Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Limp Bizkit

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They just announced a show at the Granada here in town. Might as well go, it'll probably be the only time I'll get to see them without driving very far. Hell, I could take the bus there.

Is this gonna be the tour where Black Light Burns is supposed to open for them? Or was that the last tour they did? I don't even remember seeing anything about whether that even happened or not.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Thanks! If they won't be there, maybe I'll wait on buying tickets. Then again, they'd literally only be a 10 minute drive across town. I'll just see what tickets are gonna cost.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    If they announce an NYC date, I'm there. Asbury Park is a pain to get to.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Strange article from an alternate parallel universe in which Limp Bizkit are a well-loved and respected band: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertai...-more/10446940

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Ready to Go video finally dropped!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    LOL. Lil Wayne and Limp Dickshit. Never thought I'd see that but I guess it's true and as generic as it sounded on paper.

Durst looks as wannabe as ever.

Good riffs though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That song is everything that is awesome about Limp Bizkit rolled into one.

9/10

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i enjoyed some of Gold Cobra but this new one isn't doing anything for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did their bass player leave, or has he just grow his hair out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to wikipedia, their bassist is still Sam Rivers, so I guess he just grew his hair out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "I'm so poker face, ladies goin' gaga."

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    i enjoyed some of Gold Cobra but this new one isn't doing anything for me.
    Still sam, met him earlier this year and got a pick from him. Kind of an asshole but he's still there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    What a fucking joke. Can we erase this band already?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fred Durst recently did an AMA where he actually sounded quite intelligent and talked about how much he loved NIN.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Fred Durst recently did an AMA where he actually sounded quite intelligent and talked about how much he loved NIN.
    He's a chill dude, and as long as you listen to his band with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek their albums are pretty damned good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Want:

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The fact that they have released the first single in April 2013, released the video in July and that the album is only slated for January 2014 speaks for itself. For sure the album is weak.

I have never seen that before. I bet they are writing new stuff for it as we speak.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I couldn't wrap my mind around it either, but that could and would be just about right in some ways. As for me, I hardly listen to Limp Bizkit now, but I still find myself liking Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. I even remember liking, and still like most of Results May Vary too. It was actually until a little bit after The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1) when I stopped following Limp Bizkit.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The fact that they have released the first single in April 2013, released the video in July and that the album is only slated for January 2014 speaks for itself. For sure the album is weak.

I have never seen that before. I bet they are writing new stuff for it as we speak.
    This type of thing is quite common in the hip hop world, they're signed to Young Money, I don't know if it's connected. But yeah, I'm sure it's going to suck, I can't believe that they think they're still popular.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    This type of thing is quite common in the hip hop world, they're signed to Young Money, I don't know if it's connected. But yeah, I'm sure it's going to suck, I can't believe that they think they're still popular.
    You do make a good point about this being common practice with hip-hop releases. If Young Money thinks they can manage a rock release the same way, they are even dumber than I thought.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    You do make a good point about this being common practice with hip-hop releases. If Young Money thinks they can manage a rock release the same way, they are even dumber than I thought.
    I don't see this working honestly. Weezy doesn't have the same pull he did three years ago, much less when Tha Carter III came out. Hell, he's not even the most popular guy on his label or second (Lookin' at you Drake and Nicki). It'd be one thing if these guys were consistent hitmakers for the past decade, but their last album and tour flopped and they're more than a punchline. It's going to be hilarious to see how this develops.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I don't see this working honestly. Weezy doesn't have the same pull he did three years ago, much less when Tha Carter III came out. Hell, he's not even the most popular guy on his label or second (Lookin' at you Drake and Nicki). It'd be one thing if these guys were consistent hitmakers for the past decade, but their last album and tour flopped and they're more than a punchline. It's going to be hilarious to see how this develops.
    Many shows on the bizkit tour sold out, mine in stl included.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Many shows on the bizkit tour sold out, mine in stl included.
    Surely not the amphitheater tour in which many shows were cancelled or "rescheduled" which weren't actually rescheduled.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how true this is, or will be, but it sort of seems like Stampede of the Disco Elephants is slated to come out very early next year, which is pretty much next month from now if it really is going to be released some time around January of 2014. That's the only latest thing I could find about Limp Bizkit as of now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stamped...isco_Elephants

And well, it seems like even the majority of former Limp Bizkit fans can still like Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and even Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water. I just put that way, because that's when Limp Bizkit was at the peak of their mainstream popularity, but CSATHDFW also was the start of their decline in some ways too, but the first two albums seem to be the most loved, and the least dissed and criticized out of all of them. It still seems that way until now, with the exception of people that hate every single thing Limp Bizkit put out since 1997.

As for the lineup, they've always seemed to surprise me. First Wes Borland leaves, and then returns, and then DJ Lethal leaves, which also makes me wonder if he'd also return some day just like Wes.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "Stampede of the Disco Elephants" has to be the dumbest title since "Chocolate Starfish...", still i do want to listen to it, "Gold Cobra" was meh but at least they tried, i want them to record another album in the same vein as "Three Dollar Bill Y'all"
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 12-03-2021 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    about ten years ago, I saw Fred Durst walking down the street towards me. I immediately froze. I finally had my opportunity to tell the guy who wrote the song "nookie" to go fuck himself. Maybe I could trip him. Or push him. Or trip and push him. Maybe I could tell him how much it sucks that he's proud of the fact that he's never read a book.

So Fred Durst walks up to me, sees me frozen staring at him, and naturally assumes I'm a huge fan. He makes this shitty sorta gang sign thing with his hands and says "Wassup man?!" and nods at me. Then he walked away.

That really happened, and not a day goes by that I don't hate myself for letting that happen.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I dunno, people hate Fred because he's a douche, but i can think of far worse people in the music business than him, the Oasis dudes for example...