Thread: Limp Bizkit

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    That Guitar sounds awfully out of tune.
    That's what I thought in 1999.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Durst just forgot what made the band good (well successful) in the first place. It wasn't songs like Lightz that's for sure. The Borland guitar solo is badass but the rest, ugh, it's horrible. It doesn't appeal to the typical Bizkit fan. I remember when Chocolate Starfish came out when I was like 12, I bought that shit because it was rebellious, over the top. Whether they like it or not, that's their audience.

I still limp with the bizkit from time to time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So i read that Fred had posted this on the bands facebook...
    “FYI- this is a nu metal rock album. Not for radio. Not for commercial use. Our focus is on our band and our desire to rock the fuck out. As you know radio does not rock. So be it. This one is for nu metal rock fans. No one else.”

thats worth a million face plants. their is like probably 4 or 5 "nu metal" fans left out there. Nu metal is dead. God i cant believe im even posting this

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    ...there is like probably 4 or 5 "nu metal" fans left out there. Nu metal is dead. God i cant believe im even posting this
    Deftones, on the other hand, are blossoming (according to this forum)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Probably because they haven't made a "nu metal" record since 1997.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    They release "Lightz" - and then say they're appealing directly to the fanbase. Yeah right.

Also, nu-metal may be unfashionable, but it's far from dead. Linkin Park, Slipknot, Disturbed, Deftones all still do very well. SOAD would too if they came back.
    Instead, with each release, LB put themselves closer to the category of the has-beens and never-weres who still soldier on: Ill Nino, Mushroomhead, Static-X, Papa Roach and so on. Korn are also going down that path.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I used to love Mushroomhead, but they have been nothing but bland and boring since loosing one of their guitarists and singers. Used to be one of my favorite bands, and i still love Superbuick and their Self Titled

As far as the 'tones are concerned, i think they have trancended "nu-metal" all together, much like SOAD, LP and Slipknot

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    “FYI- this is a nu metal rock album. Not for radio. Not for commercial use. Our focus is on our band and our desire to rock the fuck out. As you know radio does not rock. So be it. This one is for nu metal rock fans. No one else.”
    And I laughed and I laughed. To quote Metalocalypse: "Can somebody tell this band what year it is?"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    In a room full of darkness hoping to see lights.
    IN A ROOM FULL OF DARKNESS HOPING TO SEE LIGHTS? REALLY!? LIGHTS? I LISTENED TO THIS FUCKING SONG ONE TIME LAST LAST WEEK AND IT'S BEEN IN MY FUCKING HEAD EVER SINCE. A SONG ABOUT LIGHT SWITCHES! FUCK!! FUUUUUCK!!! KILL ME!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wait, then what was Gold Cobra supposed to be?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Yes .. it has arrived...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I couldn't think they'd get shittier but now they feature Lil Wayne on a track and are on his label officially releasing something.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Ah... my fucking ears.... they've gotten worse.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This is fucking terrible

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I never really cared about the band. I never really hated them. I never really mind people actually enjoying their musics.

I just know I always enjoyed Boiler.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^Yeah, was never a huge fan of the group either... but "Boiler" is a pretty damn good track.^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm fucking sick of the term leaked. according to wikipedia, fred durst 'leaked' this new song by posting it on their website. that is literally the opposite of leaking.

yeah yeah limp bizkit fans not having a fucking clue about anything isn't new but STILL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthebear View Post
    I'm fucking sick of the term leaked. according to wikipedia, fred durst 'leaked' this new song by posting it on their website. that is literally the opposite of leaking.

yeah yeah limp bizkit fans not having a fucking clue about anything isn't new but STILL

haha I saw that too. I also thought it was weird choice of word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a love/hate relationship with Limp Bizkit. I really like their music espically from Three Dollar Bills, Y'all to The Unquestionable Truth (Part 1). Gold Cobra wasn't that great as I expected but the new song really isn't that great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new song is killer. I love how you guys claim to hate this band but can't stop talking about them or keeping up with what they're doing.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nvr_mind View Post
    The new song is killer. I love how you guys claim to hate this band but can't stop talking about them or keeping up with what they're doing.
    If you step in dogshit, and then tell some people about the unfortunate experience, that doesn't mean you suddenly like dogshit.

It's ok if you like the band and their new song. I don't think Limp Bizkit is primed to invade/torture my ears in the same kind of inescapable way they pulled off in the glory days of Nookie. If it makes you happy, nobody can take that away from you. However, it's very possible that people are just being completely honest when they say that they really dislike the music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You're right. I didn't mean to seem like I was pissed or anything. I, also, completely understand why people would not enjoy the music this band makes. So I'm not judging people for not liking it. I, however, love this bands energy and the attitude of their music. Even their mellow stuff can be cool and trippy thanks to Wes. I love his guitar work and also the rest of the band. I try not to pay too much attention to Fred's shitty at times lyrics but rather his delivery and how killer the band can be live. Not saying people shouldn't have their own opinion. I just don't get the sheer hatred this band gets so much.
    Last edited by nvr_mind; 03-27-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i THINK THE NEW SONG'S PRETTY GOOD. sHAME ABOUT LIL wAYNE THOUGH IMO. nOT A FAN OF THAT BIT

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh my gawd i made it through an entire LB song without having to hold back vomit...

But seriously though, this was one of their better tracks from back in the day (and one of the first times they have tried to play this one, apperently)

edit: cuz i had the wrong link for the vid. that and i just noticed this is my 3rd post in this thread, which is 3 too many because i cant stand these guys. however my desire to share cool stuff i find with the ets community outweighs my personal convictions against this band.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 03-31-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    ^ video unavailable

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    ^ video unavailable
    4th and final post in the LB thread is being used to inform all that the video link has been fixed. its been good guys, but ive got better things to do, like clean my deep fryer or scoop my cats litterbox.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Man...that rehearsal version sounded like ass - which is a real shame, because "Hold On" is one of those Limp Bizkit songs I genuinely like. I'm sure it would sound different through a soundboard, but that alone just wasn't great.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I am a Limp Bizkit fan...and Ready 2 Go is a pile of shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It is pretty bad. Some of Gold Cobra was, at least, pretty cool musically. This is pretty bland, poorly produced, repetitive, and a horrible rap collaboration. At least the song with Method Man was cool.