Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: LP Fapping

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope we get another update tonight. I go back to work tomorrow and I don't want a full day away from the computer

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I hope we get an actual update - Trent listening to the album in his car isn't really an update imo, unless some of us were under the impression it was unfinished

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I hope we get an actual update - Trent listening to the album in his car isn't really an update imo, unless some of us were under the impression it was unfinished
    I've been assuming it must not be finished to some extent, otherwise it would have been released ages ago. I did assume the music itself was finished however. I know nothing about releasing an album but I thought maybe the production aspect may have been holding them back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Maybe they're working on packaging of actual CDs - they do take a lot of care with packaging and there were delays with the GWTDT deluxe soundtrack which they would probably want to avoid this time.

I know when it comes I'll want a physical CD as well as just download. Personally I think I'll just order it from them rather than wait for Amazon as I'm not really bothered about when the physical cd arrives as long as I get it at some point, and I don't want to order the download for a fee and then pay again for a cd. Anyway I think that sort of thing is more complicated than we think

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Maybe they're working on packaging of actual CDs - they do take a lot of care with packaging and there were delays with the GWTDT deluxe soundtrack which they would probably want to avoid this time.

I know when it comes I'll want a physical CD as well as just download. Personally I think I'll just order it from them rather than wait for Amazon as I'm not really bothered about when the physical cd arrives as long as I get it at some point, and I don't want to order the download for a fee and then pay again for a cd. Anyway I think that sort of thing is more complicated than we think
    Yeah, it must be something to do with that. I'm guessing they just don't want to release it digitally untill they can give us a solid date for the physical release. Still, some word at all would be lovely

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This has gotten me wondering as to what type of system Trent's rockin' in his ride.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Does anyone else not care about the physical packaging anymore, if the music is finished? I'll take a download today and a CD in July, rather than both in July.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortfeazor View Post
    This has gotten me wondering as to what type of system Trent's rockin' in his ride.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does anyone else not care about the physical packaging anymore, if the music is finished? I'll take a download today and a CD in July, rather than both in July.
    I would like a physical copy at some point but yes, I would much rather have the download now and wait however long for the cd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well there's definitely a precedent for that - I think all his major releases since parting with Interscope have been download now, buy physical copy later. I'm sure this won't be any different.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I want them both now

As much as I want to hear the new music, there are some things that I just don't listen to until I have the physical version, artwork and all, in my hands. Waiting for the first EP to show up was bad enough; Ghosts was a huge torment. But the childlike rush I get from pulling off the plastic wrap and actually putting a CD into a CD player is something I still like to save for artists (and their offshoots) that I grew up listening to.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Who wants to bet that TR browses this thread/forum laughing at us?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I bet all three of them trawl ETS, eating popcorn whilst listening to the LP

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I still prefer the joy of opening a new cd, looking at the art, popping it in the player, and looking through the booklet.
    A single released online, I might listen, but if I'm going to listen to the whole album, I want everything in my hands.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I would consider the tweet important.

I'm sure he's listened to the record tons of times. He specifically felt the need to tweet about it for a reason, especially after so much radio silence.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just at the point where I just want to hear their new sound as quickly as possible. I would definately like the cd, but at this stage, I'm really not worried about when it arrives (assuming they release their music digitally first as has been the case of their newer releases).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like the digital release first followed by the physical later. That way you get two things to look forward to

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I doubt this is getting released before TGWTDT deluxe finally gets shipped. It would be bad form to offer a new product for sale before the last one gets delivered, and TR has a history of doing things right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I doubt this is getting released before TGWTDT deluxe finally gets shipped. It would be bad form to offer a new product for sale before the last one gets delivered, and TR has a history of doing things right.
    Ugh, FUCK that delay. If you're right, even more reason to get pissed at the vinyl fuck-up.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I agree with jessamineny, but I hope this means it gets released the evening of the same day, not a month later

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Or they could put up the digital at any time, then announce (smaller scale) deluxe stuff later. CDs and vinyl aren't that hard to organize, they could do that immediately as well.

If I were them, I'd send a free copy of the album to anyone who was affected by the delay in the GWTDT deluxe. A nice gesture?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    If I were them, I'd send a free copy of the album to anyone who was affected by the delay in the GWTDT deluxe. A nice gesture?
    Wouldn't be a bad idea. Aphex Twin did something similar when a select group of fans got faulty vinyl copies of one of his releases. He sent them all a vinyl version of an album he hadn't even released yet for their troubles. I don't see Trent and Co. doing this, but maybe everybody who ordered the deluxe package gets a first taste of the new album. Maybe a download code that let's them download a song or two. That would be a good way to make up for the delay without having to release the album in full and to give us something to look forward to still.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    is it wrong to expect short video teasers from the studio similar to what they did for the ep?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    is it wrong to expect short video teasers from the studio similar to what they did for the ep?
    Not wrong. I'm not sure they'd be quite as exciting though since those ones we weren't even sure if it was Trent involved. Not until we saw that Skull lamp and the swarmotron. It could be a nice way to build up to the album/single though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also really looking forward to holding a real CD.
    I'm glad to know Im not the only one who still values the physical packaging, and the time and art involved in them.
    Yet at this point I dont care if I have to wait awhile to get the CD...I am so anxious to hear the new music.
    I seriously can't remember the last time I have been this excited to hear some new music.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Or they could put up the digital at any time, then announce (smaller scale) deluxe stuff later. CDs and vinyl aren't that hard to organize, they could do that immediately as well.
    TGWTDT vinyl begs to differ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by princessomega View Post
    I'm also really looking forward to holding a real CD.
    I'm glad to know Im not the only one who still values the physical packaging, and the time and art involved in them.
    Yet at this point I dont care if I have to wait awhile to get the CD...I am so anxious to hear the new music.
    I seriously can't remember the last time I have been this excited to hear some new music.
    Exactly how I feel. I hope this cd goes a bit more mainstream than the last one. It took a good year before I found it at an HMV

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    We should go outside more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    are you the guy on that site antiquiet?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    TGWTDT vinyl begs to differ
    that wasn't just a simple pressing. that was a tricky, custom lavish huge fuck-off box. i guarantee you Trent could put out a single 12" LP without delay before April is over.