I've been in love with this series since I was little.

I have the MK/MKII double game cartridge for the Game Boy. I played MK II, 3 and Ultimate MK3 on the arcades (and, ahem, arcade emulators, too) like crazy as a teenager. MK Trilogy was a fave for me on PSX. I liked MK4 and was very impressed by Deadly Alliance. The Konquest TV series was a bit "meh". Didn't care much for the movies, I've never actually sat through them.

Kinda abandoned the series after that, but the Tancharoen stuff (Rebirth and Legacy) were pretty nice. This week, I purchased the newest game, Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition for the Xbox 360 and I am FUCKING STUNNED. It's amazing. It brings tears to my eyes. It has the best parts of the previous MK games combined into one badass package. I'm halfway through the Story mode and it's incredible, both story-wise and gameplay-wise. The graphics are very cool. I love that every character has their own unique design and voice instead of cheap color swaps. It was a great bang for the buck for me. It has lots and lots of stuff to play through and I'm sure as hell it will be fun when I'll invite my friends for some old-skool one-on-one fights!

Now, excuse me, I'm off to kick Scorpion's ass.