Thread: Mortal Kombat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I'll be putting down for Fujin because the fanbase, myself included, has wanted him back for years, and because Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung in a new Story mode is worth the price of admission to me. Sheeva's a bonus, Sub-Zero has his highly-requested Deception outfit, so I'm happy in this case. Plus Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and "Retrokade" (whatever that is) stages.

You'll probably be able to buy the characters individually, that's always been an option.

Fucking Robocop though, why

Who over there is so desperate to revisit movies that haven't had good entries in over 25 years?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I'll be putting down for Fujin because the fanbase, myself included, has wanted him back for years, and because Cary Tagawa as Shang Tsung in a new Story mode is worth the price of admission to me. Sheeva's a bonus, Sub-Zero has his highly-requested Deception outfit, so I'm happy in this case. Plus Dead Pool, Soul Chamber and "Retrokade" (whatever that is) stages.

You'll probably be able to buy the characters individually, that's always been an option.

Fucking Robocop though, why

Who over there is so desperate to revisit movies that haven't had good entries in over 25 years?
    I hate their guest characters in this series. He seems like he's part of the story expansion also, ugh.

As for the pricepoint, I blew $100.00 on Ultimate Edition (can't complain as an early adopter blah blah blah) on launch. Then a year later I pay 2/3rds of a $60.00 price tag for a story add-on and 3 new characters meanwhile people who didn't buy upon launch or starting year of game get the new expansion and everything I paid for at $60.00? Not playing that shit. XL wasn't so bad but this shit is overpriced and a price gouge to people like me. I'm buying it at a 75% off price drop or never at all. I don't typically make a stand with stupid "game boycotts" but this is one I'm going to. Also hurts since I don't really like MK11 overall as a product anyways.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I hate their guest characters in this series. He seems like he's part of the story expansion also, ugh.

As for the pricepoint, I blew $100.00 on Ultimate Edition (can't complain as an early adopter blah blah blah) on launch. Then a year later I pay 2/3rds of a $60.00 price tag for a story add-on and 3 new characters meanwhile people who didn't buy upon launch or starting year of game get the new expansion and everything I paid for at $60.00? Not playing that shit. XL wasn't so bad but this shit is overpriced and a price gouge to people like me. I'm buying it at a 75% off price drop or never at all. I don't typically make a stand with stupid "game boycotts" but this is one I'm going to. Also hurts since I don't really like MK11 overall as a product anyways.
    Nah, he wouldn't be. They have a policy of not including guests in Story, I'd say the editing in the trailer is just weirdly linear.

I agree the price hurts and there should be some kind of discount if you own the game and the KP. Leave it to WB to bleed their fans dry.

I don't hate the game, I quite liked the combat and the story didn't shit the bed as hard as I was expecting it to, but the game economy, the grindfest of a ruined Krypt and a halfway-useless gear system really bummed me out. I like Story mode okay, but I wish they'd stop trying to pad their games out and just deliver a sane, confident fighter.