Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
Results 451 to 467 of 467

Thread: American Horror Story

  1. #451
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How many episodes do you need to watch to enjoy it? I tried to watch more than 3 episodes, but already on the third I am always bored .... Maybe it's just not mine?

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SophieWaggner83 View Post
    How many episodes do you need to watch to enjoy it? I tried to watch more than 3 episodes, but already on the third I am always bored .... Maybe it's just not mine?
    You talking about 1984? If you find yourself not enjoying it after the third or fourth episode... Nothing after that will change your mind.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,148
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    1984 is the best season the show has had since Freakshow.

    Just my two cents.

    Murder House > Asylum > 1984 > Freakshow > Cult > Hotel > Coven > Roanoke

    Never watched Apocalypse. I need to get on that.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,119
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Stopped watching this at the beginning of season 3. Started 1984 (intrigued by the 80s/Slasher setting) and really liking it so far!

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    1984 is the best season the show has had since Freakshow.

    Just my two cents.

    Murder House > Asylum > 1984 > Freakshow > Cult > Hotel > Coven > Roanoke

    Never watched Apocalypse. I need to get on that.
    I went from Murder House straight to 84'. I actually watch the intro every time; rare for me but it's pretty well made. My favorite character has to be Trevor... Dude has all the swagger and the best lines in this show imo.

    "That bike is a fickle mistress. Easy on the throttle or she'll buck you like a wild stallion." I completely lost it from that delivery.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Soo, after watching a decent amount of this series, I can say I rather enjoyed a good chunk of what was offered. I am not sold on the whole Sarah Paulson worshipping; she is fine though.

    With what I have watched so far, my rankings are this atm:

    1984
    Coven
    Asylum
    Murder House
    Apocalypse (Really liked what they did here, but the execution and major plot holes ruined it)

    Hotel intrigues me, and Roanoke I have heard from multiple people is a complete waste of time.

    New season is titled "Pilgrim" and will have a major casting choice: Macaulay Culkin... so this really intrigues me with what they will do with him. Filming officially begins March 1st!

    Casting is ace in this one:
    Sarah Paulson, Angelica Ross, Kathy Bates, Frances Conroy, Leslie Grossman, Evan Peters, Billie Lourd, Lily Rabe, Finn Wittrock, Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Spencer Novich, Adina Porter and Macaulay Culkin.


    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-01-2021 at 02:43 PM.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,415
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Soo, after watching a decent amount of this series, I can say I rather enjoyed a good chunk of what was offered. I am not sold on the whole Sarah Paulson worshipping; she is fine though.

    With what I have watched so far, my rankings are this atm:

    1984
    Coven
    Asylum
    Murder House
    Apocalypse (Really liked what they did here, but the execution and major plot holes ruined it)

    Hotel intrigues me, and Roanoke I have heard from multiple people is a complete waste of time.

    New season is titled "Pilgrim" and will have a major casting choice: Macaulay Culkin... so this really intrigues me with what they will do with him. Filming officially begins March 1st! Casting is ace in this one:
    Sarah Paulson, Angelica Ross, Kathy Bates, Frances Conroy, Leslie Grossman, Evan Peters, Billie Lourd, Lily Rabe, Finn Wittrock, Ryan Kiera Armstrong, Spencer Novich, Adina Porter and Macaulay Culkin.


    i've only watched Hotel & Roanoke.

    hotel was phenomenal, with a couple missteps.

    Roanake's first half is amazing. once the "reenactment" portion ends, it completely falls apart and just becomes so nihilistic and upsetting that it's not worth watching. so just...stop after the first half.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,019
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Also, American Horror Stories is coming. 16 short self-contained episodes.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,484
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i've only watched Hotel & Roanoke.

    hotel was phenomenal, with a couple missteps.

    Roanake's first half is amazing. once the "reenactment" portion ends, it completely falls apart and just becomes so nihilistic and upsetting that it's not worth watching. so just...stop after the first half.
    Damn, so the first half and then stop watching statement is true then lol.

    The only seasons I cannot stomach to watch are Freakshow and Cult. Freakshow I saw two episodes and it felt like a weird circus version of Glee, with Cult just not looking interesting at all.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,415
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Damn, so the first half and then stop watching statement is true then lol.

    The only seasons I cannot stomach to watch are Freakshow and Cult. Freakshow I saw two episodes and it felt like a weird circus version of Glee, with Cult just not looking interesting at all.
    i have clourophobia (fear of clowns) so i will never be able to watch freakshow. sarah has watched most of the seasons and has definitely warned me off some of them, but she thinks i'd love coven. maybe i'll give it a chance at some point.

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,019
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,266
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Has there been a mention about the theme this season?

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,019
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Has there been a mention about the theme this season?
    There's been a number of theories that it involves some kind of aquatic horror, oceanic or beach elements, etc. Seems like this image may prove it as it does look like they're on some kind of beach.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Right here
    Posts
    2,220
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    There's been a number of theories that it involves some kind of aquatic horror, oceanic or beach elements, etc. Seems like this image may prove it as it does look like they're on some kind of beach.
    Cthulhu, baby!

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,019
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    So officially it’ll be: American Horror Story: Double Feature

    Two stories, one season. ‘One by the sea... and one by the sand.’

  16. #466
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Little Pink House
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Cthulhu, baby!
    Aye, spawn of N'oth Yiddich! S'blood!

  17. #467
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,019
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Posting Permissions