Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind an iTunes Digital Single for "Is Your Love Strong Enough?" as a surprise a few days before the full album drops digitally (I realize that's in 5 days). Kind of makes sense too, the 2 "songs" from the album released as singles.

I highly doubt she was referring to TGWTDT, though
    Oh and i strongly hope IYLSE? will remain exclusive to soundtrack. don't know why but i'm quite sure the album has a different style

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Oh and i strongly hope IYLSE? will remain exclusive to soundtrack. don't know why but i'm quite sure the album has a different style
    I'm not sure, maybe add it as a bonus track or something - unless it differs in a major way from the LP. Or throw it in only on the LE, if there is one.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    My spot - in the film Limitless, The Believers features about 40 minutes in.
    Just heard/saw it too.

I've never noticed the "II" behind The Null Corporation before. Anyone know wut thats about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No idea. Didn't even know the song was in the movie. What scene? I think I went out to get food during part of this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just noticed it being "Null Corporation II" on the liner notes of the TGWTDT OST. Hmmm.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    no mention of the "II", but I did find this:

Corporation Wiki

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think it simply means there's another group somewhere called The Null Corporation

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think it simply means there's another group somewhere called The Null Corporation
    that or there was some sort of corporate restructuring

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was a little underwhelmed by the EP, mainly because I really wasn't digging Q's vocals. However, I thought she sounded fucking fantastic on IYLSE, and I loved that track as a whole. It's gotten me very excited about the LP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent said they'd done some interesting things with her voice on the album, so you should probably expect more of that IYLSE kind of range. Yay!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, Trent said in that KCRW interview that he thinks the Destroy Angels LP is gonna blow a lot of people's minds. I don't know about you guys, but I was already psyched - thus, that comment has me frothing at the mouth.

"Fur Lined" has been my favorite of theirs for a while, due in no small part because, to me, it sounds the most uniquely HTDA. There are obviously lots of NIN-ish bits that can be identified throughout the EP, but that song sounds the least afraid to be a potential pop song. Furthermore, it sounds the least afraid to move away from the Trent/Atticus "noise comfort zone." I adore the noise, but it's cool to hear something that's equally interesting but more unexpected. My point is: Trent, Atticus, and Q were still finding their footing with the EP, so I'm expecting/hoping the full-length to be more defined and more along the lines of the dance-y alternative pop vibe of "Fur Lined." The fact that Trent has stated the HTDA LP is almost the total opposite of Dragon Tattoo seems to lend itself to that possibility. I would not mind some unabashedly upbeat, danceable tunes from these 3.

Hooray speculation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, but Fur-Lined is really just an expansion of what Trent did with Only. I mean they're both great songs but when I think Fur-Lined I don't think it's uniquely HTDA.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carpenoctem View Post
    Yeah, but Fur-Lined is really just an expansion of what Trent did with Only. I mean they're both great songs but when I think Fur-Lined I don't think it's uniquely HTDA.
    I hear you, and I agree. You could cite at least 2 NIN songs for every HTDA song, but the whole scuzzy disco angle has got to be the least explored is what I'm trying to say. It sounds like they're having the most fun with Fur Lined, too, which is another reason it stands out: I can't NOT think of the teaser with Trent, Atticus, and Q all playing the synth breakdown in the studio. It's also got the least Trent-like vocal phrasing if you ask me (I don't even think he does backing vocals on it). Again, it's just what I'm hoping for.

In any case, I think it'll be a wholly satisfying album. I can't remember what the general reception was for the EP on ETS when it came out, but I don't recall it being too great - which could work to the advantage of the full-length.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Hey guys, don't forget: the music of HTDA, NIN, TSN, TGWTDT, Quake etc etc ...... ís Trent! The way he approach a song will always be recognizable.
    I'm in the phase that I don't talk about all these bands and projects anymore. I'm in the phase I talk about what Trent Reznor creates.
    Now it's TGWTDT, next will be HTDA and after that maybe NIN again.
    Trent Reznor is the reference, not NIN!

vvv well, it's the best song on the album vvv
    Last edited by witte; 01-12-2012 at 06:22 AM. Reason: feedback

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not EVERYTHING Trent does sounds like Trent: http://sheepdean.tumblr.com/post/461...ic-clapton-and

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tax Reaper View Post
    From Mariqueen's twitter account posted today "new HTDA is coming. soon".
    Great, so she's becoming the new TR and will be using 'soon' in reference to everything....here we go again!

Tapatapa?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I wonder if Reznor heating use "Soon" in their promo material.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I'm in the phase that I don't talk about all these bands and projects anymore. I'm in the phase I talk about what Trent Reznor creates.
    Now it's TGWTDT, next will be HTDA and after that maybe NIN again.
    Trent Reznor is the reference, not NIN!
    True, but it's not just Trent we should be paying attention to anymore. That's probably the best thing about him being in a full-fledged band. I know he's always worked a lot with other musicians in the past (Dave Grohl was probably the best thing to happen to WT), but it was always his vision and his alone. With Angels it seems like he's really trying to step out of the spotlight and explore the dynamic of a true collaboration. Remember those first promo pics where he was way in the background facing away from the camera with Q and Atticus in front?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if Reznor heating use "Soon" in their promo material.
    Oh we're I not on tapatalk I'd like that so hard you'd feel dirty in the morning.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonedwarf View Post
    Oh we're I not on tapatalk I'd like that so hard you'd feel dirty in the morning.
    Lol, what in blazes...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    HTDA/Q posted a new pic http://instagr.am/p/nA3A1/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    She is even cagier than her husband when it comes to teasing new material.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I love how they use the projector to show the band name and images. I'm sure during recording it plays something else, but the idea of them cycling through artwork just seems lovely to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ^Wow, I didn't even notice that! Awesome! In between and after Dragon Tattoo sessions, I'm sure the band had a fun time with that screen + projector. It's really cool that they've kept it around as another decorative/atmospheric element for the studio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can see them as a band placing a higher concentration on visuals. I love the stuff they reblog on their tumblr, so surreal and beautiful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not EVERYTHING Trent does sounds like Trent: http://sheepdean.tumblr.com/post/461...ic-clapton-and
    I actually hear alot of Trent in this song. The whole background and atmosphere sounds like it came from ghosts..

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    "The next to the last day of finishing mixing the new How To Destroy Angels record. Excited about this!" - TR on twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent just tweeted "The next to the last day of finishing mixing the new How To Destroy Angels record. Excited about this!

Edit: Sorry for posting the same thing...must have posted it at the same time or something.
    Last edited by Santos L Halper; 02-10-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    You were about a second behind me lol. Considering how long it took Slip to go from mixed to released, anyone else expecting an announcement next week?