Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This season started strong and has slid down hill into what feels like absurdity (even by AHS stadards).

Season 2 feels like the strongest one now.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Lance Reddick's devil reminded me a hell of a lot of Hugo Weaving in ​Cloud Atlas.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    This season started strong and has slid down hill into what feels like absurdity (even by AHS stadards).

Season 2 feels like the strongest one now.
    Don't be a hater, dear.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Don't be a hater, dear.
    I am trying. Really I am. But its not easy when my inner critics goes on line.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    One more week!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i loved this season. much neater premise, less absurdity, and fewer tangents overall. i'd probably rank it: season 3, season 1, season 2, though i have enjoyed all of them so far.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Asylum, closely followed by Coven and then Murder House waaaaaay down at the bottom, personally.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Asylum, closely followed by Coven and then Murder House waaaaaay down at the bottom, personally.
    Yes pretty much.

Although in season 1 when Dylan McDermont is beating the shit out of burn face, and burn face is laughing and begging to be killed, that was a highlight of the series.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For me I think Season 1 is still the best.

Season 1 > Season 3 < Season 2.

Asylum was all over the place, it didn't seem like the writers knew where they wanted to take it and just took it everywhere. It had it's moments but I enjoyed 1 and 3 much more in hindsight.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The highlight of season 1 was Jessica being a bitch, personally. Apart from that, I found it to be stupidly dull. I think I wanted all the Harmons to die after the third episode.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I thought this season was terrible, to be honest. I had quite a bit of tolerance of the silliness for the first two seasons because often there were things I found appealing or clever, but I just found this one painfully inept.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The highlight of season 1 was Jessica being a bitch, personally. Apart from that, I found it to be stupidly dull. I think I wanted all the Harmons to die after the third episode.
    That was the beauty of it. I am not ashamed to also think that season 1 was the best.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The highlight of season 1 was thinking Rubberman could be anybody but who it ended up being.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    speaking of highlights. Season 2 was definitely the axe into the back of the neck.

and i was like "why did the hot one have to die?" but then the other one died too

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I finally finished this season, really did not like it. Seemed like barely anything happened in most of the episodes. The last few episodes were dumb as hell. That Stevie Knicks training montage in the finale was cringe worthy. Show has by no means lost me but this season sucked.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I thought season one was ...interesting...

Season two was fucking AWESOME!

Can't wait until season 3 hits netflix.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 4 will be set in a 1950's carnival.

The poster in that article is fan art of course, but this has me fuckin' pumped.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    American Horror Story: Freakshow.

October airdate.

Confirmed: Jessica Lange, Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, Evan Peters.
    "In talks": Emma Roberts, Denis O'Hare.
    Heavily rumored: Zachary Quinto (personally, I'm not too sure).

Set in Jupiter, Florida in 1950, although it's being filmed in New Orleans. All the confirmed actors are apparently playing former performers that are "rescued" by a "glamorous German" woman played by Jessica.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm game/set. I LOVE Freakshows and travelling carnival atmosperes.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    my wife and i took this up about a month ago.

The first season was really great. Very clever wrapping the troubles of a modern family into a haunted house story. The first season was relatively focused, if only a little hamfisted. I still think that was the best season.

Season 2, obviously, flips the table. Season 2 starts out pretty disturbing and scary, in a way that I thought exceded it's predecessor. But very quickly, it cranked up the crazy to 11. It's almost as if the writing team never turned down a single idea. ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS! Still Season 2 keeps you guessing, and even further to it's credit, I really enjoyed how they were able to make each character a sometimes hero/some times villain. In the end, it was watchable at worst.

Season 3 though, was just a sad mess. For some reason they just really felt compelled to make a CW style teen drama. It was tragic because I was all up for a witch themed TVshow of sorts, awaiting season 3 over all. Like Season 2, Season 3 was completely incoherent and all over the place. But unlike Season 2, 3 was never ecclectic and crazy, it was just annoying and stupid.

That said I'll give season 4 a shot. I'm not much into the whole Dark Carnival/Scary Clown/Juggalo thing but... combined with those season 2 things it could be pretty fun.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    ...aaaaaaaaaaand Michael Chiklis was announced as being part of the cast last night, through a surprise appearance at a Coven Paley Center panel.

Not quite sure how I feel about this, but it's cool that he's back on FX at least.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well, he did a good job with The Shield. Def welcome this decision.. but I am still weary about the whole "Freakshow" idea. I feel like series or shows or whatever that tried this approach failed miserably (Cough Cough Heroes).

:Off topic:

It really reminds of when Kramer in Seinfeld is trying to give Jerry advice for new material and talks about freaks and a talking head... sorry, couldn't help that reference .

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Last season Stevie Knicks appeared, and then one of the characters became randomly in love with her music.

This season, Insane Clown Posse gets the same treatment.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The other casting news from Paleyfest is that Gabourey Sidhibe and Jamie Brewer are back next year too and that actors from the other seasons will appear. No one was announced, but Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton were specifically mentioned.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The other casting news from Paleyfest is that Gabourey Sidhibe and Jamie Brewer are back next year too and that actors from the other seasons will appear. No one was announced, but Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton were specifically mentioned.
    YESSSSS
    my hetero and homo crushes, together again

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I finally watched the last season. I'd been turned off after Season 2, with the kitchen-sink-of-crazy-plotlines that @Wretchedest mentioned ("ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS!"). But I'm glad I gave it a chance -- I didn't realize they were basing it on real New Orleans history, or I would have watched it sooner. Made up for the dumb Stevie Nicks singalongs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I finally watched the last season. I'd been turned off after Season 2, with the kitchen-sink-of-crazy-plotlines that @Wretchedest mentioned ("ZOMBIES! NAZIS! EXORCISMS! ANNE FUCKING FRANK! ALIENS!"). But I'm glad I gave it a chance -- I didn't realize they were basing it on real New Orleans history, or I would have watched it sooner. Made up for the dumb Stevie Nicks singalongs.
    man, I feel the exact opposite! Season 2 DID EVERYTHING FOR ME and I felt actually wound up with some pretty compelling drama and something to say; Season 3 was SO BAD FOR ME that I almost can't even care about this show anymore. If it wasn't for how good seasons 1 and 2 were, I wouldn't even pay attention to this show anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I would have to agree that 2nd season was really good. As far as I remember the one plotline I felt really didn't work was the alien one for sure. They could have got away with leaving that out since there was plenty of interesting things going on. The alien plotline was so half baked. They introduced it early on, forgot about it and then towards the end of the season it was as if the writers went, "Oh yeah the aliens!". However, having seen the 3rd season that misgiving about the alien plotline seems rather minor now. I thought 3rd season was really bad as well. I was telling my mom how good this show was and she being curious about it watching the 3rd as it was airing. Well it was rather embarrassing and I had to assure her that 1st and 2nd were so much better, especially the 1st. We struggled to finish it waiting for it to get better. Jessica Lange and her storyline was one thing about this season that was redeeming at least since she brought in the most compelling conflict to the story. I did find it satisfying though how the main baddies including Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates' characters got their just desserts in the end.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i feel like season 3 was a total cop-out. i'm stoked for season 4, though. 2nd season was my favorite. i don't think the first season was that bad, but i hate that it led to a bunch of peeps on the web romanticizing the behaviour of tate and thinking that it's okay to shoot people, as long as you're cute and like nirvana. 1st season was cool for the part w/the masturbating onto the lamp and crying, though. that's always funny.