Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: American Horror Story

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

The exact look on my face while watching last night's episode. I swear!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, and Sarah Paulson all confirmed for Season 8. Rumors online of the subtitle being 'Radioactive'.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ryan MurphyVerified account @MrRPMurphy
    The Coven/Murder House AHS crossover season won't be happening next year...because it's happening THIS YEAR. AHS #8 WITCHES RULE THIS SEPTEMBER

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Officially the first season that I'm not even going to bother watching.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Officially the first season that I'm not even going to bother watching.
    As with the rest of the series - I’m expecting to be super impressed by the art they use for marketing, and then the season itself being rather hit or miss from episode to episode. I really love what the show wants to be, but it rarely feels like it hits that spot. But then again, I never watched the last season, so maybe that’s changed?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    You're spot on. The promotional material is usually pretty slick. Then the show ends up being very weak.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah the marketing for Coven was awesome and then the season was such a letdown. I made it halfway through the freakshow season before I gave up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is anyone else just done with this series? I was so hooked for the first three seasons. Season 4 was okay. It had its highs and lows. Season 5 was tolerable, but mainly a miss. Season 6....ugh. And I couldn't even get through Season 7. I watched the first three episodes and decided I was done. It honestly felt like Ryan Murphy decided to add in commentary about our current political climate as an afterthought and it didn't work for me. I know the next season is a mash up of Murder House and Coven, but I don't know if that's enough to bring me back. They've been teasing the whole all seasons are connected for years and they've made clumsy efforts to show this, but it doesn't really sway me.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i dunno ... roanoke sucked, i can barely remember the last season, only saw half of them. and even though coven is a close third in shittiest seasons for me, i'm still hopeful. this time. for some reasons. probably lange. and bates. even if it's just cameos.

i love murder house, asylum, freak show and (my favorite) hotel so much. still a great deal of faith it'll turn itself around.
    Last edited by kel; 08-14-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Surprised to see this thread way back. Is no watching the new season?

I liked the first episode. I'm starting episode 2 right now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Surprised to see this thread way back. Is no watching the new season?

I liked the first episode. I'm starting episode 2 right now.
    I would've if It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia didn't air at the same fucking time.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Cult just got put on Hulu so we're catching up ojn it. We're up to about episode 6 and we're enjoying it. Episode 1 was really strong, felt very nuanced and they did a great job conveying the election night anxiety and fear, but it got a bit too dumbed down since. Still, it's an enjoyable watch!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I'm digging the new season so far. I'm pretty sure it's about the literal antichrist.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Cult just got put on Hulu so we're catching up ojn it. We're up to about episode 6 and we're enjoying it. Episode 1 was really strong, felt very nuanced and they did a great job conveying the election night anxiety and fear, but it got a bit too dumbed down since. Still, it's an enjoyable watch!
    Finished the season last night, felt like they phoned it in at the end. They could have made a much better horror season on cults, it was fine but ultimately one of the weakest AHS seasons...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I can't wait to see what the "christian truthers" have to say about this one.
    What they say about this show in general is usually pretty funny.

It's like: no, you don't get it. The things you noticed aren't "hidden." It's MEANT to be fucked up.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    none of these characters are likable. at all.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    I like Mallory well enough.

Is it just me or was the whole Langdon blood ritual kind of... hot? Yes, I'm weird, I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The last 2 episodes have been great. It feels like this season is really hitting its stride.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Random, and though I haven't really watched the last few seasons...fairly big news.

Evan Peters says he's going to 'sit out' next season.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa. Next season is an 80’s slasher homage called AHS: 1984.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Love the intro to this season.

I'm watching the first episode on its second airing. Hope it's good. I ignored watching Apocalypse.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    this series is over with, no longer worth saving. roanoke and apocalypse sucked, but 1984 sucks way worse. the acting, the characters (not a single likable one), the plot, the subplots, all of it seems like a parody of itself. the only good part is the intro.

such a bummer, guys.
    Last edited by kel; 11-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Agreed. Watched the first two episodes as I'm of course a huge fan of the 80's slasher genre. At the end of the second episode, my wife and I tapped out. Bummer.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    none of these characters are likable. at all.
    I just started watching Apocalypse, and I was about to jump in to say pretty much the exact same thing. I hate all these characters and I don't care what happens to them. I don't even dislike them enough to want to see something bad happen... I'm just bored.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just like with The Walking Dead, I think i'm tapping out on American Horror Story now as well. I've watched the first few episodes of the season, and I had a hard time sitting through them. Was a huge fan of slashers films of the 80 and 90's, but this season just isn't clicked with me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Was this worth watching at all? 1984 that is, I somewhat liked Apocalypse.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Was this worth watching at all? 1984 that is, I somewhat liked Apocalypse.
    This season was dumb fun. Where some seasons waver between good horror and campy horror, this one fully embraces the campiness. I found myself laughing at how dumb it was while also enjoying it. My girlfriend and I had (coincidentally) watched Friday the 13th and The Cabin in the Woods before the season started, which was a perfect primer.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just did my ranking of the seasons out of curiosity, and not surprisingly, it's pretty much the longer the show goes on, the less I like it.

COVEN
    MURDER HOUSE
    ASYLUM
    FREAK SHOW
    HOTEL
    ROANOKE
    APOCALYPSE
    CULT

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching the series for the first time! Murder House was pretty good and started out strong, but it lost a lot of steam towards the end. Still enjoyed it overall with some pretty good performances and did a decent job borrowing other elements from past horror stories.

I'm on 1984 atm and really enjoying it for what it is. First two episodes are ok, but then it really opens up after that and doesn't let up. Funny, unpredictable at times, and oozes the 80's theme which I love. Majority of 80's horror films I could care less about the characters and it is pretty much the same thing here. The ridiculousness of it all makes it that much more enjoyable; try not to take this season too seriously.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-29-2020 at 08:34 PM.