoke's been my main when available since MK3. The day the issue of Tips & Tricks came out with the Human Smoke code in it, I ran to the arcade to try it out. Freaked the hell out of the guy I fought.
    I know man! It still amazes people till this day that robot Smoke can go human. I probably read that same issue too, I remember reading that Human Smoke had a fatality too and the guy who played with me could not believe it when I did it to him.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Here's a quick bit of trivia for you: there was a revision of Ultimate MK3 released in Chicago around the Midway HQ called UMK3 Wavenet; it used T1 lines connected to the Chicago HQ for network play. There were a bunch of balancing changes and Noob Saibot was selectable by performing the Human Smoke code after selecting Kano. He had his teleport from the home UMK3 versions and Trilogy. People are still looking for an arcade board to this day...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    My favorite of that era is Trilogy and I still can pick it up and play as Chameleon. I also could pull of all the special moves from all the Ninjas, so no matter what Chameleon was colored as I could dominate, which was awesome.

They brought him back in armageddon too, which was amazing

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They won't release a physical disc version.
    http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/31/kill...-in-september/

...And they'll do it again after Season Two's done, mark my words.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/31/kill...-in-september/

...And they'll do it again after Season Two's done, mark my words.
    Yeah, that's a bunch of shit. If the dev team wasn't bought out there wouldn't have been a disc release.

If you're interested in the KI classic, you can only get it through Ultra Edition upgrade. You'd still have to add an additional 20.00

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    What with KI2 being pretty much confirmed as being next up, I'm going to wait. Because I swear, attest and aver right now that as soon as the roster is finalized, there'll be some sort of ludicrous all-in-one package that includes absolutely everything, KI1 and KI2. Just wait. It's allll about the nickel-and-diming.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Kano's in MKX, as shown by the german GamePro magazine. And if fan translation of the article is accurate, so are Johnny, Sonya and Liu, whose fighting styles will reflect them at different points through the 25-year period.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Thats a shame. To have all three of them AND a daughter is quite a lot of generic white people fighting. Waste of character slots, i think. Need more Ninjas! Ermac, Nood, Smoke etc...

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    So, I tested a few MUGEN remakes of Mortal Kombat, and the one that I loved the most is Mortal Kombat Project Revitalized. This is what Mortal Kombat Trilogy should have been. It's everything an old-school MK fan would want, and then some. It even contains lovingly crafted 2D conversions of characters and stages from MK4 onward. Plus, it's tough as nails, and full of little surprises. It's the Sonic Mania of MK, a true love letter to the classic games, and then some. It easily stands on the shoulders of giants, and in many cases effortlessly surpasses them... Okay, enough gushing. Oh, and it's FREE! Link in the video's description. @Shadaloo , go, go, goooo!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Coincidentally, I've been tinkering with Mugen a little over the past 2 weeks. Gonna make me a version that excludes all the silly fan characters and just adds the MK4 guys, gives Smoke his MK9 moves.

Still playing 11, but giving it a rest for now until Sindel comes out in 2 weeks. Really looking forward to her.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Coincidentally, I've been tinkering with Mugen a little over the past 2 weeks. Gonna make me a version that excludes all the silly fan characters and just adds the MK4 guys, gives Smoke his MK9 moves.

Still playing 11, but giving it a rest for now until Sindel comes out in 2 weeks. Really looking forward to her.
    MK11 is dead to me. I need to finish the story and do some other random stuff but I absolutely despise the game speed and the online portions of the game.

I 100% regret buying the Ultimate Edition with the Kombat pass.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Please, send me a link when it's done!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Please, send me a link when it's done!
    Will do. I'm poking about to find the best fan creations and good looking extra stages, things that really have the good MK feel. I'll let you know

MK11 is dead to me. I need to finish the story and do some other random stuff but I absolutely despise the game speed and the online portions of the game.

I 100% regret buying the Ultimate Edition with the Kombat pass.
    Fighters have always been a single-player-or-with-friends experience for me when I'm at home. Online gaming is no replacement for in-person arcade interaction to me; I don't want to be set up against literal ten-year old kids or figurative ones who use racial or sexist slurs, both of which I was within the first two days of online play.

I can remember getting into an actual fight in the arcades over whether Dan was selectable in Alpha 1, thrown hands and all. Between the childish behavior, lag exploits,empty death threats, awful ranking system....yeah, fuck that noise. I play within my MK discord group and that's about it.

I'm much more fond of MK11's speed than I was X's though. Feels more like an amped-up MK2 than a cracked-out UMK3 and for that I enjoy it much more.

The Kombat pass has been hit or miss for me, but overall I'm glad I got it for movie Shang Tsung with coat, Nightwolf (after I removed that stupid helmet), Sindel, and the MK2 and 3 retro outfits. Kabal seriously needs one too though...
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 11-15-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Sindel's backstory has been retconned so now she was always evil and she killed Jerrod.

This is in the same game where D'Vorah claims in dialogue with Kitana that she killed Jerrod

And the Krypt says that Kahn killed Jerrod, which has always been the case.

Why do they hire these hack writers

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would actually buy kk dlc if it wasn't so heavy on guests

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    $40.00?

Piss off. I’m not buying it.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    They should have a discount for people that bought Premium, 40 is wayyyy too much.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I'll be putting down for Fujin because the fanbase, myself included, has wanted him back for years, and because Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung in a new Story mode is worth the price of admission to me. Sheeva's a bonus, Sub-Zero has his highly-requested Deception outfit, so I'm happy in this case. Plus Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and "Retrokade" (whatever that is) stages.

You'll probably be able to buy the characters individually, that's always been an option.

Fucking Robocop though, why

Who over there is so desperate to revisit movies that haven't had good entries in over 25 years?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll be putting down for Fujin because the fanbase, myself included, has wanted him back for years, and because Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung in a new Story mode is worth the price of admission to me. Sheeva's a bonus, Sub-Zero has his highly-requested Deception outfit, so I'm happy in this case. Plus Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and "Retrokade" (whatever that is) stages.

You'll probably be able to buy the characters individually, that's always been an option.

Fucking Robocop though, why

Who over there is so desperate to revisit movies that haven't had good entries in over 25 years?
    I hate their guest characters in this series. He seems like he's part of the story expansion also, ugh.

As for the pricepoint, I blew $100.00 on Ultimate Edition (can't complain as an early adopter blah blah blah) on launch. Then a year later I pay 2/3rds of a $60.00 price tag for a story add-on and 3 new characters meanwhile people who didn't buy upon launch or starting year of game get the new expansion and everything I paid for at $60.00? Not playing that shit. XL wasn't so bad but this shit is overpriced and a price gouge to people like me. I'm buying it at a 75% off price drop or never at all. I don't typically make a stand with stupid "game boycotts" but this is one I'm going to. Also hurts since I don't really like MK11 overall as a product anyways.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I hate their guest characters in this series. He seems like he's part of the story expansion also, ugh.

As for the pricepoint, I blew $100.00 on Ultimate Edition (can't complain as an early adopter blah blah blah) on launch. Then a year later I pay 2/3rds of a $60.00 price tag for a story add-on and 3 new characters meanwhile people who didn't buy upon launch or starting year of game get the new expansion and everything I paid for at $60.00? Not playing that shit. XL wasn't so bad but this shit is overpriced and a price gouge to people like me. I'm buying it at a 75% off price drop or never at all. I don't typically make a stand with stupid "game boycotts" but this is one I'm going to. Also hurts since I don't really like MK11 overall as a product anyways.
    Nah, he wouldn't be. They have a policy of not including guests in Story, I'd say the editing in the trailer is just weirdly linear.

I agree the price hurts and there should be some kind of discount if you own the game and the KP. Leave it to WB to bleed their fans dry.

I don't hate the game, I quite liked the combat and the story didn't shit the bed as hard as I was expecting it to, but the game economy, the grindfest of a ruined Krypt and a halfway-useless gear system really bummed me out. I like Story mode okay, but I wish they'd stop trying to pad their games out and just deliver a sane, confident fighter.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I'm not really interested to see what they do with Robocop after the way they represented Joker... that was lame.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I enjoyed a YouTube video of the robocop content. But that’s all I need, a video, for all of the guests really... no need to buy the game