Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gojira

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    This new album is...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    First time listening to Gojira, I loved all the songs before the release, the whole thing is amazing! Not a single bad song. I watched a little of the live at Hellfest on their youtube channel, wow are they killing it! They are opening for Deftones this summer, I have my ticket since last year, but I'm not sure how it will play out with covid, the race to vaccination and international travels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the Fortitude is just... pretty good. Not bad at all, but a middling effort overall in Gojira's discography. I'll admit that Magma hit me at a very particular point in my life, so I'm super biased towards it being the greatest thing Gojira has ever done. And perhaps Fortitude will prove its worth to me with time. I thought L'Enfant Sauvage was pretty "eh" as well on it's release, but it's grown immensely on me since then. But as of right now, I don't find myself returning to many of the songs. Amazonia, New Found (holy shit if that riff isn't a Pantera riff reimagined for 2021, then I don't know what is), and Grind, which is a great Alice in Chains cover (I kid, I kid). The first half of Grind is great, but I feel like it kind of peters out with the ending section, and not in the way they intended. And The Trails is honestly just flat-out boring to me. I've listened to the track numerous times hoping to find something I missed the first time, but nope - it's a 4 minute slog of song that feels like 8 minutes. This probably sounds very negative, and I don't mean it to. I love Gojira, I think the album's good, even made plans with a buddy to see them on their recently announced NA tour... it just doesn't have the same "oomph" with me that the previous album did. But like I said, when Magma dropped it was kind of the right album at the right time for me. I guess the tl;dr version is: the album is good, but slightly disappointing to me for unquantifiable personal reasons.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Grind.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Have Fortitude on repeat

Sphinx and Another World are my faves so far

anyone else getting an Alice in Chains vibe on "The Chant"?
    Last edited by LaneSax; 05-10-2021 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    The Way of All Flesh is still my favorite album but this latest one is really good after having it for more than a week on play.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    That pairing with Knocked Loose is an odd one, and I assume the crowd will be awful, but man I adore both bands so I'd love to catch one of those dates. Would have to travel for it though.